And just like that, a year had passed.

Favourite Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made my way down to the first floor of the house with a skip in my steps.

“Good morning!” I hopped onto one of the seats surrounding the kitchen island. “Smells amazing, Chef Gaeun!” Gaeun sheepishly smiled at my compliment.

“Are Jaekyung and Mina up?” Gaeun asked as she flipped the pancake. I nodded distractedly, eyes only on the pancake. “Hmm?” Gaeun prodded for a response.

“Oh yeah, they are. Mina’s just washing up and Jaekyung was rolling around on her bed,” I my lips at the stack of pancakes Gaeun started creating. I left the apartment I was sharing with my old housemates to move into the current house with my best friends a few months ago. Jaekyung suggested moving in together as a joke when we had a sleepover at her parents’ house that lasted for a week. The joke turned into reality a month later.

“Here’s your plate of pancakes, you little early bird,” Gaeun served me a plate of freshly made pancakes and I could not wait to dig in. Gaeun was the designated chef in our house. She found joy in cooking and would willingly offer to cook up a feast. I often helped her out, finding some joy in cooking. “Where are you and Sehun going today?”

“We’re going to the theme park! Then have dinner I guess?” I shrugged my shoulders, unsure of the plans after the theme park.

“Time passed by really fast,” Gaeun commented.

“It really did,” I agreed.

Today marked the first year ever since Sehun and I became a couple. Not long after Sehun and I got together, Jongin, Mina and Baekhyun, Gaeun became couples respectively. Jaekyung liked to joke that the two couples got together thanks to the comment she made a year ago. None of the four ever verbally acknowledged it but we all knew it played a part.

Just like how Sehun promised, the past year have been filled with immense feelings of joy and happiness. There was not a day I never failed to smile because of Sehun. It became more apparent when I logged day after day into the ‘Happy Moments’ section I had in my planner. Mina always told me that Sehun and I were like water in a lake – we flowed together smoothly. Sehun and I rarely got upset at each other and even if we did, it would only last for a few hours before getting resolved. My friends think of our relationship as water flowing together beautifully in a lake, but I have heard people forewarning either Sehun and I that we were merely in our ‘honeymoon stage’ of the relationship.

After having breakfast with my best friends (Mina and Jaekyung came down when Gaeun announced that breakfast was ready), I started to get ready for today’s date with Sehun. I shuffled through the different clothing pieces I had in my closet, pursing my lips. The weather was relatively cold, but we were going to a theme park (that was indoors), so would I need to wear shorts in case I got too warm or should I wear winter appropriate clothing since it was winter? I settled on a jumpsuit that I could layer over with a coat. With one last swipe over my lips with a lip tint, I did a final check on myself in the mirror before heading out of my bedroom. I skipped down the steps, humming along to the song resonating through the house.

“You look extremely cute!” Jaekyung complimented as I approached my friends who were all sprawled over the couches.

“Thanks!” I did a little twirl for them as a joke. I sat next to a sprawled Mina who was on the phone with Jongin. Gaeun called for me as I turned my attention to the show that was playing on the television.

“Will you be home for dinner tonight?” Gaeun asked. I shook my head.

“Sehun and I will be out getting dinner!” Gaeun nodded her head.

“Hmm… So, you won’t be home for dinner, neither will I, and Mina’s going over to Jongin’s for dinner. Jae, did you want me to cook and just leave it in the fridge for dinner?” Gaeun offered.

“Nah, it’s alright. I’ll get Chan to bring food when he comes over,” Jaekyung perked as her thumbs flew over the keyboard of her phone.

All four of us snapped our heads to the intercom when the bell rang. “That must be your boyfriend,” Jaekyung cheekily wiggled her eyebrows. She got up to check the intercom and turned to me, signalling that it was Sehun. “She’ll be out in a minute,” Jaekyung relayed the message to Sehun just as I stuffed my feet into my sneakers.

“See ya later, you dorks!” I bid my friends goodbye and rushed out of the front door before my best friends launched the throw pillows at me. Due to the cold weather, I fastened my steps to get to the vehicle I was so used to.

“Hey love,” Sehun greeted as I stepped into his car.

“Hi baby,” I kissed his cheek before buckling myself into the passenger seat. After a few months of being together, Sehun started calling me ‘love’ after we both said the ‘I love you’ to each other (Sehun accidentally blurted it out). Not long after I started calling Sehun ‘baby’ because Sehun could be really cute when he wanted to be.

