M3 - Final

A Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Finally, the time for the M2 to graduate and hello M3! Victoria has grown prettier day by day, and now she is one of the prettiest at the school. But she still being a close friend with the three others.They still together and always doing everything together.

It was Valentine's Day

And for the first time of Victoria's life, she got a lot of chocolates from boys. Even though a lot chocolates were surrounding her, she still felt sick. She only needs one from Nichkhun. Even if it's not a chocolate, she would be a lot better if he gives her something.

At the front of the class, Krystal, Luna, and Sulli are picking the chocolates from Victoria's fanboys and asked whether they could eat it. Victoria, sitting at the desk near the window, replied lifelessly, "Eat it..."

Krystal was helping by looking outside the class and she shouted, "Vic, he's here! He's here!"

Victoria quickly got up and run to the door.

"Go out!" They, her friends, cheered for her as she walked shyly to meet Nichkhun.

Nichkhun smiling widely, with a flower-like a small tree-and stopped right in front of her. "This is for you.." He said, and Victoria smiled happily. "From my friends..." He said and she frowned.

She felt lifeless again as she turned around and walked to the class sadly.

 

One day, she got a letter from someone.

Meet me at the third floor stairs, tomorrow - X

Victoria smiled and hoping that it would be Nichkhun. Well, dreaming is never wrong, right? And so the next day she go to the third floor and wait for "the person".

A face of hope crept on her face as she saw Nichkhun is going up on the stairs while looking at her. He saw her and she saw him. The hope in her heart increased in every step he took. As he reached the last stair, he waved his hand. But suddenly Top showed up and stood in front of her.

"I know you will come," He said confidently.

Victoria schocked and stuttered, "T-the l-letter was f-from T-top-ssi?"

"Yes," He smiled.

"Isn't this from Nichkhun-ssi? Nichkhun-ssi wants to say something to me, right?" She asked, hoping Top was joking. She looked over Top's shoulder, straight to Nichkhun.

Nichkhun, smiling and said, "I was just wondering why are you standing alone, so I wanted to ask what were you doing. Turns out you are waiting for Top."

Victoria felt a spang in her heart. It was tore and ripped away. She felt like tears are in the edge of her eyes.

I was waiting for you, babo-ya! She shouted in her heart.

Nichkhun walked away and left her with Top.

"So... do you want to be my girlfriend?"

 

"What do you reply him?!" The girls surrounded Victoria, who just telling them the short scene she had after school.

"I didn't reply him." Victoria said.

"What did he say, then?"

Victoria shrugged.

 

The next days, Victoria is walking with book in her hand.

Top spotted Victoria and stop his motorcycle and called her. "Vic-ssi! Let me take you!"

Victoria shook her head.

"Let's watch Khun playing soccer."

Victoria quickly get on the motorcycle as she heard Nichkhun's name.

 

The soccer game was entertaining, but Victoria's eyes fixed on Nichkhun.

"Do you want drink?" Top asked, giving a waterbottle.

Victoria slightly smiled.

The game is having a break and Nichkhun run to Top.

"Give me water." He said.

"No more." Top said.

As Nichkhun about to walked away, Victoria stopped him by handing him the watterbottle Top gave her. "Here, Khun-ssi."

Nichkhun smiled. "Thank you."

 

Day by day passed, and it soon is next week and everybody have been thinking that Top and Victoria are an item.

Victoria is waiting for Top because he said he want to look for a book. Nichkhun showed up at the swimming pool where she is waiting Top.

"Hi." He greeted and she replied the same. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm waiting for Top."

"I see." He said, sitting beside her.

It was an awkward silence since none of them are having a topic.

"Hmm.." She sighed.

"My dad..." Nichkhun started and Victoria turned her head to look at his expression. "...was thinking of my mom who was giving birth to me when he kick the penalty goal."

Victoria understood now why his dad couldn't kick the penalty goal, but her mind didn't understand why he told her that.

"People always mocking me and I felt bad for my dad.."

Victoria didn't say anything but gazing at him. People told her that her eyes have always giving people the meaning of her heart.

He turned around to her and they gazed at each other.

None words were spoken, yet the two seems looking for the same things.

"Vic-ssi!" Top's voice echoed at the swimming pool.

Victoria and Nichkhun darted their gaze and quickly settled down.

"I couldn't find the book I was looking for. Can you help me?" He asked.

She hesitantly stood up and walked away from Nichkhun while stealthily glancing to Nichkhun.

"Bye, Khun," Top said as he walked with Victoria.

 

"Which cake do you want, Luna?" Krystal asked.

It was Luna's birthday and they were inside the cake shop, except Victoria.

"Is Vic coming?" Sulli asked.

"Give me the white and chocolate cream one," Luna pointed the cake she wanted to the cake-seller. "It's Victoria favorite." She mumbled to herself.

Krystal is calling Victoria.

"Hello?" Krystal said.

"Yes?" Victoria replied.

"Are you coming? Luna is picking the cake."

"I'm so sorry." Victoria hesitantly answered. "I was going out with Top's friend to the forest." She replied, feeling so sorry.

"Oh, okay." Krystal replied before hanging up.

"Where is she?" Luna asked.

"She's not coming." Krystal replied, not knowing how disappointed Luna was.

"Why?"

"She went out with Top and his friends."

Luna get angry and decided to make a wall between them and Victoria.

 

Victoria walked alone at the long bridge and stopped in the middle when she spotted Nichkhun taking photos. Landscape photos.

He felt someone was looking and turned his head. He smiled to her, making her smiled back.

Few minutes later, Victoria found herself sitting side by side with Nichkhun, looking at the beautiful landscape.

"Hmm...Vic-ssi,"

"Yes?"

"Do you know story about squids?"

Victoria shook her head.

"Well, there was a story about a squid that fall in love with a squid and they get married." He started. "They hold hands, and it was..." He talked nonsense, making Victoria stopped him.

"Khun-ssi!"

"Vic!" Top's voice echoes and both of them turned to look at Top, who is running towards them. "I just made grilled this squid. Do you want to eat it? I specially grill it for you."

Victoria glanced at Nichkhun and both of them laughed.

"Hmm, what's so funny?" Top asked, totally clueless.

"Nothing." Both of you answered.

"Well, if you guys don't want to eat, than I shall eat it."

"Don't!" They screamed but he had bitten the squilds.

 

"Khun, answer me honestly." Top said seriously to Nichkhun. "You don't have feelings for Vic, right?"

"Of course not," He replied carefully.

"Good-"

"OW!" Victoria shouted after tripped.

The two boys run to him and helped her.

"Get on my back," Top ordered and Nichkhun help Victoria get on Top's back.

"Let me bring this." Nichkhun offered, taking Victoria's bag.

As she was being carried by Top, her mind still fleeing to Nichkhun.

Buttons... do you know? Nichkhun is carrying my bag!

She silently smiled.

 

The night came and all of them are having camp-fire. 

Nichkhun is preparing the food and Victoria is helping him.

As she reached out her hand to take the knife, her hands touched his.

It was moment of happiness for her, yet she knew she can't say she like him... for now.

After eating, all of them gathered around the fire.

"And that's my story." A guy called Lay said and he sat.

"Now is my turn!" Top said, standing up. "I was at fifth grade when I liked a girl. Nichkhun and I liked the same girl and both of us determind to be with the girl. So we decided to make her pick who she was liked to be with to the school party. And the girl pick me."

"But Top was having chicken-pox so I have to go..." Nichkhun continued.

"Then Nichkhun, being my best friend, decided not to go... for me. So at last we decided not to fall for the same girl."

Victoria, who has been smiling all the time, has to crack the smile because the last sentence Top said.

Top and Nichkhun were dancing their own-made dances and Top pulled Victoria up to follow them.

She forced herself to follow the dances and having fun... until Top's lips pressed against her cheek.

She froze at the moment and want to be alone at the time. The kiss was only a peck, but she hates it.

 

Top brought her home with his motorcycle.

She has been gloomy ever since the kiss, and not talk to him at all. She get off from the motorcycle and walked to her house.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." Top said.

She stopped and said heartlessly, "You don't need to pick me up." She turned to him with cold eyes.

"Why? Do you have thing to do tomorrow?" He asked cluelessly.

"No, I mean, you don't need to pick me up ever again."

"Are you mad because I kiss you?"

"Yes!" She glared at him.

"But I'm your boyfriend, aren't I?"

"I never answer you." She replied coldly.

"So what are all this time we being together?"

She shrugged and left him alone.

 

"Promise me you won't like Victoria." Top said to Nichkhun.

"Were you saying the reason she break up with you is because of me?"

"Promise me,"

"You know that I-"

"Promise me!" He demanded.

"I promise." Nichkhun sighed.

 

Graduation came and Victoria determinded to confess to Nichkhun, because she got the first rank at school, and she will leave to America soon.

After looking at him taking photos with his friends, Victoria and the three best friends followed him to the school's swimming pool.The single gate was making a small voice and Nichkhun turned around, found Victoria walking towards him. He smiled and took her photos. It was graduation for him, so... he takes a lot of photos.

"Hi, Vic."

Victoria just smiled because she was too nervous. Inhaling deeply, she took out a single flower she hid behind her back. He took the flower and his face went undescribeable. "Hi. I... this past years I have been changing my looks, studying harder, and everything to get your attention to me because I like you. But after everything.. I realized that what I should do from the first time is that telling you that I...." She inhaled once last time before continuing, "...I love you." She smiled in relieved after letting all out. Three years she has been keeping it alone, now she has let it al out.. for once. As she smiled shyly, her eyes caught a sentence on his pocket.

Yuri loves Nichkhun.

She quietly looked up to look at him.

"I'm sorry." Is all he could say.

"A-are you... with Yu-Yuri-ssi?"

"We dated for a week already." Nichkhun said sadly.

Victoria forced a smile. "Congratulation." She said, turning around, yet she fall to the water.

"A-are you okay, Vic-ssi?" Nichkhun quickly bend down.

"I-I'm fine!" She lied as she get up on the dried floor and get up on her feet to walked out from the scene, crying.

 

He got home and found his dad talking with some people.

"Khun, this is the coach and my teammate." He said. "You're going to Seoul with them."

"Really?!"

"Yes. You're playing on the national team!"

"Yes!" He shouted happily.

He went to his room and slowly sit on his chair. His hand reached out for a book and his gaze slowly softened and sad.

As he opened the book, Victoria's pictures were glued on the first page, second page, and all the page in the book.

It was all her pictures and every pages he had written out sentences.

The book that she had with her when she was practicing Snow White's. He still remembered the way she walked out from the backstage with her legs being dragged. He smiled.

I see how much you tried - Written below the books picture.

The plants grow day by day - Written below the flowe he gave her for valentine's day. From seed to a plant.

I want to say 'I love you' but Top has step ahead from me... - Written after he saw the scene Victoria's waiting for Top.

I want to be the one who carried you on my back... - Written below the photo Victoria was carried on the bridge.

Silently, he felt tears streaming down on his face. If he wasn't such a coward...

He regret for being a coward.

He regret for not confessing first.

All because he afraid she doesn't love her back.

 

Victoria is in her room, crying silently by hugging her knees.

It felt so hurt seeing him with another girl.

 

Little did she know, he dropped by her house to put the diary back on her front house and leave to Seoul at the night.

 

9 YEARS LATER

"Shh." Nichkhun comforted the baby girl he has been carrying. He stopped his motorcycle and get off from the motorcycle.

"Yuri!" He called.

"Khun!" Yuri excused herself from talking with the clients, because she has to carry her baby.

"Here she is." Nichkhun gives the baby to Yuri's embrace.

"If Minho is like you, I would've been much more a happier wife." She praised and complained at the same time.

Nichkhun chuckles and bid farewell.

 

The set was preparing everything and the audience were so many.

"Okay, start recording!" The staff said and run out from the stage.

"Good afternoon everyone," The MC greeted and smiled happily to the camera. "Today, at the Fashion Weekly, we have Victoria Song! Give an applause everyone!"

Victoria smiled to the camera and guests."Thank you," She said.

"Victoria-ssi, you career are amazingly great and your fashion taste! Korea are very proud of you, being a career woman and get your names in the weekly United States magazine, stating that you are one of the best fashionista." Then the MC hesitantly asked, "We...hmm, sorry to ask this... but, we heard that you are a bug when you were in the middle school."

Victoria didn't seem surprised as she has to. She has prepared to answer the question. "Yes, I were."

"What makes you changes?"

"..." She smiled before answering, "Love."

After a ten minutes or more, the MC suddenly said, "One of your friend comes and said that he need to give you something important. Let's welcome Mr. Nichkhun Horvejkul!"

Startled, Victoria quickly stands up and looks at the man. The man she misses so much.

"Please sit."

Both of them sit at the same couch.

"Mr. Horvejkul was one of our best soccer player, but he resigned and now are known as one of the professional photographer." The MC smiled widely, "What is it that you want to give to Ms. Song?"

Nichkhun handed flowers and the diary. "I want to ask you..."

Victoria waited with eyes gleaming.

"...are you married?"

She shook her head.

 

Bonus Chapter for those who aren't satisfied with the ending. (I myself isn't satisfied with ending either).

"Hi." They met after the recording.

"Hi," Victoria greeted back.

"Can I take you for dinner?"

"Now?"

"Tomorrow." Nichkhun said. "Give me your number, I'll text you the time."

They exchanged phone number.

 

The next day, afternoon to be exact.

She looked through her closet, looking for a right dress. Her choice fall for a simple dress coloured turquoise, and not tight at all.

After taking a bath and wore the dress, she combed her hair neatly, and meet up with him.

 

"The dinner is great, thank you." Victoria smiled.

"You have not eaten the dessert yet." He beamed.

"I'm full, thank you."

"Just take a scoop of ice-cream, I promise." He said.

She sighed and giving up. She takes a scoop of ice-cream and felt it melt on her tounge. There's something weird. Something is not melting! She looked at him with guessing eyes. It was a ring.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked.

She didn't reply, keep staring at him.

"I've been waiting for twelve years to tell you. Sorry for being a coward at first." He said it out of his heart.

She felt tears dropped on her hand.

"What's your answer? Why are you crying?"

"Yes," She mumbled.

"Hah?" Nichkhun walked to her.

"Yes," She mumbled again.

"I'm sorry?"

"I SAID YES, BABO!" She shouted and looked away of embarrassment.