Three

Words Left Unspoken

Note: These are flashbacks, hence, the italicization:)
 

All the trainees under JYP agency are being dormed into groups of 7. The said agency wanted to keep the trainees in reach anytime and to ensure quality training before debuting, if they ever will. It is a policy set by them; regardless of whose gonna debut with who in the future. They are temporarily shuffled until they’re set to debut and every dorm has its in charged trainee or some kind of a leader to keep each other in check.

One of the lucky trainees accepted in JYP is Jackson Wang. He is the passionate boy from Hongkong who pursued his love for music and performing and lucky for him, his parents are pretty supportive of his dream which made him travel all the way to Korea to be a trainee.  

 So now, Jackson is standing in front of their supposedly dorm, reading again the piece of paper given to him by one of the staff in JYP. He was told that his other 6 dormmates are already there. After making sure that he went into the correct floor and apartment, he knocked on the door nervously. A cute skinny boy opened the door for him, his hair are styled up and there’s a dyed portion in front of his hair.  

“Hi! Are you Jackson? Come in. I’m Bambam! I heard you’re from Hongkong? I’m from overseas too, I’m Thai bro!”  the boy said to him enthusiastically and hugged him when Jackson closed the door. This boy is surely loud.

“Hello! Nice to meet you, Bambam!” Jackson replied happily and fistbumped him.  

Their other dormmates must have heard Bambam and went to check what’s going on. Jackson saw his other dormmates and introduced himself.  

 “Hello Everyone! I’m Jackson Wang. I’m from hongkong. I’m excited to be living with you guys and I hope we’ll get along well.”

“Hi, Hello” Everyone chorused.

“Hi, I’m Jinyoung” He showed his infamous eye smile and hugged Jackson.  

“I’m Mark, I’m a foreigner too. I’m from LA”

“Oh that’s nice! What’s up bro!” Jackson replied in english and bro hugged him.  

“Yugyeom here and I like Iced Choco” Yugyeom also said in English and everyone laughed with his cute antics.

“I’m Youngjae!” He said loudly and high-fived Jackson.  

“Hello Jackson, I’m Jaebeom. I’m in charge of this small group of ours.” The last boy said with just a small nod towards him and a timid smile.  

Ohhh, So Chic and holy hell, Jackson may have laid his eyes to the most beautiful and alluring person he have seen in his whole damn life right now.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Point and Jump and Footwork!!! Sway to the left and right and Swipe Kick and BAAAAAM!”  

Jackson is sweating like crazy right now. He feels like all parts of his body are energized and pumped with the dance they have been practicing. It’s for the upcoming showcase for the general public. Yes, even if they’re still trainees they are already shown to the public, in that way they can already gain and establish fans pre-debut and anticipate for their official debut.  

They were given the freedom to perform with whoever they like. So Jackson and his other 6 dormmates; Bambam, Jinyoung, Mark, Youngjae, Yugyeom and JB decided to team up since it’s easier to plan and communicate for practices. Even for just a few months of being together they have already a group name or more like a brotherhood name, GOT7. This was made from one of their fun bondings at the dorm, deciding that since they’ve become close and promising to have each other’s back hence the GOT7.  

“10 minutes water break and we’ll practice with the song” JB said breathlessly.  

Jackson can’t help but stare as Jaebum wiped the sweat off his face and neck. Okay, he’ll admit he is really one fine man and he’s got a little crush on JB but that’s just that. They have grown close through the months and maybe more than the other boys. He was also the one who coined the name JB for him, saying that he wanted to be unique. Also, sometimes he just can’t get his together with him especially when Jackson is a big fan of skinship and JB lets him at times, knowing that the other man is kind of reserved and has always his guards up.

“Hey, for your thirst and hunger” Mark playfully tapped Jackson cheek with the water bottle and a snack to purposely distract him from staring Jaebum like a creep. 

“Shut up. But thanks, Mark Hyung” Jackson playfully punched Mark at the arm and power hugged him after, not knowing that Jaebum was intensely looking right back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a year and a half since Jackson and the boys have been training and living together. It has also been 3 months since the Showcase. It was a massive success and a lot of people showed support and became their fans, saying that all seven of them should debut together. JYP was glad with all the positive reaction of the general public. This is a good sign for them.

Multiple dance practices and singing lessons done together, even giving critics and opinion on each other for improvements. They surely have made a great friendship and strong bond to the point of wanting to debut together. But they didn’t dwell with the idea and reminded everything is indefinite and change is inevitable.

Right now is one of the rare days that they’re free of the daily training so Jackson is making the most out of it by lazing around the dorm. It was already around sunset and he’s alone since everyone went out earlier and he opted to stay at home. Jackson was folding his clothes when he was startled by the loud opening of the door, he hurriedly went to check who it was.

It was Jaebum, his aura was gloomy and his eyes look like he could cry any time soon. When Jaebum saw Jackson he immediately tried to put on a neutral face, he didn’t expect that someone was home already.

“Oh you went home early, Jackson?” Jaebum tried to smile widely and asked Jackson. Even though Jaebum seems elusive and closed off especially to strangers, He can’t fool Jackson because of all people, Jackson can see right through his guarded walls.  

Jackson didn’t respond and grabbed Jaebum’s wrist instead and brought him towards his own room. Jaebum didn’t resist and let Jackson take him. Jackson made jaebum sat on his bed and remained standing while looking at him. Jaebum is still trying to act nonchalant, not until Jackson spoke up.

“Jaebum Hyung, you can’t fool me. What is it that’s bothering you? If you don’t want to talk about it, that’s fine. Seunie is just always here for you remember?”  

And as if on cue, Jaebum’s tears fell out from his eyes and he slowly wrapped his arms around Jackson’s waist pulling him closer and buried his crying face on Jackson’s stomach. Jackson felt his heart clenched seeing Jaebum like this. He sat down on the bed and let Jaebum lie on his lap, Jaebum still has his face buried on Jackson’s stomach, now his shirt drenched from Jaebum’s tears. He ran his hands through Jaebum’s hair trying to soothe him. Eventually, Jaebum fell asleep from crying too much. Jackson changed their positions and laid down, letting Jaebum’s head lay on his chest and he put his arms around Jaebum reassuringly. If he could take away Jaebum’s pain at that moment, he definitely would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably half a year left until they know if they’re going to debut into a group, a duo, solo or worse still remain as a trainee. The boys are making the most out of their time with each other, not knowing what the future holds for them.  

One of their bonding activities are making songs and sharing it to the group. It greatly shows their diversity and styles with Music.

Jackson had also fair shares of music compositions, he always asks for opinions and advices from the other boys on how or what to add or not. But his go-to person is Jaebum. He just has this genius mind when It comes to music production and he always enjoy Jaebum’s commentaries and praises.  

Same as well for Jaebum, when he has new songs it would always be Jackson who has the luxury to listen first before anyone else. Not really all the time, but almost. So speaking of which, He’s in the mini studio at JYP right now with Jaebum. He texted Jackson if he can drop by cause he wanted to let him hear the new song he made.

Jackson was just watching Jaebum and admiring him while getting the equipments ready. He noticed that Jaebum is a lot more clumsy today and looks like a lil’ nervous. Maybe Jaebum Hyung had several cups of coffee today? Cute.

“Uh, hey, Seun-ah?”

“Yo Hyung. You done? What’s this song about? Calm down its just me” Jackson said while giggling when Jaebum almost spilled his coffee while fumbling with the buttons.

“Are you ready? Please listen carefully, Jackson.” Jaebum said while looking straight into Jacskon’s Eyes. There’s something Jackson can’t pinpoint with what Jaebum is acting right now but he got distracted when the song started.  

“When I hug you
I become relaxed
It feels like I’m hugging the universe
Everything feels like a dream  

That you are next to me breathing
Make me drunk by your breath
Embrace me with your scent
Even if the world collapses

I want to hug you
Because you are the only one that makes me breathe  

I won’t let you go
Take me to your embrace
I won’t let you go
If it’s for you, I do everything

My forever sunrise
Sunshine above my head
An angel for me
Hold my hand and leave

If I’m together with you it’s alright
To me everything, it’s alright it’s alright
An angel for me
Hold my hand and leave

 I won’t let you go
Your heart to me
I won’t let you go
I want to fall in it...” 

Jackson’s heart is beating so fast right now. He is stoned in his seat trying to digest everything he heard. The song was so soulful like he can feel the emotions Jaebum bared in the song. His mind is in shambles right now. Is this really happening? Is this really what he think this is? 

Jaebum on the other hand can’t keep still in his seat. He’s looking at Jackson’s reaction and he can’t decipher Jackson’s face. He shouldn’t let Jackson hear this song, he should’ve chosen other songs, he should’ve not called Jackson, these were the thoughts running through his mind. Was it to soon? Did I read the signals and the situation wrong? Jaebum can’t seem to think straight either at the moment.  

“Jackson/Jaebum” Both of them said at the same time. They looked each other intensely in the eyes. Jaebum looked at Jackson’s lips and slowly inched closer to him, their nose touching not directly going for his lips. He’s giving Jackson his way out if he entirely read the situation wrong, but then Jackson closed his eyes shut and leaned to Jaebum’s lips and going in for the kiss.  

Both of them felt like in cloud nine. Is this really happening? Am I dreaming? Can no one wake me up from this wonderful dream? These were the thoughts running in their minds.

As Jaebum was about to deepen the kiss, they heard the door knob turn. Both of them jumped away from each other instantly, their chest heaving.  

“Yooooo what’s up my hyungs! Wait why do your faces look like you’ve seen ghosts?” Bambam and Yugyeom barged in the studio while looking at Jackson and Jaebum’s bewildered faces and both hearts beating so fast they wonder if the young ones can hear it. So it’s real, huh?

 

Author's Note: 3 comments and I'll post the next update! Let me know your thoughts :)