My Love

My Love

*********

The first time Jaejoong thought he fell in love happened when he was five years old. He was playing in the sand box, minding his own business, when a bubbly laugh erupted from the five year old across from him. He looked up and felt a funny feeling in his stomach. He didn't know what it was, only knew that he couldn't take his eyes off of the little boy. Without thinking he got up, his short feet taking him as quickly as possible towards the other boy.

"Hi. I'm Jaejoong!" He excitedly introduced himself with a huge smile and shining eyes.

The little boy stopped laughing and looked up surprised. Seeing Jaejoong's smile, the little boy smiled too and happily replied. "Hi. I'm Junsu!"

Jaejoong's tiny heart fluttered and he sat down next to the new boy, not understanding what was happening to him, but not minding it one bit.

**

When Jaejoong turned ten, he realized that what he felt for Junsu wasn't really the love he'd hypothesized it was. Even at such a young age he realized that those drama's his mom watched, and by default he watched, described feelings he didn't feel for Junsu. He didn't realize since when he became obsessed with falling in love, it'd just happened.

But one thing was for sure, at some point he HAD loved Junsu... in his own way.

Really!

He did!

The feelings just faded with time and now all he felt was friendship.

How did he know? Well... see... he'd fallen in love for real this time. His heart fluttered, his palms got sweaty, and the boy's smile made him melt inside.

And who was that boy? Well, it was none other than Jung Yunho from biology.

That boy was so nice. Always friendly and helping out everyone. Someone he could depend on.

So he got closer.

Became his friend.

Introduced him to his best friend Kim Junsu.

And got his tiny ten year old heart broken when he began to notice how Junsu would look at Yunho with awe and adoration or how Yunho would grow clumsy and red whenever Junsu was around.

Basically, everything that happened in a drama was happening in front of him.

But he didn't blame Junsu. He'd never told Junsu he loved Yunho. And he was building up courage to tell Yunho he loved him. He knew he should've moved onto his target whenever he'd discovered his feelings, but now it was too late. Even he could tell those two loved each other, so he had to wait or move on.

That's what he did.

***

When Jaejoong turned fifteen it was clear that his two friends wouldn't part. They were inseparable and he had moved on from that unrequited love.

But not to worry! He'd really fallen in love this time!

Seriously!

He had!

And to the most wonderful guy at that.

Who was that wonderful guy? Well, turned out to be the class Vice President Park Yoochun. He was dreamy, smooth, had a voice to die for, sinful lips, and a smile that made him burn up inside. Not only that, but he was sensitive, smart, knew how to treat a guy, and he swears he's his soul mate. Never had he felt so complete and happy before. He didn't envy Junsu's and Yunho's relationship because he finally had his other half with him at last.

The only downside to Park Yoochun was his best friend Shim Changmin. That snarky bastard that never failed to make him angry. Oh how he wished he could shov- never mind. It's not important. One little bad part didn't make the whole bad... completely.

He was extremely happy with Yoochun for one whole year. All five of them went out and got along famously.

Until the day that Yoochun met HIS supposed other half.

Jaejoong had cried rivers for the lost of his love and he was back to square one. Two members of the five were separated and Jaejoong couldn't tell what hurt the most.

Did it hurt that the bastard found love elsewhere or that he lost a friend because of his immaturity? Maybe he should have handled things differently and he'd still have a friend?

The only bright side was that the nonsense in his life by the name of Shim Changmin was gone. He sniffled and promised he wouldn't fall in love again. The heartache wasn't worth it.

***

He knows it. He knows he said he'd never fall in love again. That he was done with heartache. But it can't be helped when cupid strikes!

Seriously!

He tried his best to resist this time.

At first it hadn't been noticeable. He swears he would've moved out if he would've noticed it sooner!

It all happened when he'd moved colleges to finish his major elsewhere. He was a twenty year old that was close to finishing the first phase of his studies and he wouldn't let meager things like love get in the way of his success. Life had been much easier when he'd focused on himself instead of finding the love of his life. No heartaches. No attachments. He'd basically become a nerd that never went out. No way was someone going to get interested in him when he spent the majority of his time in the Library or dorm room.

Boy had he been wrong.

It'd started with a look.

No, he didn't look at anyone. They looked at him and that's what started that little tendril that later became love.

He'd caught his roommate looking at him in a way he'd never been looked at before. Not by his crushes or in-between boyfriends, at least when he'd had them. He'd felt a pleasurable chill run down his spine and his heartbeat skipped a beat. The feeling had caused him to get angry, especially since he felt really exposed with just a towel wrapped around his waist, and scream at the guy.

"What the are you looking at?!" Angrily.

The guy had just rolled his eyes, remarked that Jaejoong's body was full of defects in his very unique witty way, and continue typing in his laptop as if nothing had happened.

Jaejoong had been dumbfounded by the guy's attitude and by his reaction. He decided to ignore the guy and moved on to get dressed. He swore from then on to dress inside the bathroom to avoid another chance for the GUY to insult him.

The sad part was that he hadn't been able to erase that look from his mind, much less able to stop himself from thinking of it constantly. That was when he noticed that it hadn't been the first time that guy looked at him that way. He noticed that whenever he wasn't looking, that guy would stare at him in the same manner, but with much less intensity.

He'd brushed it off and ignored him.

After a month of living with that guy and getting tired of always fighting they made a truce.

Biggest mistake of his life.

Why?

Because that's what lead to his current love filled state.

Because of that truce he was able to discover that the guy he disliked was more than what he seemed. That his dark sense of humor wasn't so bad to be around. His witty comments weren't annoying anymore. That when he laughed, and his eyes shined with mirth, it caused Jaejoong's own heart race and warmth to spread through his chest.

When he touched Jaejoong accidently, they weren't into skin ship, Jaejoong would shiver in awareness and his cheeks would flush a deep red.

When this happened more than once Jaejoong had panicked when realization struck him like a lightning bolt. To make things clear he'd categorized the effects the guy had on him.

That's when he realized that his stomach would flutter whenever that guy entered their dorm room.

That his heart fluttered just as much as his stomach when the other guy laughed; clapping his hands in mirth as his eyes twinkled and mismatched.

He realized that he'd become clumsy whenever the other guy was too close or that his palms would get sweaty if he had to touch the other or that just a deep and penetrating look from the other guy had him melting inside.

He realized the guy was dreamy, smooth, had a voice to die for, and that his lips were sinful when they curled into that famous smirk he was known for.

That the guy could smile at him in a devious way and it more than made him burn up inside. It made him forget everything else, except him.

The guy was sensitive, surprisingly so considering he'd thought the guy a complete in the beginning. He was smart, knew how to treat him, made him happy... complete.

He had stopped talking to his roommate the day he realized his feelings for him. He had gone a week ignoring the other guy as the other attempted to find out what was wrong.

But then Jaejoong had gathered all the courage in the world to declare his possibly unrequited love on summer day.

"...I... I love you." Jaejoong had managed to say at the end of his long explanation of his feelings. He'd closed his eyes, not willing to see the other laugh in his face, but relieved that he'd finally confessed. Hoping that they could still be friends even after all this blows over.

After a long silence he peeked one eye open and looked at his roommate, his breath leaving him in a rush when all he saw was astonishment. At least it wasn't anger or disgust.

"Are you serious?" His roommate had asked, still shocked.

"Y-yes. But please, let's be friends still, yeah? I know you don't feel the same and that-mphf!" Jaejoong exclaimed as his lips were sealed by an abrupt kiss that ended just as fast as it'd started.

Jaejoong stared open mouthed as Changmin gave him the most beautiful smiled he'd seen in all of his life. His heart beat erratically as his mind tried to catch on to what the kiss had meant.

"Hahaha. Why are you looking at me that way? About time you realized it. I've liked you since the first moment I saw you. I've loved you for nearly as long. I couldn't let you slip away a second time you know. Good thing you realized it before graduation, otherwise you would've gone missing for a couple of weeks as I made you realize that you love me and only me. But it's definitely a pleasant surprise that you-" Changmin was cut off as Jaejoong kissed him fully on the mouth to shut him up. Jaejoong felt he could get use to the kissing to shut up thing really quickly as the draped his arms around Changmin's neck and deepened the kiss.

**

At the age of twenty five, Jaejoong was moving in with his boyfriend. A technicality really since they practically lived in each other's apartments for the previous three years. They'd finally settled in a location, found jobs in the area, and bought a house under both their names. Yup. It's official. Jaejoong has finally found his other half. He's still deeply in love with him and won't let this one go without a fight. He fought against falling in love, but now that he has it he'll be damned if he lets it go.

"Jae, help me with this yeah? Junsu and Yunho are going to get here soon and I don't want them touching my stuff!" Changmin complained as he attempted to shove a box inside the closet full of boxes he didn't want Junsu and Yunho to find.

Jaejoong laughed whole heartedly before walking towards Changmin. "You know they'll find those boxes their weird and pull them out anyway, don't you Min?"

"Aish. You're right. Damn." Changmin deflated his chest and let the box drop. A pout settled on his face.

Jaejoong suddenly felt grateful that he could share moments like this with Changmin and hoped that things would never change. He embraced Changmin suddenly, not wanting to let go, and enjoyed the comfort the arms wrapped around him brought. He smiled into Changmin's chest as he whispered "I love you" to the other. Changmin didn't call him out on how random that was or on how corny it sounded. They normally don't tell each other often, but from time to time Jaejoong felt the need to voice it out loud.

Changmin chuckled as he tighten his arms before letting go one hand to tilt Jaejoong's head up and looking straight into his eyes.

"I love you too." Changmin says softly and kisses Jaejoong tenderly before they're interrupted by loud shouting on the other side of the door accompanied by banging on the door and they regretfully break apart.

"Yo! Let us in guys! What are you doing in there? Yunnie, they're getting it on!" Jaejoong laughed as he heard his best friend's loud assumptions and loud laughter.

"Coming impatient child!" Jaejoong shouted and then laughed. He was happy where he was at right now and hoped that not much changed in the future. Glancing once more at Changmin's chuckling form, he didn't believe he could be happier than he was at that moment.

But then again, that's what he'd thought the moment he'd found out Changmin loved him too.


The End