“Excited?” Sehun asked as he reversed the car to get it on the main road. I nodded enthusiastically.

“Yes! I’m excited for the rides! Oh! And to save money, I brought some sandwiches we could have instead of eating at some restaurant there!” I proudly showed off the sandwiches I made and packed. Sehun made a noise of acknowledgement.

“Since you packed sandwiches and wish to save money, I guess we won’t need to get the churros too?” Sehun joked. I gasped.

“Maybe we could just have the churros?” I smiled sweetly at Sehun. He simply laughed. “It could be dessert!”

“How long did you want to stay there to have dessert?” Sehun challenged.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t think your sandwiches would last us until dinner. And if we did have dinner there, the reservation I made would be wasted,” Sehun pointed out.

“Oh! You made a reservation? Where are we going for dinner? What are we having?” I fired question after question, intrigued on the plans Sehun had made for the day. “So, how long exactly are we staying at the theme park? What are we going to do after the theme park? Straight to dinner? Ooh then can we have dessert? I don’t mind giving up the churros for proper dessert! Maybe liked ice cream and waffles? Yum! Sound delicious, don’t you think? Oh, you know what else tastes delicious with ice cream? Pancakes! Pancakes and ice cream, chef’s kiss! Speaking of pancakes, Gaeun made some for breakfast this morning and they were extremely tasty! They filled my belly up so good!”

“Babe, one would think you’re a foodie for sweets when they hear you speak,” Sehun commented when I finally paused my monologue about food to catch my breath. I gasped like I had just been offended.

“But you’re the foodie! I think you rubbed off on me,” I concluded. “And I’ve always been a sweet tooth so it’s just natural that I talk about desserts and sweets. But baby, don’t you think the combination of ice cream and waffles is just amazing. Generally, ice cream with anything is bound to be tasty because, hello, ice cream. But waffles and ice cream are just on another level. Like pancakes and ice cream. Also, waffles are so versatile. Like there are those crispy waffles that are fit for ice cream, so the waffle won’t get soggy but there’s also those really softer and thinner waffles for spreads,” On and on I went about waffles and ice cream. Sehun gave appropriate responses and reactions, so used to my ramble about dessert food.

As the foodie between the two of us, Sehun would also join in and have lengthy chats about a restaurant or different types of food but as he was driving, he was more focused on the task at hand rather than fully commit himself in my dessert talk. The moment Sehun parked the car, he started listing off dessert places he heard and read about.

“My colleague was telling me about this dessert place that made really, really good deep-fried Oreos? Remember when that was the trend and it was everywhere? Well this place brought it back and my colleague said it tasted really good. The batter wasn’t too greasy and heavy,” Sehun intertwined my fingers as he told me about the dessert place. “Ah! He also told me he went to this dessert place with his girlfriend where they had pizza desserts! Instead of tomato sauce, you can get chocolate sauce with strawberries instead of pepperoni and stuff!” my jaw dropped at the image of a dessert pizza.

“Baby, can we go one day? Please, please, please?” I tugged onto Sehun’s hand, pleading for him to agree.

“Which one? The deep-fried Oreos or dessert pizza?” Sehun distractedly asked as he led us to one of queues for the theme park.

“I don’t care about the deep-friend Oreos. We can make that at home. I’m talking about the dessert pizza,” I fluttered my eyelashes when Sehun looked down at me.

“Oh sweetheart, deep-fried Oreos around the world would be hurt by what you said,” Sehun raised one of his eyebrows, a twinkle in his eyes indicating he was just teasing me.

“Okay, I take that back. I don’t want deep-friend Oreos feeling upset by what I said,” I played along.

“You can’t just say you’re taking it back. You have to apologise to deep-fried Oreos. And maybe consider adding them to your list of desserts to try,” Sehun had a cheeky smile playing on his lips, his eyes anticipating what I was going to say next.

“Sure, I’ll add them to my list of dessert. But how could I apologise to them when there aren’t any deep-fried desserts here?” I cocked my head, confident that I had won this round of playful banter between Sehun and I.

“Love, please. Just put your hands together, close your eyes and say “Deep-fried Oreos, I’m sorry for hurting your feelings. I do care about you.”,” Sehun did exactly what he said, thinking he one upped me. I smirked.

“Deep-fried Oreos, Sehun just apologised on behalf of me,” I clasped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter