3 Neko Ni Naritai

Neko Ni Naritai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ladies and gentleman, welcome to Kagoshima airport. Local time is 6:13 pm and the temperature is 10 degrees Celsius. For your safety, please remain seated until the seatbelt sign is switched off. We thanked you for choosing Korean Air,” a sweet voice reverberated throughout 737 plane indicating that they just landed and now the plane is moving slowly to the designated gate to park.

Sakura yawned and stretched her arms and now moving to the aisle to get their luggage from the overhead storage. Eunbi is still admiring the scenery from the window looking giddy and smiling at Sakura.

“What time your cousin will pick you up?” Eunbi stretched at her window seat and taking her purple suitcase from Sakura.

“Her last message said she will wait for us in the arrival hall around 5:40 pm. I don’t think we will take long since we only bring carry-ons.” Sakura gestured to Eunbi to stand in front of her as passengers started to line-up to depart from the plane.

“Ohh, I’m hungry actually. Can we eat first?” Eunbi pouted while patting at her stomach.

“But we already ate in the flight though,” Sakura patted Eunbi’s stomach while chuckled.

“Travel always makes me hungry. I want to eat a lot in your hometown,” Eunbi started to push her luggage while thanking the flight attendants before waiting for Sakura near to the plane’s door at the aerobridge.

“Let’s go,” Sakura’s left hand find Eunbi’s hand before holding her close.

“It’s cold and I forgot my mittens.”

Eunbi smirked knowingly.

“I know you just want to hold my hand. Just say it and go,” Eunbi’s laughing while swaying their holding hands.

“I know, I just want to hold your hand. Let’s go before Anna is going berserk.”

 

Kagoshima airport is not as busy as what Eunbi expected. It's more laidback and the signs are helpful for the first time visitors. During immigrations, Eunbi had to go into a foreigner’s lane while Sakura is going to citizen’s lane and it made Eunbi a bit lonely. The interview with the immigration officer is short and he enthusiastically welcoming Eunbi to Kagoshima. Eunbi nodded and bowed to thank her enthusiasm.

The walk to the arrival hall only takes ten minutes. From far, she can see someone holding a big sign showing ‘Miyawaki Sakura The Fart Legend.’ Sakura remains unbothered while walking to her cousin.

“Sakura, long time no see. I hope you’re humbled now than before,” Anna keep taunting Sakura with her big sign.

“Long time no see my you came to our wedding,” Sakura’s action is the opposite of her words as she pulled Anna closer for a hug.

“Seriously! You married before me,” Anna’s loud voice caught a few passerby attention after the short hug she shared with her frenemy cousin.

“Hai, Eunbi-san, come and hug me too,” Anna wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

“Yah, it's my wife,” Sakura stood in front of Eunbi protecting from ‘ert’ Anna.

“Its okay baby, it's just a hug,” Eunbi stepped in front of Sakura and hugged Anna while Anna mouthed the word ‘soft.’

“You’re dead Anna!” Anna already escaped from Sakura’s wrath and yelling at them to walk fast.

Eunbi thought that ertedness is highly likely to run in Miyawaki family but oh well now she’s a part of the family too. Eunbi had met Anna twice before, once during Anna’s vacation in Korea during the first few years she’s dating with Sakura while another was during their wedding. To Eunbi, Anna is starkly different from Sakura. Anna is more friendly even with strangers and expressed her feelings well while Sakura is much more restrained in her emotions and really introvert when it comes to strangers.

“Hurry up unnie, obasama is already waiting for us to have dinner. And you said you were hungry” Sakura’s voice interrupted her thoughts and Eunbi pouted at her wife.

“I’m hungry so I can't walk fast.”

Sakura chuckled, “Unnie I literally saw you ran when your favourite macarons run out.”

“That’s different, that’s macarons. Macarons and food are totally different, Kkura-yah.”

“Oi lovebirds, faster or we might end up as dinner,” Anna shouted reminded Eunbi to ask if Anna accidentally swallowed mic when she was young.

“Kkura-yah, is it true your grandma a dragon?” Eunbi whispered to Sakura while Anna is putting their luggage into her car’s bonnet.

“Wait and you’ll see,” Sakura smirked.

“Sakura, sit in front with me. You will have a lot of time with Eunbi,” Anna said while patting the front passenger seat.

Sakura pecked Eunbi’s lips and moving to the front door while sighing.

The ride is full of banter started by Anna telling Eunbi of Sakura’s childhood secrets while Sakura tried to stop Anna but the attempt is proved to be a futile attempt as more and more secrets spilling out and Eunbi is keeping mental notes for every secret spilt for her future reference.

“Anna, why you called Sakura is the fart legend?”

Sakura looked at Eunbi at the back like a constipated cat but Eunbi is enjoying to have upper hands here and Eunbi smiled sweetly at Sakura.

“One of our grand-aunts farted like a ninja. It’s a silent fart but smell deadly and obtrusive to your respiratory system. In short, her fart is a deadly ticking bomb.”

Anna laughed while Sakura tried to school her panic expression as her secret now known to Eunbi.

“My cousin Sakura cant smell it. Naturally, we all thought it was her until Sakura went to study in Korea then we found out it was our grand aunt.”

Eunbi laughed while holding her stomach and Sakura had sheepish smile glancing at the back.

“Hmm, it's taking how long to clear my name? I was accused as a fart monster for almost ten years just because I cant smell fart,” Sakura complained her reputation been tarnished for something that she never did.

“Hahaha, I can't breath,” Eunbi continued to laugh with Anna.

“Anna, careful, don’t let go the steering, Eunbi and I are too young to die and we just got married,” Sakura scolded Anna and Anna regained her focus to drive.

“Oh look, we’re here,” Anna pointed out at their ryokan’s sign.

Anna parked her car carefully and Sakura went out ready to take their luggage. Eunbi went out of the car while looking at the surroundings with an excitement. It's her first time to be at Miyawaki’s oldest ryokan and can't help herself to squeal when she’s looking at the two cats statue in front of the entrance.

Sakura gave her hand to Eunbi to hold and Eunbi intertwined her fingers with Sakura’s and Sakura led Eunbi to her family’s house.

“We’re home,” Sakura greeted and taking off her shoes while Eunbi followed suit.

Anna who helped to bring Eunbi’s luggage was the last among them and closed the door.

“Obasama, I’m hungry,” fatigued Anna put down Eunbi’s luggage beside Sakura’s and ready to eat.

 

====================================================================================================================

 

“Eunbi-san, how was the food?” Obasama gestured Eunbi to eat more.

Eunbi bowed a bit and smiled shyly while asking Sakura to top up her rice.

“Obasama is a really good cook,” Eunbi praised in Japanese albeit her tone is similar like a baby.

“You are fluent in Japanese, Eunbi-san,” Obasama’s turn to praise Eunbi while urging Sakura to add her rice as well.

“I’m already full obasam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter