Chapter two

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s flashback, 11 years ago…

There wasn’t much to remember from Chaeyoung’s school days. He was always the nerd loner guy who has no friends. His classmates would make fun of him as he was good in everything and would answer things easily unlike them. But there was one person that Chaeyoung can’t forget. He remembers the time he would stare at that one girl who makes his heart flatter. Chaeyoung always sits alone in the last row beside the window. He smiles to himself whenever he sees Sana laughing with her friends, her straight black hair along with her slim nice body. Not forget to mention how much he adores her eyes, the light brown color makes him melt maybe that’s the reason he would look away whenever their eyes meet. Chaeyoung had no place in Sana’s acquaintance list as she was famous between both girls and boys and who would look at the nerd Chaeyoung who only talks about books?

He can’t forget the day Sana didn’t attend the PE class. She stayed in their class, sleeping at her desk as the period pain was too much to handle and he understands.

The curtain was broken and the sun was all over Sana’s face. He stood beside her blocking the sun from disturbing her peaceful sleep.

She slept deeply in Chaeyoung’s shadow as he watched her face with a smile. His innocent and warm eyes weren’t making him creepy for doing this, no. Everyone can see the love he got for this girl. The bell rung and Chaeyoung rushed outside the class afraid that Sana will see him.

 

Present

“What are you looking at?” Jeongyeon asked. Chaeyoung was dozing off that he didn’t notice his older brother.

“Nothing” the younger replied as he placed the book in its place.

“Chaeyoung why did you agree?” Jeongyeon sighed worriedly.

“For the company Jeongyeon, our father is getting old he wants to see us married” Chaeyoung yelped “even if it’s arranged marriage I want to give it a try” he shrugged “maybe I won’t be lonely anymore”

Jeongyeon cupped the shorter’s cheek and smiled “my baby will get married soon”

“Oh god” Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and chuckled along with Jeongyeon.

 

Akira’s household

Akira was sitting with his wife when Sana came in to the living room after her date with Taeyong.

“Helllooo~” she greeted her parents and sat down “what’s wrong?” she said after she noticed her mother’s swollen eyes “someone passed away from our family?” she panicked.

“No” Akira replied and sat back. He looked at Sana straightly with frowned eyebrows “you have to break up with Taeyong”

“EEEH?” Sana yelled “WHY?” she was already sobbing “we are planning for our engagement!”

“THIS WON’T HAPPEN! I won’t let my daughter marry a poor useless person! Taeyong is uneducated and unworthy!” Akira hollered “you are going to marry someone else”

“What? Dad we live in 2020 not 1910!” Sana cried “I won’t marry anyone the person I choose!”

“It’s already said and done Sana” he said firmly while walking to her, he cupped her face softly “I am so sorry my daughter, I have to save myself and my job or I will go to jail… This is the right thing to do. It will save the three of us from being homeless and broke”

“You will throw me under the bus for saving yourself?” Sana raged “Mom say something”

“I am sorry my daughter” Aimi cried.

Sana shook her head disappointedly, tears filled her eyes and she ran to her room. She laid on her bed staring at her pictures with Taeyong. She can’t believe that she will lose him after finally finding the right person.

~~

Morning – SIMPLE company

Chaeyoung was in his office, he was so immersed with his work that he didn’t notice the clock.

“Oh I am late!” he said before calling his secretary “Jia please come to my office”

Not so much passed and the old woman came, she bowed to her boss and smiled “yes sir?”

“I need to go now, is the envelope ready?”

“Yes sire I placed it on your desk”

Chaeyoung laughed as he didn’t notice the small white envelope, he placed it in his pocket and got up “I won’t be late, hm? And if someone asked-“

“You went for a walk a bit” she continued “take care of yourself sir”

Chaeyoung grinned at his trustworthy secretary and left. He drove his X5 to a certain place he visits monthly. He stopped the car at the red light and hummed to the music, he couldn’t help but smile as soon as he remembered that he might meet Sana again after 11 years; some of the cars behind him start horning protesting that Chaeyoung didn’t drove off yet “sorry sorry” he apologized and laughed at himself as he continued driving.

~~

Taeyong’s workplace

Taeyong was cleaning his small grocery shop when a fancy car stopped in front of it. Seon came out of it and entered the shop.

“Do you need any help sir?” Taeyong asked humbly, simultaneously Seon’s driver closed the shop’s door and flipped the open sign to closed.

Taeyong yelped as he knew he is ed up.

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt you, I want to offer you something” Said Seon as the driver opened a suitcase filled of money.

“What is this?” Taeyong widened his eyes “for me?”

Seon nodded “500,000$ if you break up with your girlfriend”

“EXCUSE ME?” Taeyong yelled “I am sorry sir but please get out of my shop!”

“Tsk tsk tsk, don’t do something you will regret later!” Said Seon, he held Taeyong’s shoulders tightly “you are a barrier in front of me and I hate barriers. Don’t make me use force to remove you, son”

“I love Sana so much” Taeyong said firmly, glaring at the older guy.

“You love her… Yes. And of course you are planning to marry her but let me inform you. Marriage without money my son. You have to take care of your ill mother and pay for your father’s debts that he left before he died, not forget to mention the payment for your younger brother’s school. That’s a lot~”

“How did you know?” Taeyong was speechless, this stranger man knows everything about him.

“That’s the last thing you need to worry about son now think with me…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter