Page 3

Directory of Lost Souls | TeukChul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I move to stand and meet the soul. Our flames move around as an unknown force tells it to do so. It ignites and sends sparkles around our head and my chest throbs as if all flame is out and nothing's left with me anymore. I reach out to hold the flame the soul is holding but I'm in awe when suddenly, it turns like the color of aurora borealis. I pull my hand back to myself.  

Suddenly, there's a strong force pushing us together. Our bodies ignite, our chests holding each other's flames, eyes close. I howl my grief as the flames take a toll on us. Suddenly, our souls are not ours anymore. It sends us in a circle, souls still pressing each other. A spark lights up like a firework but not enough to soar into the horizon. Just like that, we are lying on our backs, flames ablaze of a color I never have seen it omits. I'm not sure why, but they say we really don't get tired. But it's as if millions of energy went out of me, failing my breathing like I have a body that aches.

I look at my side and see the equally glowing soul lies beside me.

"Who are you?" I say, breathlessly.

To my surprise, my flame keeps ablaze, just thinking of the possibility that this soul could be my perfect match.

"B.Y.," it says. "B.Y. is my code. How about you?"

"A.X.," my voice cracks. "What was that?!"

Three words that he says and my flame send a pang of cool sensation all over me. The flame on my chest spills through my other parts keeping a temperature that could send me chilling. But the weird thing is that there is something warm… and numbing… and beguiling to the feeling I'm having when he says…

"I found you. I ing found you."

"Were you all over the place, looking for me?"

It nods its head and places its hand over mine. We don't touch. We can't feel each other but with our hands like that, our flames react and gives us a spectacular show of lights. I giggle at the sight. There really is magic when two souls meet. Something the eyes could never imagine coming into life to bring the brightest star. I observe my hand and my feet, waiting for the flesh to come out like how I saw it from the two souls I first witnessed.

I sit up and wait. B.Y. follows my lead and asks, "What's happening? What's up?" 

"Why is my body not getting any flesh?"

B.Y. heaves out a sigh and lies back down. "I guess we met a little too early. It hasn't been a decade in the world's time. Maybe it isn't our time to go there yet."

"So, are we going to stay here for a long time?" There's a dip of happiness and hope in my voice when I ask B.Y. about it. I've been wanting to tell someone that I'd rather stay here, with no identity other than my flame and code name. This place seems like a better place than where we are headed.

"I'm afraid so," B.Y. says. "You're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter