Chapter eleven

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I see her?” asked between sobs. Akira was side hugging her, he didn’t say anything since he knew the news and it made Jeongyeon worry that something might happen to this old guy.

“Yes, can we?” Momo begged along with Nayeon.

“For the last time,” they cried.

“We already put her in the morgue and her face is a bit deformed I suggest for you to not see it”

Momo hugged Jeongyeon tightly as she cried her heart out while Nayeon took care of the devastated Akira and Aimi. All of them went to Sana’s parents’ house except Jeongyeon who stayed there for his brother.

“Where have you been?” he yelled a bit at Myungsoo who just arrived at the hospital “your sister-in-law is dead and your brother is having surgery and you didn’t even pick up your phone!” he scolded.

“I was taking care of the press and the company,” he said sadly “but I am here now to stand by your side”

Jeongyeon rolled his eyes when the doctor approached them “the surgery was successful, we put cast on Chaeyoung’s arm and leg. It will take him a few months to recover”

“When will he wake up?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Jeongyeon I will be honest with you, Chaeyoung has 10% chance to survive and wake up. He is in a coma right now and we can’t do anything but wait and see if he will fight for his life or give up. I am sorry I did my best. But Chaeyoung has leukemia and him surviving till now is a miracle for me” he patted Jeongyeon’s shoulder “stay strong”

The later chuckled and sat down, his knees gave up on him. He wished this is a nightmare and not real but from the pain, he is feeling. He knows that it’s real.

Myungsoo patted his shoulder while staring at him blankly before he smirked lightly.

 

Night

Jeongyeon went to Minatozkai’s household. Nayeon and Momo were at Sana’s room while Akira was staring at his daughter’s picture and Aimi is sleeping after having a mental breakdown. Jeongyeon sat on the chair while Momo was laying on the bed next to Nayeon.

“The doctor said she is in the morgue?” Momo asked blankly “that means she is cold,” she said as she removed the blanket from her body.

“Momo” Nayeon sighed “don’t be like this you will kill yourself too” she looked at Jeongyeon was silent and staring at the floor blankly.

“How’s Chaeyoung?” Nayeon asked.

“He is in a coma, he has a 10% chance to wake up and survive”

Momo went to him and hugged him tight and they cried silently but Jeongyeon was strong he came here for a reason and he looked at the two girls with a piercing stare “we won’t give up. I will help you two open the factory. It was Sana and Chaeyoung’s dream and we will achieve it. I will take their place and open it as soon as possible and you two should be strong for your friend and my brother” he held Momo’s hand tightly and looked at her “and I won’t leave you! Whether you like it or not I will be with you and make a family with you. Life is short and I don’t want to miss any more chances. I want you so bad Hirai Momo”

Nayeon smiled at them as Momo hugged him tightly “I don’t want to waste any more time too, life is so short indeed” she said as he side hugged her and smiled sadly at Nayeon.

~~

Funeral

Everyone stood at the front of the funeral. Everyone's heads were down. Maybe it was them showing respect of maybe there were too afraid to look at what was coming. The coffin was pulled from the hearse by six strong men, all wearing suits including Jeongyeon and Myungsoo. The silence dwelled as they entered the church. It wobbled as they carried it to the front and gently placed it down.

The coffin was dark stained cherry and it was perfectly polished. It had a cushioned and silky lining. It seemed inviting. It was good to know that at least Sana was resting in a comfortable place.

Nayeon held Aimi's shaky hand the whole time. She wiped tears onto her sleeve and rested her head on the older’s shoulder. Momo and Nayeon kept it together until they passed a picture of Sana to everyone and that's when all the memories came flooding back like a tidal wave. Her face seemed so alive and happy and they couldn't help but wonder what she looked like under that closed wooden box. They stared blankly at it hoping that a miracle would happen and she would rise again and come back to the world, come back to them. But nothing happened. She was gone.

It's crazy how things can turn upside down for you. You see the person every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter