25.

The Broken

Minzy awoke to the soft tapping at her door. "Minzy, you've slept for a few hours. Mom says you should come and eat then you can get more rest." When Minzy didn't respond, Jennie slowly opened the door to peek in. She heard a soft grunt from Minzy at the sudden light from the hallway which made her walk into Minzy's room to place her small hand against Minzy's cheek. She was very warm to the touch as Jennie smiled down at Minzy who slowly opened her eyes. "Minzy come eat," Jennie cooed in her motherly like tone before taking Minzy's hand and nudging her up. 

Meanwhile Minzy yearned to stay in bed a little longer, but the persistence of Jennie soon had her sitting up. "Okay," Minzy mumbled. In her zombie like nature, she let Jennie guide her out of the room and towards the kitchen. Plopping down on a chair, she grunted as she leaned her head upon her hand to hold it up. 

"The dream world must really be inticing to you since you seem to sleep a lot," the familiar deep voice boomed causing her to startle awake. 

Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes and blinked to see Alpha Jiyong sitting across from her, "Wha..what are you doing here?" 

"You asked to meet face to face tonight and here I am," he shrugged.

Glancing around, she looked to the window to see that in fact it was night time, ". I can't believe I slept that long." 

"I think sleep is your actual powers," Alpha Jiyong continue to . "But since you're just waking, maybe you should have something to eat and then we can talk." 

She was about to disagree until her stomach grumbled. Quickly clutching her stomach, she gave him an apologetic grin, "Did you eat?" 

"I did. I must apologize that I could not wait any longer because Bom's cooking is best fresh," he grinned. 

"You've been here for a while," she asked as she ran her fingers through her hair. 

"Not too long, but that's enough about me. You can go ahead and eat. Jennie was going to show me her new room," he said as Jennie was quickly by his side. Chuckling as the enthusiastic girl took his hand, he let her lead him away to leave Minzy alone at the table filled with food. 

Bom appeared and slipped into the chair that Alpha Jiyong was once in, "I'm sorry to have woken you. I just wanted you to eat before it got too cold." 

"No it's fine. You should have woken me sooner to help you make the food or at the very least entertain the guest we have here," Minzy nodded to the direction that Alpha Jiyong and Jennie had gone to. 

He told me not to wake you. It feels like he was stalling, Bom looked her in the eyes. Jennie and I will return back to our old place to retrieve some things. We will be there for a while.

Thank you, though I feel like it won't be too long, Minzy gave her a half grin as Jennie came rushing back with Alpha Jiyong being dragged right behind her. 

"It was a very beautiful room," Alpha Jiyong chuckled. 

"Thanks I'm still working on it. You have to come back and see it when it's finished," Jennie said. 

"I promise I will," he grinned as he bent down and lightly pinched her cheek. 

Bom stood and bowed, "Alpha Jiyong we don't mean to be rude, but Jennie and I are going to head out for a while. Please accompany Minzy for dinner while we are away." Turning her attention to Jennie, she nodded as the young girl smiled up at Alpha Jiyong before waving goodbye. 

Minzy sat quietly as he walked over to take a seat across from her. The both of them quietly to their thoughts until Bom and Jennie were a safe distance away from the house. "I..."

"I..."

The both of them went quiet again as they awaited the other person to speak. Sighing, Minzy shifted her gaze over towards Alpha Jiyong and stared into his starry eyes, "I'm sorry I left when you started to pour your heart out to me. I wasn't expecting it." 

"It seems as though you don't expect much of me," he sadly said. "But I'm sorry that I sprung that on you. It left my mouth before I realized what I had said." 

"So it was by accident," she asked curiously. 

"We are far from an accident. We are the makings of the Gods," he said with a small smile. 

She didn't know if she should laugh or cry at his words as she sat quietly. "Alpha Jiyong..."

"Hmm..." he hummed as he stayed focused on her every movement. 

"I honestly feel obligated to let you mark me after what you've shown me through your sufferings because of me..."

"But..." he interjected knowing that was coming. 

"But," she nodded as she continued to explain herself. "But I feel that your eyes will see the truth of your situation and how you really feel once the mark fades." She watched how he tensed as she kept going, "It is inevitable that it will fade because I will be away and briefly touch base with the packlands. And when it does then we can revisit whatever is being shared between us." 

"And what if I have changed my mind and take you right here right now. Mark you as mine," he challenged her. "What then?" 

"You wouldn't," she challenged him right back. "You've said it yourself, you can't leave the packlands vulnerable. And I won't be able to endure a heat with you because I leave first thing tomorrow to see the Eclipse packlands."

"You've already accepted an invitation from another pack," he sounded irritated.

"The sooner the better for me to get things done and over with," she nodded. 

"You're telling me all this like I don't get a say in what happens," he gritted his teeth. 

He was right, she thought as she nodded, "Alright...what do you think?" 

He tapped his fingers against the table as he pressed his lips tightly together to compose his thoughts, "I want a moment of your time..."

"Okay..." she softly agreed not knowing what he meant by it.

"Every day until my mark fades I want a moment of your time whether you calling me through a mindlink or phone. I will work with whatever time you give me I just want a moment of your time and then by the end of this I want to know your true feelings for me. If you don't love me enough to voice it by then I will never bother you again about mating and baring my mark ever again," he said cooly. Minzy sat thinking on his bargain. His request were simply cut and dry. She knew she could spare him a few minutes a day, but she found it interesting that he would say 'love enough' as though she had given him any hint of there being any love interest. "So what do you say? I will agree to what you ask of me if you agree to what I ask of you."

"Fine," she mumbled as she tore her gaze away from him. She could sense that if she didn't agree he would probably come up with more out-landish ideas. 

"Good, I'll be expecting to hear from you tomorrow," he said as he stood to his feet. "I hope you have safe travels. Alpha Siwon is very becoming fellow. It wouldn't surprise me if he attempts to convince you to stay in his pack."

"Thank you for your warning, but I also have a responsibility to the dessert lycans. I will not dessert them," she said firmly. 

He was grateful she was coming off so strong, when he didn't feel so sure, "Please eat and rest well. You need your health and strength for the coming weeks."

Minzy let out a sigh of relief as she heard the front door open and click close. She had not realized she was holding her breath until she felt Alpha Jiyong's presence fade. Reaching for her chop sticks she took his advice and quietly ate before heading back up to her room to rest.

 

Minzy was grateful that Bom and Jennie had surprised her with a morning breakfast before sending her off. Alpha Jiyong greeted her at her front door and asked if he could be the one to take her to the borders. Minzy accepted the offer as she got into the passenger seat of his car and waved goodbye to both Bom and Jennie. Settling in her seat, her eyes began to drift close as she had struggled to sleep the night before. 

"We're here," Alpha Jiyong spoke up to wake her from her peaceful rest.

"Thanks," she mumbled as she went to unbuckle her seat belt to have him do so.

Curiously staring at him he grinned over at her, "Don't forget our promise." 

Grinning at his choice of words she nodded, "I will contact you when I can." 

"Okay," he nodded relieved by her words as he jumped out to come around and open the door for her. 

Nodding to him, she stepped out to see Beta Amber standing with various soldiers with her. Minzy walked beside Alpha Jiyong towards the border, "Good morning."

"Good morning Queen, I've brought the men you requested to help on the packlands here. They will be at the disposal of Alpha Jiyong until you are returned," Beta Amber bowed as everyone else did so. 

Minzy bowed to greet them, "Perfect I'm ready to go and Alpha Jiyong will assign them where he best sees fit for their help." 

"Our private jet is ready and waiting for us," Beta Amber motioned in the direction of where they would be heading.

Turning to Alpha Jiyong she gave him an encouraging grin before allowing Beta Amber to lead the way. Walking towards the black mercades, she glanced back at Alpha Jiyong who was already assigning the various men to specific tasks. Seeing how focused he was, she did the same as she slid into the car and was driven to the private jet as explained by Beta Amber. Quietly making her way onto the jet behind Beta Amber, she was impressed at all the fancy interior design. "Please take whatever seat is most comfortable. Our flight is ten hours." 

"Alright," Miny picked the nearest seat to her. Grateful for the blanket, she placed a pillow behind her head. Taking the ear plugs she put them on and within seconds faded into the darkness behind her eye lids and fell asleep.

 

Minzy awoke in a majestic large room. Gazing around it was filled with modern furniture of whites and rose gold. She couldn't understand how she made it into the room as she heard a knock at the door. Sitting up, she grinned as Beta Amber walked in with a few maids. "You were sleeping so deeply we didn't want to wake you. But seeing as you haven't eaten since in our care I feel it is best to wake you and get some food in your system. Tomorrow morning we will review our agenda for the next few days." 

"Thank you. I apologize that I had burdened someone with bringing me in," Minzy spoke apologetically.

"It was of no inconvenence, our Alpha said you were as light as a feather and that we should feed you well," Beta Amber notioned for the maids to make way as they scurried around and brought out carts of all types of food into the room. "Please feast the night away for tomorrow we will get to work," Beta Amber grinned as she took her leave. 

Minzy was surprised that she had been brought into this room by the Alpha himself. She had wanted to apologize for such rude manners, but Beta Amber had already taken her leave. "Uh..." Minzy was nervous that the maids stayed before one spoke up on what she would like to eat. "I can serve myself. But if you all would like to join me in eating that would be fine as well." 

"You're our honored guest it would be rude for us to do so," the same maid spoke up. 

"Oh...well I'm afraid I won't eat much. I thank the hands that have prepared this meal and all of you for tentative nature, but if I may be so forward I welcome your company if you all plan to join me in this feast," Minzy politely smiled to them all.

"We understand and will leave you in peace to enjoy the food," the maid said with a deep bow before turning to have the others follow her out. 

 

Minzy felt a bit uncomfortable with all the maids wanting to help her bathe, but she knew very well it was their job. So to appease them, she had them stand outside the bathroom until she was done. "Thank you all for your hard work in feeding me and clothing me. But am afraid that I am ready to retire." 

"Would you like us to be on stand by just in case until you are fully asleep," the maid asked.

Minzy chuckled lightly as she shook her head, "No I'm afraid having all this attention on me will probably do the opposite and keep me awake."

"Very well then, we wish you a good night," the maids bowed before taking their leave. 

Once Minzy could sense that they were away, she sighed as she settled into the comfortable sea of blankets and pillows. Alpha Jiyong, she called out to him.

Good morning! It's nice to have your voice to wake me up this beautiful morning, she smiled at his yawn. She caught a glimpse of him splayed out onto his bed. 

I apologize for waking you...

Don't apologize, like I said it's good to hear your voice. How was your trip there?

I honestly slept through it all. I guess Alpha Siwon was kind enough to carry me from the private jet into the beautiful room I have here.

You truly are sleeping beauty, he teased.

Yes, I think I have a problem, she agreed. The funny thing is that I'm settling in and getting ready for bed now.

Are you getting ready to sleep due to the time zone or because you're just trying to live up to your name sleeping beauty, he jokingly asked.

Yes to both. I just wanted to keep my end of the promise and let you know I'm okay.

Thank you. Rest well sleeping beauty, he said as he sat up. 

I will and I hope you have a good start to your day, she smiled to herself as she cut the mind link and wrapped herself in the covers. 

 

Awaking to the knock at her door, she was up on her feet as the maids walked in with bright smiles. "Good morning," Minzy slightly bowed as they filed in. "Beta Amber is wondering if you would like to join her in her morning work out or would you rather get ready for breakfast?" 

Minzy hummed in understanding, "I wouldn't mind joining Beta Amber in her morning work out." 

"She works out in her wolf form. You are more than welcome to shift and seek her out," the maids bowed as they cleared the doorway. 

Minzy could feel how excited her wolf was to break out. It had been a moment since she felt her wolf react, especially since she was on a long time out for marking Alpha Jiyong. Warning her wolf that she was going to shift, she also warned her wolf about being away from home. She had to conduct herself properly. I understand, her wolf whined wanting to be let out. Giving one last warning, she gave into her wolf and shifted. The transformation was so smooth that she found herself already leaping through the halls. Allowing her senses to take over, she sought out Beta Amber who she found out in an open field.

Good morning, Beta Amber nodded. 

Morning, Minzy nodded as she looked out towards the way that the open field led to the rocky landscape. The vast mountains had her craning her head back to take it in. It was such a beautiful sight. 

Race you to the top, Beta Amber said as she breezed right past her. 

Grinning, Minzy followed suit as she ran hot on Beta Amber's trail. Minzy stayed close by, feeling very that she could over power Beta Amber's brisk strides. But she honestly didn't know how to exactly reach the top, so she studied Beta Amber's movements and reactions to the landscape around them. She was moving as if she was skipping onto various rocks like stepping stones. In the process Beta Amber nodded over to her to let her know that the only way was up. Minzy grinned as she picked up her pace, taking longer strides she sped past Beta Amber with ease. Soon enough it became her racing against nature as the sky began to lighten. The incline and rugged trail didn't phase her as she pushed her way up to the very top. Leaping over what she thought was the final step, she paused mid air as she was met with piercing emerald eyes. Dodging the person who almost sent her tumbling back down the mountain, she rolled and flipped onto her feet in a defensive stance. 

Staring at the tall mountain of a man, she was suddenly blinded by the sun rising. Turning her gaze away, she noticed Beta Amber coming up and suddenly she was deeply bowing, "Alpha Siwon." 

Minzy turned her gaze back towards the man and squinted her eyes as he made his way towards her, "Good morning my name is Alpha Siwon." His voice was soothing like the thundering of rushing waters. Craning her head up to take a better look at him, he was indeed very handsome. His face appeared chisled to perfection with such mesmorizing emerald eyes. They spoke that of some kind of tempting mystery daring her to discover the world that he most definitely held in the palm of his hands. "Welcome to my humble abode," he bowed slightly. "I'm so grateful to have you here. I know that our time with you is limited so I ask of you to please take this time to first spend some time here at our waters of Nivea and ask the Gods who you should use your gifts on first." 

Bowing respectfully, she listened and heard the sound of flowing waters. Lifting her gaze, she looked past the Alpha and noticed a beautiful meadow with flowers and trees surrounding it. Taking confidence in the Alpha's words, she trotted towards the waters and dipped her snout into it to taste of it's cool and freshing flavors of magical waters. The water glowed a soft hue of blue as she moved to walk into the water and felt her senses heighten and relax. Thinking on the Alpha's request, she was intrigued by the image of a beautiful woman who looked a little older than her but still youthful. Her skin was pale and glowing contrast to her midnight long hair. She was a natural beauty and Minzy couldn't help to think that she would look great with Alpha Siwon. Taking in the woman's image, Minzy moved out of the waters and walked up to where Alpha Siwon stood with Beta Amber standing next to him still in her wolf form. 

Slighly bowing, Minzy closed her eyes and brought the image of the woman to mind, This woman. I would like to see her. 

Alpha Siwon appeared to stiffen before narrowing his eyes down at her, "Is this some kind of joke?! Why would you need to see her?!" 

Minzy sensed how his aura was darkening. The way his demeanor changed instantly made her want to see the woman even more, "Do you want my help? Then bring this woman!" Her wolf growled, angered that he would question the answer that he had sought. 

"Please Queen calm down, there must be a mistake. There is nothing wrong with our Luna," Beta Amber tried to calm both of their tempers. 

"Bring her to me or I will seek her out myself," Minzy snapped. 

Alpha Siwon glared at the woman who dare challenge him on the very lands that he ruled, "My Luna Tiffany is healthy and well. Though I do not understand why you would ask for her, I did ask you to ask the Gods who to bring you first." He was frustrated by such a clear and vivid image of his Luna he didn't know what to do. At first he felt enraged that this foreigner sensed his Luna out as someone needing healing, but from what? She seemed fine, there wasn't any thing out of the norm. But this healer he heard about wanted to see her, first. Did he miss the signs? Was there something Luna Tiffany wasn't telling him? Anger, followed by worry had his Beta speaking up on his behalf as this healer then challenged him. Reigning in his emotions, he also caught wind that she was reborn in a Goddess body. The strength and power radiating off of her had him awestruck as well as helping him calm down. "I will have this arranged..." 

"Now," Minzy cut him off feeling impatient seeing the range of emotions cross his face. As much as she wanted to feel for him, the urgency to see this woman was getting to her. "You asked me to seek council from the Gods and now I have to see her," she said through gritted teeth. 

"I will take you to her," he said seriously as if not liking the tone she was having with him. 

The thought of him being a part of it made her feel uneasy, "No not you. I can't have you there." Turning her gaze to Beta Amber, she narrowed her gaze at her, "Take me to her now." 

"Why can't I join you? She is my Luna," Alpha Siwon spoke frustrated and confused by it all. 

Training her gaze on Alpha Siwon, she stepped towards him with pure strength and fury, "You will join after." 

Alpha Siwon didn't know what was over coming him as he felt compelled to agree, "I...Beta Amber take her to Luna Tiffany." 

Beta Amber could feel the influence that this Queen and healer had over her Alpha, "As you wish..." 

Beta Amber went dashing off the mountain while Minzy stayed a moment longer, "I don't mean you any disrespect, but I ask you to please wait here until it's all over." Racing down the mountain, she kept her gaze fixated on Beta Amber and picked up her pace.