5 Neko Ni Naritai

Neko Ni Naritai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura left with Anna to buy groceries not far from the ryokan. Obasama requested Eunbi to cook kimchi jjigae for her as Sakura can't stop hyping her wife cooking’s skill. That’s left Eunbi and Obasama but Obasama was busy being the ryokan host and Eunbi was left alone to entertain herself.

 

Eunbi is amazed how Miyawaki family can preserve hundred years ryokan and whenever she took a walk enjoying the serenity provided by the lush forest of bamboos surrounded the ryokan, it felt like the time stopped at the 13th century.

 

The hot spring situated at the back, in between of VIP ryokan (where Miyawaki-Kwon stayed) and Obasama’s family house. At the back of the family house, it’s a small house where all Miyawaki ancestor’s plaque been kept for safekeeping and worshipping purposes.

 

Eunbi remembered Sakura did say something about old Japanese carpenter skill known as rishunkaku as what Eunbi can recall where there’s none of the nails been used and its entirely relying on the angle of the woods. Sakura was excited to tell her how every building in the old Japan was styled to have only one storey made up from woods and the roof usually made up of special leaves and lighter woods. This is because Japan is a country where typhoon, earthquake and storm is a normal occurrence. Hence, if the natural disasters hit them hard, destroying their houses, they can rebuild their house using the remaining unaffected woods.

 

Eunbi now is walking across the lake by the small bridge and stopped at the middle of the lake. The lake now looked less scary compared when she first saw it on the night she arrived. Eunbi tried to throw the stone in an effort measuring how depth the lake but the surface is too dark to see it through and suddenly Eunbi got a chill. She walked fast to reach the land and continued her strolling until she reached the guest ryokan that has a yellow roof.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Despite the norm is to have one storey ryokan, however, Miyawaki had renovated their ryokans to two-storey as Obasama mentioned there’s an influx of guests recently from local and abroad. Eunbi decided to visit the smaller guest ryokan where the Miyawaki builds a mini-museum to commemorate the ryokan inception for 700 years.

 

As she entered the ryokan, she can spot a lot of pictures hanging in the hallway until she reached the reception counter. The receptionist, Aoi-san, is a cute and friendly girl greeted Eunbi which Eunbi replied with a warm smile. At the guest hall, there’s a new group just arrived from China and Aoi was busy attending them with the help of Kagawa.

 

Eunbi was busy looking around at the mini-museum which situated beside the guest hall and didn’t realize Sakura was sneaking behind her.

 

“Boo!” Sakura tried to scare Eunbi and Eunbi was surprised that she let out a yelp that sounds similar to a surprised bunny.

 

“You scared me!” Sakura just grinned proudly and Eunbi unamused tried to stay away from her.

 

“Aww, unnie, don’t you missed me?” Sakura with pleading eyes that closely resembled the young -in-boots tried to coax Eunbi.

 

“I was and now I’m not.”

 

“Ouch, unnie, I’m hurt,” Sakura pretended her heart hurts and Eunbi rolled her eyes watching the childish antics of her wife.

 

“Unnie, come here, lemme tell you the sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter