40.

The Broken

Minzy slipped out of the mansion after she was sure that Jennie was sound asleep. Standing in the front of the mansion, she wasn't surprised by the lycans that had gathered before her. She knew they were awaiting her to hear some speech that she wasn't really wanting to give. Looking at the handful of them, she held her hands out, "I have not returned as your Queen, but I have returned because my family calls me back." Going quiet for a moment, she shrugged, "I understand if you all hate me and I know I deserve it for selfishly leaving you all to fend for yourselves. But don't let that hate stop you from living. Let me take that hate and seek revenge on those who are responsible for this mess. It is the sole reason that I request you all to care for the family that I have left until I finish this task and be out of your hair once and for all." 

Descending down the steps, the group moved out of the way as she went springing forward and shifting into her wolf form. Stretching her legs she went racing out of the city as she sought of the destination of where the fight had broke out, on the Crimson Crawler pack lands. Running with her strong wolf legs, she was very impressed how in shape Amethyst was. She had allowed Amethyst to live out her life fully on animal instinct as she wallowed in the depths of the dark corners of her mind.

Smoothly racing through the dessert lands, she was able to take long strong strides. It was like she was almost able to fly. Sadly I didn't develop wings to fly, Amethyst teased as Minzy took in her surroundings. Slowing her pace as her senses picked up on some kind of activity, unsure of what it was, she moved cautiously. Trodding slower to be aware of what she could smell was a group of lycans. Somewhat relieved, she still moved with carefully just in case these lycans were looking for a fight. 

It seemed that the group of lycans were aware of her approaching as they quietly watched with weary eyes. Soon a golden haired lycan stepped forward with dark eyes as if baring its fangs to test the waters with her. Stopping at a safe distance, Minzy slightly bowed, "I'm just passing through. I need to..." 

"Healer," the golden haired lycan tilted its head to the side. "Healer is that you? It's...It's Beta Amber," the golden haired lycan said in disbelief. 

"Beta Amber," Minzy breathed. "Why are you here? What is going on?" 

A large wolf in stature moved forwad, "Queen and Healer please come seek refuge in our camp as we explain what we are doing." 

Minzy glanced at the wolf and felt a familiar feeling towards him, "Alpha Junsu?" 

He bowed, "Yes, maybe you should have taken me up on my offer."

Minzy chuckled as she walked up to the two. Staring at Alpha Junsu, he seemed to have bulked up, "I shoud have." 

"Come this way," Beta Amber spoke up as the seas of lycans moved out of the way. 

Minzy was surpised to find that the lycans all appeared to be mixed together. They weren't grouped up according to their packs, but instead stood as a whole. It was empowering to say the least, if not for the circumstances that they found themselves in. Entering a tent, there were various lycans standing around a large table. One in particular caught her eye. "Alpha Siwon...Alpha Bi Rain," she breathed as she looked around to see leaders of the different packs. Grinning, she was blind sided by arms that wrapped around her. Turning to the lycan embracing her, she was trembling as she realized it was Yura. "Yura," Minzy cried as she fell further into her motherly embrace. 

"Out," Alpha Siwon told the lower ranked leaders. 

"My baby girl," Yura breathed into her fur. "Where the hell have you been?" 

"Wallowing in my weaknesses," Minzy said so ashamed. 

"Well we don't have time for that right now, but when we reclaim our lands we can work in the garden and talk it out then. As for now Alpha Bi Rain has plans to strike the humans tonight," Yura said. 

Shaking the tears from her watery eyes, Minzy huffed out a sigh of embarassment, "I apologize, but why are you all here?" 

Alpha Bi Rain went quiet as did everyone else in the tent. Moving around the table, he knelt down to come face to face with her, "My Queen when Beta Mir heard of the grave news of your disappearance because of the incompetent..." Alpha Siwon went quiet as he tried to hold back on his choice words. "When Beta Mir heard that you were mistreated he could not idlely stand by. He along with many others came to the borders of the Crimson Crawler packlands to defend your honor. In doing so, he was caught in the attack the humans that took on the Crimson Crawler pack lands. He was killed along with many other of my good men."

The guilt weighed heavy on her shoulders, "I...I'm not worth dying for." 

Alpha Siwon knelt before her and softened his gaze, "My precious Luna gave birth to my healthy baby boy because of you. He's strong and alive. And I've never seen my Luna Tiffany this happy. All this because of you. So yes, you are worth dying for." He went quiet as he sighed, "But that is besides the point now. Right now we are planning an attack to regain leverage on this war. We have to save what is left of our world, at least I have to try for my boy." 

"For all of our kind," Beta Teddy's voice echoed as he entered. "Healer please, help us defend what is left of our world." 

Giving a slight nod as she gazed about the room, she took in all their faces. They looked warn and tired from fighting. But they all stood tall, coming together in a common goal to reclaim the lands not for selfish reasons but for their future. For the future of lycans, Minzy thought as her heart broke a little more for Jennie. "So what is this plan you have in mind," Minzy asked. 

 

Minzy was given clothing so that she could shift back to her human form. Putting on her attire, she instructed Beta Teddy to show her to the medical tent. She wanted to, no she corrected herself, she needed to see it first hand. Approaching the tent, she was saddened by the out pouring of injured lycans of both young and old. Stopping in her tracks, she knelt by a small child that had bandages wrapped around his arm. "The humans have very advanced weapons. The chemicals they douse their weapons with impair our lycan gene ability to heal as quick or even at all for that matter. The child's flesh has all but melted off. They can't seem to find out how to help him heal." 

Minzy knelt by the child and smiled, "Hi there, what's your name?" 

"Jinwoo," he mumbled shyly.

"Jinwoo? That's a nice name. Jinwoo can I see your arm," she asked kindly. 

He shielded his arm away from her, "It hurts and it looks really scary. I don't want you to get scared." 

She grinned as she shook her head, "I promise you won't scare me away. Can I see it please?" 

Slowly, he moved before her and held his arm out. Nodding at him, she slowly began to unravel the bandage, "Jinwoo what pack are you from?" 

"I...I'm ashamed to say. Our leader made a big mess of it all," Jinwoo sheepishly said as Minzy saw the rotting as well as raw flesh of his arm. 

Gently reaching for his arm, she placed her hand upon his arm and saw it all. He had been playing with some neighborhood friends as there was a loud explosion followed by the ground shaking. Looking to where the sound came from, there was a large grayish cloud shooting up into the air and forming a mushroom. He had never seen something like that until the clouds began to drop. Sweeping across the lands, he was flung into a tree and automatically moved his arm to shield his face. Jinwoo howled out in pain as the cloud of gray came swooping in and burning his flesh. It was until he was pulled from the tree and taken to shelter with other lycans from the blast. Minzy bit into the corner of her lip as she began to absorb his pain and fleshy wounds. Trying to distract herself as well as the kid staring at her curiously, she asked about his parents and soon regretted such a question when he told her that he had lost them to the explosion. "You're a strong boy you know that," Minzy grinned as she reached up to pinch his cheek. 

Jinwoo chuckled and stopped when he realized his arm wasn't bugging him any more. Lifting his arm up, his jaw dropped along with others around them to show that his arm was completely healed. "How...how did you do that?" 

"Every strong warrior deserves to be rewarded," she simply said as she stood to her feet and walked into the medical tent. Standing at the foot of the tent, she looked around to see that it was jam packed with injured lycans and medical lycans rushing around to help all the lycans in the chaos. Extending her arms out, she sent out a wave of peace and comfort that caused all the commotion to stop. Soon there was a hushed silence as they all looked in her direction. All that filled the air was her foot steps as she walked further into the tent and took a long look to try and individually gaze at all of them. "My time is very limited here, please send forth the ones that you feel are most important for a recovery. I will try and return as soon as I can for the rest, but for now I can only take a couple." The lycans looked at each other as they all nodded and soon the doctors came forth with the small children in their arms. Taking the closest child in her arms Minzy could feel just how weak she was. One didn't need powers to tell that she was barely holding on. Minzy felt her heart ache for the young girl who was found in the heart of the nuclear blast. She should have died instantly, but she was shielded by both of her parents who used themselves in hopes to save their child. Taking out all the nuclear toxins out of her blood and lungs, Minzy began to tremble as she felt like her insides were being doused in acid. Almost losing conciousness of how much chemicals flooded the small girl's body, she was in awe that the girl still fought to live. The odds were against her and it was being in the arms of her loving parents that kept her going. She had to keep living to make sure that their lives didn't go in vein. Tearfully, Minzy hugged the strong girl in her arms as she wished she could muster that much courage. Pulling away, Minzy tried to release the young girl who in turn jumped into her arms and cried. 

"I...I can breathe! I can breathe," the girl cried as she pulled away and raced over to the doctor who scooped her up in his arms and celebrated such a miracle as he swung her around in his arms. 

There wasn't a dry eye in the tent as Minzy performed miracle after miracle on the children brought before her. When every child was healed, she slowly stood to her feet to look around, "I'm sorry that you all have suffered so much. Please continue to heal and fight for your lives because you deserve so much more than what has come to pass this past year." 

The doctor who had first approached her stood as he moved a fist over his heart, "You have as well dear Queen and Healer. Thank you for finding it in yourself to come back to us." 

"Thank you," all the other medical lycans copied his motion as well as the injuried lycans who lie in their medical cotts. 

"I come with no titles, only the wish to right what I have wronged all of you..." 

"You were wronged," one spoke up in frustration with others mumbling that they agreed. 

"I may have been wronged, but why must you all suffer the consequences? It's not right and I have come to restore what I can of our future, if not for yourselves then for our future lycans," she said as she gazed upon the now healed children. "You will have a future. I will make sure of it." The lycans within the tent roared proudly as they felt a renewed hope arising. Grinning at the children who with their small roars, squealed at the top of their lungs, she turned to make good on that promise. 

Grateful to see Beta Teddy who stood at the foot of the tent with his arm extended out to her, she placed her arm onto his to help keep her balance all the while still trying to look strong for the lycans. Thank you.

It's good to hear your voice again, he grinned as he led her to a tent. Entering the tent, he helped her onto the cott. "Why did you do that? I'm pretty sure you've been out of touch with your healing. Need I remind you the last time you over used your powers it drained you to the point I thought you were going to die!" 

She coughed a laugh as she turned to lay on her side staring at him pace about the tent in a worrisome way, "Chill out, it's fine. I didn't die. Now let me rest a little while before it is time to leave." 

"Fine," he huffed. "I'll go look for some waters of Nivea for you..." he paused as he stiffened. "Healer..." 

Minzy frowned as she felt the presence of lycans nearing the tent, "Let them come." Beta Teddy was unsure if it was such a good idea. She needed her rest for what was to come and the lycans approaching would make sure that was near impossible. But he was still Beta when it came to her and if she wanted them to come he would let them. Stepping to the entrance of the tent, he opened the cloth and slightly nodded for them to enter. Closing the tent behind them, Beta Teddy moved to stand alongside his Healer's bed side as she stayed laying now with her eyes closed. "I apologize for my manners. I am a bit tired. How may I help you gentlemen," she mumbled. 

"Minzy where have you been," Taeyang sighed deeply as he knelt beside her. Careful not to touch the cott, he was fully aware of the daggers that Beta Teddy was shooting his way if he inched any closer. "We have been worried sick about you. Alpha Daesung is..." Commander Taeyang's words were caught in his throat. "Our brother has crossed over to the Other Side," his voice broke. 

Her eyes flashed open as she looked into the sad hazel eyes that looked at her with desperation. Quickly sitting up, she pulled him into her. Embracing him tightly, she glanced at Beta Seungri who stood quietly with a sad demeanor. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry," Minzy breathed as she held Taeyang tighter and felt him tremble in her arms. 

"When our people got word of the disrespect that the worthless leader of the Crimson Crawlers had shown you, Alpha Daesung took up arms to reclaim you back into our pack," Beta Seungri finally spoke up. "Ready to attack, we didn't realize the bigger fight that was knocking on our door when those humans over ran the pack lands slaughtering countless numbers of not only our own but other lycans alike. Alpha Daesung died an honorable death, almost conquering the human leader but dying in the process." 

Still holding onto Minzy, Taeyang pulled away to look her in the eyes, "Please let us leave these lands. We must get away before it is too late." 

She could understand why he wanted to run, but she knew she couldn't as she cupped his face, "My dear brother if that is what you feel is in your best interest I would encourage you to do so. As for me, I must stay and fight. I can't run away any longer. I must face this." 

Taeyang sighed deeply as he leaned his forehead into her lap, "Then it is decided." Moving to stand on his feet, he adjusted himself to stand a little taller, "We will stay and fight until the end." 

Beta Seungri had a look of relief cross his face, "Until the end." 

Minzy grinned at the two, "Alpha Daesung would be proud that you both are going to defend our lands." 

"For our lands and...for family," Taeyang sadly smiled as he bowed before turning to leave with Beta Seungri.