CHAPTER 1

Love Formula

As she put her feet on the very ground of her childhood dream university, she finally could breathe normally again. She couldn’t ever forget the feeling of looking at her laptop’s screen and screamed so loud while crying on Yonghee’s shoulder as she found out that she was accepted to the South Korea Institute of Art as a film major student. 

How could she not be hysterical when usually people need to try it in three attempts? Or how this school would only accept 20 people for any program it has? Even Yongsun, an A straight student, has prepared the possibility of herself to waste three years of her high school graduation after-life just to get into this university. 

Yongsun, who stood in the middle of the university’s gate, was looking around in awe and almost shed some tears. 
To tell the truth, nothing about the building is something out of the ordinary. It’s simply a big building with exposed red brick in simple and clean design with a great big garden encircled it. But for Yong, to identify herself as one of the students of this magnificent school is something that she couldn’t handle well. Especially when one of her favorite directors graduated from here. 

It was an understatement to call Yong merely a cinephile. Since the day she watched Lion King as a child, there was no day without watching movies in her life. From the mainstream to the high-art ones, she can’t help but be fanatic about it. While other people answered their parents as someone that inspired them, Yong chose Eisenstein. In short, Yong is more than a cinephile, because if love could be applied to objects, then maybe Yong’s first love is cinema. 

The 18 years old girl tried to calm herself down while breathing deeply before someone crashed into her in a hurry and woke Yongsun up from her beautiful daydream. A small apology reached Yong’s ears, “I’m sorry, I’m late for my first class. I’m so sorry!” which instantly reminded her about her own class too. 

“, do not ruin this, Kim Yongsun” as she followed the purple-haired stranger into the building.

---

“Hi, my name is Moon Byul-Yi and I’m 17 years old! This is the first time I come to Seoul because I’m actually from Bucheon! Being a film director has always been my one true dream! Please take care of me, everyone!” as the stranger who also the youngest one in class bowed herself in front of the class.  

Everyone laughed while clapping her hands happily. Except for Yong that still in shock to hear that someone who actually younger than her could get into this university. Even though, everyone is in their 20s except both of them, Yong still felt like the predicate of being the youngest one has been robbed from her. 
She couldn’t help but find this hamster-looking girl annoying. 

“You’re the one that I bumped earlier, right?” as Byul sat casually beside her with a big smile on her face.

“Um.” 

Byul looked at her weirdly, “Well, my mom told me about how some Seoul people could be arrogant and I used to joke about it. But, I think she told me the truth, huh?”

Felt insulted, Yong turned around and replied to her in an icy tone, “You don’t know anything about me.”

“Well, can I get to know you, then?”

As soon as the question was out of Byul’s mouth for the world to hear, everyone in the class cheered for her. “That’s smooth, Byul-Yi! Even the Ice Princess is blushing!”

“Ice Princess?!” replied Yong in fast. 

“ Do not worry, Kid! You won’t be an Ice Princess no more after our gathering drink tonight!” 

“I can’t drink. Nor does she.” as she pointed her finger to excited Byul. 

The guy is giving them a smirk. 
---
“Drink, drink, drink!”

Yongsun couldn’t remember how she ended up agreeing to drink her first-ever soju shot in her life in an easy manner. It was only three days since Yonghee-Unnie told her to be careful with alcohol and Yong replied to her with “I won’t drink, Unnie. Not until I’m 19.” in a very assertive tone. 

How could one day of university life has changed her as a person? More than that, how could this small portion of a drink make her feel so lighter? Is she drunk?

“Oh , she’s drunk.” as Mino, the name of the guy that called her Ice Princess at class before realizing that Yong’s face has turned red. “Okay, Ice Princess, where do you live?”

“I don’t know.”

“How could you don’t know?”

“You intoxicated me.”

Mino rolled her eyes and gestured to Byul to sit beside him. “Byul-ah, where do you live?”

“Ah, I just need to walk one block from this bar.”

“Okay, here’s the plan. You will take Ice Princess to your home now.”

“What? I’m not done, Oppa.”

“Yah, I put my sinless life in danger so you could drink and two bottles of soju is way more than enough for a kid. So, Byul-ah, do me a favor, would ya?”

Byul looked at the older girl that just stared into the ceiling of the bar. She can’t help but felt pity towards her. 

“Okay.”

“Good kid.”

---

“Yongsun-shi, can you walk now? Because I can’t feel my feet anymore.”

The older girl who's sleeping on her back could only mumble some weird sounds. Byul sighed so hard and tried her best to keep going. How could her first day of university ended up with taking care of a girl that she knows nothing about who was also so rude to her since their official first meeting? 

Nevertheless, Byul succeeded in putting Yongsun on her small sofa bed. 

With a heavy breath, she sat on the floor while putting both of her hands on her knees. For the first time, she finally could look at Kim Yongsun’s face clearly. Without her pout or wrinkle between her eyes, she actually doesn’t look bad. It might not be the kind of beauty that made you go speechless, but she is quite pretty. 

Another 30 seconds of staring at the other girl’s face, Byul chuckled while shaking her head disbelievingly. 

Never in her right mind, she thought she would let someone that she’s not even interested in sleep in her small studio apartment. It should be secretive with a few selective people knowing about it as she knows how university life could up someone’s life. No matter how people perceived her as easy-going, she’s still and always be the introverted one that worships a nice alone time. 

As she laid herself down on the floor, Byul thought to ask the sleeping girl to keep shut about her place as soon as she woke up tomorrow.