Four

Words Left Unspoken

A/N: These are still flashbacks hence, the Italicization:) 

"hyung, hyung, hyuuuuung! Jaebumie~~~”

Jackson and Jaebum are at the living room playing some Playstation games. Okay, more like Jaebum seriously playing alone while back hugging Jackson on the living room floor. They’re taking the chance to spend the time alone with each other while the other boys are out to buy their dinner. Jackson is sulky and trying to distract Jaebum wanting the attention of his hyung but Jaebum was too focused with the game.

Jackson not happy at all that he didn’t get the attention he wanted, he shifted from his seat removing Jaebum’s hands around him and tried to face Jaebum. 

“Baby, Can you stay still? I’m trying to finish this level”

Jackson just ignored him and climbed to Jaebum’s lap, hugging him with his legs curled on either side of Jaebum’s body and buried his face on the older’s neck. He’s like a koala clinging and Jaebum didn’t mind it at all, the older rested his chin on Jackson’s shoulder, equally hugging Jackson tightly and continued playing. After a few minutes, Jackson let out a long sigh which made Jaebum put down the Playstation controller totally uninterested now with the game and forced Jackson to look at him. Jaebum cupped Jackson’s face, kissed him in the forehead and asked, 

“What’s wrong? Is something bothering you, Seun-ah?”

Jackson just pouted while looking at Jaebum’s worried face. How did he get so lucky? It was just a hopeless crush way back. God, he loves the man so much. He just keeps on falling more and more each day with him. 

“I’m sorry” 

“What are you saying sorry for, Jackson?” Jaebum clearly confused at this point, his brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry if we always settle for a setup like this. Sorry if we can’t go out like normal boyfriends-girlfriends do. You don’t deserve this, Jaebeomie. You deserve so much more” 

It has been months since Jaebum made the confession song for him and they decided to give it a chance. They haven’t told anyone yet, not even the other 5 boys. They’re just taking precautions since this kind of relationship isn’t really accepted by the people in Korea, Especially that they haven’t debuted yet. As much as they love being with each other, they still wanted to be an Idol. 

Jaebum clearly not happy with what Jackson said, he held Jackson’s waist and pulled him closer.

”Baby, I don’t want those boyfriend-girlfriends do. I only want you and nobody else. I don’t want to go on dates if it’s not with you. I’m contented having you here in my arms, this is the perfect setup for me. Please don’t think so low of yourself, babe. If there’s someone to say sorry, it’s me. I can’t take you out to cute park dates, I can’t hold your hands and hug you out in public when that’s what all I want to do if we’re next to each other. You’re the one who’s keeping me sane, Jackson. Bear with me and let’s make this work? I love you. I’m happy you’ve given us a chance.”

Jackson couldn’t help but to shed tears. What did he do in his past life to deserve Jaebum in this lifetime? Jaebum wiped off the tears on Jackson cheeks and kissed the younger, tender and slow making Jackson feel like he’s all that matters. Jackson smiled through their kiss and broke it off bringing their foreheads together “I love you, Jaebum. I’m in it for the long haul, please don’t get tired of me”

“Never gonna happen. I love you so much more”

“It’s about damn time! Not afraid anymore?” Mark said out of nowhere.  Jackson and Jaebum both stumbled from their position as they saw the other boys.

Both immediately stood up, shock evident on their face. They didn’t notice that they were back already. The boys saw both of them like koalas clinging to each other and at that very moment, they just wanted the ground to eat them up to save them from the embarrassment and judgement.

Yugyeom and Bambam put the takeout food on the living room table and sat down comfortably in the sofa like it’s no big deal. The other boys started to walk towards them to take a seat too, they’re always eating at the living room because it’s more convenient for them. Jackson and Jaebum is still at lost for words and didn’t know how to react.

“What’s with those faces? You both really think you can hide it to us? Maybe you can to other people but not with us. We already know it long time ago” Jinyoung said nonchalantly while preparing the food. Both Jackson and Jaebum look so lost and Youngjae can’t help but laugh out loud.

“Hyung, it’s okay. We know about what’s going on between you. Maybe even before the both of you realized that you liked each other. We we’re just waiting for you to tell us and don’t worry we’re so happy for the both of you” Yugyeom added to Jinyoung’s statement. At this point, Jackson and Jaebum giggled and urged the boys to do a group hug. Both of them felt nice that no matter what happen, their best friends got their backs. Jaebeom side hugged Jackson and held his hand while Jackson rested his head on the older’s shoulder, his worries slowly vanishing away replaced by contentment and assurance.

 

~~~~

Restless fingers tapping on the seats and occasional sighs are the only sound that can be heard in the waiting room. All trainees are gonna be evaluated today after more or less 2 years of voice lessons, dance practice and countless of performances for the higher-ups. To say everyone is nervous is an understatement, especially the GOT7 boys. The staff decided that the order of the announcement would be according to their dorm assignments and with their luck, they were the last in line. 

It’s the second to the last group until their turn. There were already trainees who went out of the meeting room crying tears of joy because finally, their life long dream is finally coming true! But there were also trainees crying because they did not make it. The 7 boys were beyond nervous already, they weren’t even able to talked or comfort their co-trainees ahead of them. They were all sitting side by side, comforting themselves with silence and holding each others hands.

“Mark, JB, Jackson, Jinyoung, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom, Please come inside the meeting room” 

The boys immediately stood up and went inside the room. There were 5 important people in the agency inside the room, 3 people who are part of the board of directors, the head of the managers of the artists and the owner and CEO itself, JYP. 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” The boys bowed and said in chorus.

“Take your seats boys” JYP said with an intimidating smile.

When the boys settled, one of the board member wasted no time and spoke “We had heard and received a lot of positive feedbacks for all 7 of you. Out of all the trainees you guys were the most in demand and most popular”

“It seems like after the showcase, the general public took interest to your group specifically and fanbases were made right after even if there’s no certainty of your debut” the other board member added.

“I know you guys are ready to hear the news but take a deep breath first. You all look like your blood is drained from your body” JYP said trying to calm the boys.

Jackson released the breath he didn’t knew he was holding in. All kinds of scenarios were already running through his head. He didn’t want to go back to hongkong empty handed, he didn’t want to disappoint his parents who were nothing but supportive to him. As he was lost in his thoughts, he felt a comforting squeeze in his thigh. He looked to the owner of the hand and there was Jaebum, smiling to Jackson like telling him that everything’s gonna be okay. 

“Are you guys ready?” They were interrupted by the sound of JYP’s voice. Jaebum then took Jackson’s hand and intertwined their fingers, his thumb rubbing circles trying to ease Jackson.

“Congratulations! All of you are gonna debut and become Idols!” JYP happily said. The boys were dumbfounded and tears just spilled right out of their eyes. They hugged each other like there’s no tomorrow. They made it! 

“Okay, okay, calm down boys. Settle down. Mr. JYP isn’t finished yet.”

All of them immediately bowed and took a seat. JYP just laughed at them, amused of their genuine reactions.

“Congratulations again! We are very aware that a lot wanted you guys to be in a group. But unfortunately that’s not the case”

The boys looked at each other confused, unable to react of what they heard. 

“There will be a 4 member group, a duo and a solo artist. The 4 member group will be called JUS4 consisting Yugyeom, Mark, Youngjae and Bambam. The Duo will be called JJP consisting of Jaebum and Jinyoung and lastly the solo artist will be Jackson”

Upon hearing their CEO, Jaebum tightened his hold on Jackson’s hand. Jackson can’t comprehend it completely. He is thankful and happy that he’s gonna debut, but why is it that he’s the only solo in the group?

“You must be confused on why did we came in to this decision. Let me explain it to you” JYP clearly seeing the boy’s reactions who became silent and shocked.

“This group is gonna be the first group who’s gonna debut out of all the trainees. You guys will immediately debut next year. All year round, the focus will only be for the 7 of you. JUS4 will gonna be the first to debut on January, then JJP on February and lastly Jackson on march. After this you’ll simultaneously promote throughout the year. This a new strategy for you guys which has 99.9% chance success.”

“Jackson, do you have any questions about this or any violent reactions?”

Jackson is still trying to digest everything, after a minute of silence he asked “Why is it sir that I am the only solo act? I am truly honored but I’m also curious sir on how come did you decide with the members.”

JYP smiled, clearly adoring Jackson with his smart question “To be honest, all of you are the top trainees. You occupied the 1st to the 7th standings which surprised us since this is the first time to happen. We have decided to put Jinyoung and Jaebum together since they have already worked with a few small CFs and projects from the past, the JUS4 since they perfectly fit with the proposed theme of the group.” JYP explained thoroughly.

Jaebum is still trying to ease Jackson while their hand are intertwined and as well as Jackson gripping his hand tightly. Jackson is still focused on JYP though, still waiting for his question to be answered.

“We chose you as the solo because out of all the trainees, YOU ranked first. You haven’t even debuted yet but you already have over 10 fanpages and numerous fans. We haven’t had this for a long time so we are trying to take this opportunity. You are one of a kind Jackson. And you’re gonna have your own label, this may be overwhelming but we have our outmost trust in you. You will still be under JYP ent. but you’re gonna have your own label, a sub-label from JYP ent. and you have the privilege to name it” 

“Daebak” Bambam and Yugyeom unconsciously said together. Even the other boys are surprised and amazed. They don’t feel jealous at all though, Jackson deserved all of it. Out of all of them they clearly admit that Jackson worked 5x harder, always trying to prove himself whenever he got the chance. 

Jaebum can’t seem to contain his happiness for Jackson anymore and hugged him tightly. The other boys immediately joined them which resulted into a group hug. They are beyond happy they have achieved this together. After the hug, they bowed and give their endless thankyou’s to their bosses.

“You all deserve it. I can consider you all the golden batch of trainees. Congratulations, all of you now are officially artists under JYP entertainment.