+SIXTEEN+

+ONE AND ONLY+
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+CHAPTER SIXTEEN+

Another hangover. Jiyong wakes up on his bed, after another night of spending drinking at his yard. It's been the fifth time this week. He touches his head as he got to wake up with a headache one more time. But that's it, he decided that last night was the last time. He is aware that getting drunk is useless. It won't solve anything. He would woke up with more pains and still have to deal with everything. That's it. That wasn't a good solution. His heart was still aching, every single day. 

It's already been two weeks.

He was feeling lifeless. 

He walked into his kitchen where the Twins were making coffee for him, as every morning since the last two weeks. He didn't want them to be there but they insisted, as they saw that their leader was having a hard time. 

'Good morning Sir.' they say both at the same time. 

'Morning.' Jiyong mutters, seating on a chair in front of the bar taking the coffee. 'You don't have to do that guys. I'm still alive.'

'But we want to, Sir. We are worried about you.'

'You don't have to. It's okay. You can go home.' he said that the the twins looks at each other, before Young Don will speak again.

'Actually Sir. The other men just told us that today is the day when the clan go inside the area and see if people are clean or not.'

'We didn't understand what clean meant, but then they told us that they were talking about the people who own money to the clan.'

'Tell them that I won't go.' Jiyong says tired, drinking almost all the coffee from the cup. 

'I think this one is important Sir.' 

'Put on another excuse, be creative.' Jiyong says remembering how the twins made up excuses for the last weeks whenever he had to go outside the home for some things related to the clan.

'Sir, we don't want to be rude, but staying locked forever won't solve anything.'

'You know what, first don't call me sir. It's too formal now. And second, do I really have to go?'

The twins sigh. 

'I'm afraid you do, hyung.' 

'Hyung we really admire you actually. You are our role model.'

'We want to be like you when we grow up.'

Jiyong smiles a bit when he heard the last phrase. That was funny.

'No, you better don't be like me, or else, you will end up just like me. And that's not cool.'

'Not talking about the position. But you are actually a good person.'

'Exactly, you believed in us when no one else did. You gave us the chance of our life. We will forever appreciate it.' 

'Our life wasn't easy. Our father was killed during a clan fight and our mother got cancer, saddly we lost her two years ago. Then we moved from town to town looking for opportunities but nothing, until we decided to come to you.'

'So we are greateful for everything. So, making you coffee is actually nothing compared to what you did for us.'

Jiyong watches them, he never thought about those details about them. But he had faith in them, as they looked pretty determinated. Yet, he didn't think that he was the best role model for them. Everyone in the town hated him, including Chaerin now. And that was more than he could take. 

Sighing he got up from his seat and got dressed. He couldn't spend all this life like this, but at that moment he didn't care too much about the future.

Without her there was no future for him.

He couldn't see the future anymore, because he doesn't want a future without her. 

Every single moment of the day he was thinking about her. He felt the urge to call her a lot of times during those weeks, he needed to hear her voice, to heat that she is okay, that they still have a chance, that she believes him. 

Nothing happened. 

He didn't have the guts to do so.

She was clearly not scared of him. He was the one who was scared of her.

Finally he went out the home with the twins behind him and some others men. They will just do it quickly and then he could be back home to keep dealing with his own missery. Everyone knew about that day. It was the day when everyone from his area would came out from their house and make a crowd in the middle of the street while the clan will walk next to them finding out who is still having to pay their doubts, and punish the one who didn't do it yet or the ones who don't want to do it. 

Jiyong knows that this is something that his grandfather put on for the first time, then his father respected it all that time and now it's his time to do so. Actually it was the first time during his leadership, since that day was only happening once a year. But his mood was so freaking down that he didn't feel like doing anything but just stay at home, crying over his fate.

He saw all that people who was afraid of what was going to happen to them. He was able to sense the fear inside of them, moreover when they saw him coming too. He never failed to make them shake on fear, only his presence was making people want to die. He was this scary to them. Even without doing anything, just standing there looking at them.

He was walking with the clan but his mind was definitely somewhere else. What if he will never get to see Chaerin again? What if she will never talk to him again? Those kinds of thoughts were going around his mind over and over again, and never stopped not even when he was sleeping, he was hoping that when waking up she will be next to him. 

Jiyong doesn't even know how much had been passing, but he stops when one of his men spoke looking at a boy from the crown who was looking down, afraid. 

'You boy! You borrowed a lot of money from us and never gave it back. Last time it happened the same, but we forgave you. You neved gave it back, so you'll be punished.'

'Please, sir. Don't do that. I will give you back everything, I promise.' The boy says but his words didn't came out clearly as he was scared for his life. 

'Is that true?' Jiyong asks the boy, even if his voice wasn't stern at all, the boy was even more scared because it was the Dragon who was talking to him.

'I will give it back but right now... I need it to save my girlfriend. She is sick.' he says and Jiyong was just looking at him silent. Then the boy speaks again, trying to save his life. 'If you kill me, she will be alone because we only got each other.'

We got each other. Jiyong remember when saying that to Chaerin at that home when she told him that she only got him. 

He could feel the boy's pain and he could understand his fear of losing someone he loves because he was just the same. 

'You're lying for sure to skip your debts again.' the man says then looks at the Dragon. 'Boss we need to do something about liars.'

'It's okay, leave him alone.' Jiyong says, and everyone got more shocked at they expected the worst to happen. 'What's your name?' he asks the boy who was now looking at him.

'My name is Kim Hanbin, Sir.'

'Hanbin you come with me. And everyone else just go home. This had already finished, and forget about this date because it's not going to happen again next year and so on.' Jiyong shouts making sure that everyone could hear him. And they do. His men

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter