END

Ding Dong

Passing through the hallways, down the stairs to the site where the students were rehearsing for tomorrow’s stage. Knowing Eunji will be practising at the backstage, her feet brought her to the rehearsal room which belongs to the music club, this time she had to make it clear with Eunji, she has set Friday was her last chance, tomorrow would be Eunji’s performance and before that happened, Chorong had to confess. She was well aware of what she had to do. She simply had to stand in front of Eunji, look into her eyes and say I like you, only eight letters, three words she knew very well, but if she knew them so well, why was it so difficult to say them. What's more, her plan failed even from the first step. Chorong attempted to confess, but every time she was in front of Eunji, her legs went weak and her mind went empty. Eunji set the butterflies in her dancing when she looked into her eyes, when she spoke. Chorong always ended up forgetting her plan and stare at Eunji, get hypnotized by her charming eyes.

Once in front of the room in which she knew Eunji were, Chorong took a deep breath to gain courage, with latch of the door in her hands, repeating what she’ll have to say in her head. But before that, the voice of that person who had taken control of her heartbeat made her halt in her tracks.

“I'm telling you. I'll confess tomorrow no matter what.” Eunji said decisively and Chorong could hear another person's laughter.

Chorong was shocked at Eunji’s words.

Eunji liked someone, and she was going to confess tomorrow, just thinking about that made Chorong's chest contract and something clogged in . She knew she shouldn’t listen to that conversation, but her mind had gone blank unable to accept what she heard.

“But if you think about it, basically I already confessed.” added Eunji.

“Well, the third time is the charm.” said another person’s voice. “Weren’t her bestie helping you?”

By hearing ‘bestie’, Chorong was stunned. That could not be true, what she was imagining could not be true, and if so, it would be too unbearable for her heart, but in spite of her denial, the only besties she had in the whole university were Irene and Yongsun. Yongsun is dating Byulyi, left Irene who remembered that Irene had been seeing someone lately. And possibly, that someone was Eunji.

 “I'm going to tell her that all this time I've always liked her, that I can’t bear to keep being just friends and I'll ask her to go out with me." It was noticeable in her voice the love Eunji felt for that person, and it was at that moment that everything collapsed on Chorong and all she could do was to run away from the place.

By that time, Chorong's hands were over drowning a sob that was uncontrollable, her heart hurt, she had never had a chance. The raw truth exploded in her face without any censorship, Eunji had someone else she wanted and that person wasn’t her.

Eunji liked Irene, and she had already confessed to her once and she is going to do it again tomorrow. Chorong deduced from what she had just heard. It hurts so much, because there was no one to blame except herself. Chorong hated herself not being good enough for Eunji, perhaps that Irene was more charismatic gracefully and even prettier than her, and it was obvious that Eunji was falling for her.

The steps of someone running caught Eunji’s attention, although it was normal that by that time there would still be people running around preparing for rehearsal. “Did you hear that?” She stopped whatever her friend was trying to say, and concentrate on the sound, confirmed that there was actually someone outside until a moment ago.

“I thought I listened somebody.” Eunji was on her way to the door, but found no one outside, and at the thought of that, Eunji remembered that it was their turn for her rehearsal. “Let’s go Jieun-ah, it’s our turn.” Both of them left the room after taking their personal customized mic and Hayoung followed behind. “Hayoung-ah, what were you trying to tell me before?” Eunji asked as they walked towards the stage.

“How can I still believe you got the wrong locker at that time?” Hayoung said as she remembered that Eunji misplaced her confession letter for Chorong into Irene’s locker. On top of that, she didn’t write the name of the recipient, which lead to a huge misunderstood for both parties.

“Don’t remind me, it was so embarrassing. Even Bomi couldn’t stop clowning me.”

“You should had paid more attentions.” Jieun added.

“You can’t blame me. When I asked for Chorong-sunbae’s locker, the blond head satori senior pointed out Irene-ssi’s, and I was so nervous for even looking for details back then.” Eunji defended herself.

“From the beginning you shouldn’t had confessed through a letter.” Jieun continued to reproach her for her mistake, and Eunji had no more reason to go against it, because her friend was right.

When Irene went to kindly reject Eunji, the younger explained that she had the wrong locker and that the letter in fact was for Chorong. To her surprise, Irene informed her that she was Chorong’s bestie, and without her having to ask, Irene offered to help and agreed to keep it secret.

“You better confess to her tomorrow.” said Hayoung.

Eunji knows, and she will not hesitate to do it.


 

 

“Unnie... open the door.” It was what could be hear from behind the door, but her body refused to move from under the covers, all she wanted was to disappear for a moment, or at least until she stopped imagined Eunji’s image smiling next to her bestie, it hurts a lot. Because it was not right for her to feel that way when the happiness of her bestie and the person she loved was in game. “Bomi said you haven’t left your room since last noon, please at least tell me what’s going on?” The worried voice of Namjoo asked, but how could Chorong explain that the person she loves did not correspond to her feelings because they belonged to another.

“I just don’t feel good.” Somehow Chorong found her voice to say, but even in her voice could be feel her dismay.

“Do you feel very bad?” Namjoo continued with the questions. “Remember today there will be Eunji-unnie’s stage.” Namjoo did not have to remind her, Chorong was very aware of it, and she also knew it was the day Eunji would confess to Irene, and remembering that only increased her desire to be swallowed by her bed. After the incident yesterday, Chorong felt sorry as she passed her monitoring job to her senior with a lame excuse that she was not feeling well for not getting enough rest.

“You can go with Bomi.” That was what Chorong managed to say.

“Are you sure about it? Eunji-unnie must be waiting for you to support her.” If only Namjoo knew the damage she causes to Chorong every time she mentioned Eunji’s name.

“You better open the door to the count of five.” Namjoo’s voice had been swapped by Bomi’s. “1 ... 2 ...” Bomi counted slowly and calmly, as if she knew she was playing a game that she knew she would win “3 ... Unnie, you know that I have no problem in knocking down the door if it is necessary right?” The black belter paused to make a warning that sounded more like a threat to then continue with her count.

"4 ... 4.19 ..." The numbers resounded in Chorong’s head "4.5 ..." Her stubbornness came to an end as the black belter really broke the door. But as soon as Bomi and Namjoo’s eyes settled on the devastated Chorong, she was a mess, their eyes were filled with angst and concern. “Unnie, what happened?” Namjoo’s arm quickly wrapped around Chorong.

Chorong felt so small and helpless as she let herself hide inside Namjoo’s embrace for a moment as Namjoo’s hand her back.

“Bom-ah, she doesn’t like me.” Her voice was on the verge of breaking, tears already started to flow no matter how much she tried to suppress them. “Eunji doesn’t like me.” Her hand was clutching on Namjoo’s shirt. “She likes Irene.” It was the first time she said something out loud, followed by a tearful sob.

“What?!” The hand was comforting her suddenly stopped, Bomi who was sitting beside had her bros curved, her mind was processing Chorong’s words, unable to grasp how her housemate gotten that crazy idea. Irene is dating her influencer girlfriend’s sister, Wendy. Bomi took Chorong by the shoulder and gently moved her to see her in the eyes. Bomi could sense that Chorong was not joking and there was no way she was laying.

“Unnie, where the hell did you get that silly idea?”

“I heard from Eunji, with my own ears.”

Bomi’s confusion grew even more. Only a week ago, Eunji had told her that she would confess to Chorong on the day of her competition, not counting the number of minutes Bomi had had to put up with Eunji talking about her housemate as if she were the only person on earth, and is that Bomi had confirmed that Eunji's eyes only exist to see Chorong.

“She said she had already confessed to her, and that she would try one more time today." Chorong continued with her explanation.

Joining the dots, now everything had a little more sense. Bomi did not know where Chorong had gotten that information and clearly everything was a big misunderstanding, but apparently Chorong didn’t knew that letter incident part. Bomi's face relaxed as she understood the situation. Now the problem lay in how she had to explain the truth to Chorong, but when she thought about it, explaining it meant telling Chorong that Eunji really likes her, and it is not her duty to do so.

“Did you deduce it from something you over heard?” asked Namjoo and bingo.

“It's not necessary to hear it directly, it's quite easy to deduce from what I heard.” Chorong has a bad habit of jumping to conclusions, defended her idea, now against what Bomi and Namjoo would have to fight was Chorong’s stubbornness who tends to think herself as a smart-.

“Unnie, you can’t always trust your deductions. I can only tell you that you got a very wrong idea of things. Eunji has something to tell you today, right?”

“I don’t know if I can even look at her in the eyes.” Chorong said as she bit her lower lip.

“I ask you to please listen to what Eunji had to say.” By the time, all Bomi could do was convince Chorong to go to the competition and listen to what Eunji had to say, and let Eunji explained the situation.

Chorong was silent, at that moment she was having a battle with herself. A part of her wanted to go see Eunji and pour out her everything, how she felt, but the other refused because of the fear she had to be rejected.

“Trust me unnie.”

Chorong didn’t understand Bomi's persistence, might be just trying to help her bubby, and now that Chorong didn’t know what to believe. Chorong just wanted to know the truth.

“Alright.”

The only one way to know, and it was braving herself and hearing it directly from Eunji, even if it meant a broken heart, she didn’t want to regret that her real feeling was never having known by her.


 

 

Eunji did the final warm up for at the backstage. Since early morning, the team has been rehearsing for her stage. Everything was perfect, she had the lyrics memorized so she won’t make mistake on stage, yet the restlessness felt in her thought didn’t manage to disappear as she thought of performing in front Chorong. But, no matter how much she tried to peak and searched among the crowd, Chorong wasn’t anywhere. It was strange that the girl who should to be in charge monitoring the all process wasn’t not on the site since morning, and that’s worrying. Eunji tried not to overthink, maybe she had things to settle in the student council, and she will definitely be here for her performance, Eunji tried to comfort herself, but she couldn’t help but feeling uneasy. The next is her team’s stage, and all Eunji could do was try to focus and not to searching for Chorong in the crowds.

Eunji emptied her mind of everything that might distract her and positioned herself on the stage, but she more than anyone should know that getting Chorong out of her head is impossible. In one last action that was full of both hope and fear, her gaze rose to the great multitude of people, and as if her eyes were being drawn by a magnet and no matter how many people there were, at the back row, her gaze met Chorong's.

Just a small glance and Eunji could already feel the blood flowing through her body became living fire, suddenly her body felt lighter. Cue for the drummer, plucking of guitar began and their stage started.

I really wanted to say,

that I like you.

Can I say those words today?

Tik Tok

In a little while, when we are farther apart

If I can see your face from a distant,

Can I stand before you?

While trembling in happiness,

my cheeks flushed red.

First song ‘Ding Dong’ was performed without any mistake, Eunji and Jieun’s voices matched each other so well. Eunji would occasionally stealing glances to Chorong as she sings, because the lyrics are meant for her. The second song, where the duo walked down the stage and interact with the crowds, knowing this was the chance where she could finally see Chorong closer, but Chorong’s face was off with a sorrow that increased the closer Eunji walked towards her, ending only when Chorong turned her back and left the place. Bomi, who still that moment Eunji was aware of, gave her the kind of looks that told Eunji that something wasn’t right and then go after Chorong.

Everything happened too fast and Eunji was completely confused, but without much thought, she ran in search of Chorong. Feeling sorry for Jieun, but she believed that the girl will have no problem completing the stage herself.

 

“Chorong unnie.” Bomi chased her housemate through the desert corridor. “Unnie.” Chorong seemed to have deaf ears while walking at great speed which Bomi failed to stop her. Finally, Bomi had no choice but to take her by the arm to make her stop. Chorong’s hair fell over her face and her breathing was heavy. “Wouldn’t you going to listen to what Eunji has to tell you?”

“Bom-ah.” A figure appeared beside them. Eunji's breathing was hectic and her face filled with concern. Chorong's eyes widened as she found herself so close to Eunji, everything inside her stopped working for an instant. Now there was no way to escape and honestly, she just wanted everything to be over.

“I'll leave you two alone.” Bomi gave one last look to Eunji, touching her shoulder slightly, giving her a little of courage.

After a long silence, Eunji decided to go a little closer to Chorong who remained inert in her place, the atmosphere felt heavier and rather depressing. “When I saw you at the back, I felt very happy.” But not having the slightest reaction from Chorong made her shudder, that didn’t seem like the same Chorong she knew. “I feared you weren’t going to come.” Her voice trailed off.

“I wasn’t going to.” A chill ran over Eunji from head to toe as she heard Chorong's icy response, running out of words but gaining a terrible fear. “After all, you were only using me, weren’t you?” The words coming out of Chorong were incomprehensible to Eunji.

“What do you mean?” Eunji tried to hold Chorong's hand but Chorong quickly turned her away, finally looking at Chorong to the eyes. What Eunji found in those deep orbs was not the sweetness and beauty she fell in love with, but a deep pain that was reflected in her tears.

“You like Irene and I was there just for you to get close to her.” Chorong snapped in a broken voice that ended up running out of strength. Eunji’s face went paled, her fingers began to shake and her mind stopped working unable to understand how Chorong could think that, and did really Chorong thought she was that kind of person?

“You're wrong-”

“Please don’t try to deny it.” A tear rolled down Chorong's cheek, Eunji had made the person she loved the most cry. “I heard you talking to your friend. You once confessed to her and you’ll try to do it once again tonight.” Quickly, Eunji’s memories took her to the day before and to those footsteps she heard, finally realizing what was happening.

“So you heard that ...” Eunji’s lips curved and her face expressed her relieved, she would only have to explain the misunderstanding to Chorong and everything would be arranged.

“Are you making fun of me?” Chorong tried saying in a stern voice at the sight of Eunji smiling.

“Let me explain, the truth is I-” Eunji tried to speak but every time she tried to clarify the situation Chorong stopped her. Her mind was completely locked in her world not letting Eunji’s voice across her barriers. "Please listen to me-" Eunji pleaded once more, but Chorong was not listening to her.

"Chorong-ah." Eunji dared to get rid of the honorific, her patience was reaching its limit as well as her feelings. She had been accumulating her love for Chorong since the first time she saw her at the café, then the university entrance ceremony, the orientation, watching her every time she could from afar admiring her beauty, then when Chorong started to visit her parents shop regularly, Eunji tough it was a work of fate. At first, Eunji enjoyed only by seeing Chorong smiles at small things, then slowly falling in love with her cute reactions. But Eunji was too shy to talk to Chorong, after all for her, Chorong was so perfect that she felt unreachable. Dominated by her cowardice Eunji ended up confessing through a letter.

And now that she was so close yet so far away made that everything she had accumulated burst out without any warning. If she could not reach Chorong with words then she’ll do it with her actions. Eunji took a big step forward, her right hand sliding around Chorong's waist, pulling her body closer while her left hand gently took Chorong by the nape, finally her lips met in a tender but firm kiss in which Eunji put all her feelings in it.

Eunji was about to ran away realizing what she had done, but Chorong's arms caught her by wrapping around her neck. Chorong was responding the kiss, and she was doing it deep and more intense, filling each of the cells of Eunji’s body with life, just like this is how happiness must feel.

Their lips parted but their bodies didn’t, Chorong hid her flushed face on Eunji's neck who embraced her warmly, but with a smile that expressed her emotion. “It was always you.” Eunji finally spoke when she recovered her breath. “I tried to confess through a letter, but I confused your locker with Irene-ssi’s and then she offered to help me. You have no idea know how nervous I was the first time I talked to you, I had to control myself a lot so I won’t look like an idiot in front of you and pretend I didn’t know you, but actually I was dying to hold you.” Chorong's grip around Eunji’s neck grew stronger with every word.

“Park Chorong, I like you.” The hidden words in her chest finally let out.

Chorong finally pulled her face away, allowing her to see Eunji with her crimson cheeks and sparkling eyes.

"I like you too, Jeong Eunji."





"And now we are dating." Chorong finish talking. It was only necessary for Chorong to set a foot inside the class, only to be attacked by questions by Irene and Yongsun, but even from the beginning it could be seen how things ended, Chorong’s radiant smile betrayed her completely.

Irene sighed as she rested her body on her desk. "My work is done then." They all knew Eunji would do the right thing, only she was worth to have Chorong. "Before I forget, take this." Irene put on Chorong's hands a small letter that she pulled out from her pocket. “It was supposed to be yours.”

Chorong's smile brightened and her heart filled with tenderness and joy as she read the letter that was handwritten with letters that she recognized perfectly.


I know this can be very sudden and somewhat strange, but my name is Jeong Eunji from the music department. I'm in the music club and I like to listen to A-punk just like you. I know I am two years younger and you still don’t know me but I would love you to do it, because the reason for this letter is to tell you that I like you.

 

 

 

The end.

 


Leave your thoughts. 

New writer in the house? Having the idea to write this, because me personally suffering Eunrong's drought. See you at the next Eunrong shot or the other pairs?

Ciao.