[One Shot] The Fourth

The Fourth

If there was one thing Lee Donghae hated more than getting abducted by aliens when he was in a bath, it was getting up on the morning of Kibum’s and his anniversary and that was precisely why he kept rolling around in his bed till Eetuek had to barge in and strip him of his nice warm blanket.

 

It wasn’t that Donghae did not want to celebrate their anniversary. Heck! He would love to celebrate it together, but Kibum’s schedule and memory was the problem.

Out the three anniversaries, Kibum had forgotten one, he had a tight schedule on the other, and the third one, he had a tight schedule and he had forgotten.

And today was the fourth, what would happen Donghae did not know.

 

Donghae rolled out of bed and fell on the floor, scratching his he walked up to the bathroom to get freshened up.

”Aah! I am so tired of reminding him about our anniversary” he spoke to his reflection. “I’m not going to do it this time…let’s see if he remembers or not?”

“YAH! Lee Donghae! You better not be talking to the toilet like last time…or I swear I’ll tell everyone how made the hole in Kangin Hyung’s favorite red underwear.” He heard Shindong from outside.

“I’m sorry…I was just talking to the toilet…I will come out now.”

 

“BREAKFAST!” Eetuek’s voice rang across the hall of the dorm, calling everyone to the table.

“Oh Eggs. Yayy! My favorite”

“Hyung I wanted strawberry milk”

“Where are my consoles?”

“Hyung…I will do the dishes today…you look so tired.”

 “Heechul can’t move out of bed today…his back…last night…you know! I will take breakfast to him in bed.”

“Hyung…Donkkomo says he wants eggs as well.”

“Where is my blue underwear now?? That was also one of my favorites! Aish!”

“Yesung Hyung…give me back my pink ribbon…you can not use the whole of it to decorate that horrible turtle’s tank.”

 

Donghae sighed in his corner poking his scrambled egg, he looked up only when the door banged open and Kibum walked in straight into Eetuek’s arms.

“What did I do to you? What? Why me? Why do I only have such a hectic schedule? Look at it Hyung! Look…! Can you see any blank spaces? I can’t~!”

Eetuek patted him gingerly, before leading him to sit on the table for breakfast.

 

“Hi Kibu-“ Donghae wanted to greeted him, but his lips were cut off by Kibum’s. He tasted like mint paste…very refreshing. Of course the entire Super Junior were now used to PDA thanks to a certain Kim Heechul and his antics with Hankyung.

 

“Those lips might just help me to last throughout my day…” Kibum sighed taking his usual place next to Donghae.

“Uh huh…” Donghae replied his lips, dazed. He stared at Kibum’s face as the latter gorged on his breakfast, and as usual he had forgotten.

Donghae was now really used to it…really.

It did not totally affect him to see Kangin taking Eetuek out on their anniversary, he didn’t obviously feel bad when, even, Kyuhyun gave up his gaming for one day just for Sungmin. And…it was not at all shocking when Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin of Dong Bang Shin Ki walked into their dorm one fine day saying that they would be scarred for life if they entered the dorm for the next two days.

 

But he liked Kibum’s surprise hugs, his unexpected kisses, his random messages in between of the day, his hyper active behavior at times…in fact Kibum was nearly…nearly perfect. If it was not for the fact that he would always forget Donghae’s birthday, their anniversary, Donghae’s dog Bada’s Birthday, Donghae’s dog’s anniversary with Heechul’s cat…and other various dates.

 

“Kibum-ah” he called out to the man stuffing his mouth.

“Yeshp..”

“what’s first on your schedule?”

“Rhaadhhio..”

“Please eat and then talk…”

Kibum chewed for a bit and gulped; “Radio show…for promotion…I’m sorry Donghae-ah…I will be coming home by around one tonight.”

“It’s ok…” Donghae mumbled.

“Alright everyone…I am going now…Bye!!” Kibum waved to everyone in general as he got ready to leave for his schedule.

“Donghae…start packing now…we have a flight to catch tomorrow to China” Siwon said, nudging him.

“Hmm…it would have been nice if he remembered for once.” Donghae mumbled looking up at Siwon.

He was really shocked when he saw Siwon winking at Kibum and showing him a thumbs up sign.

“What are you doing?” Donghae asked eyeing Siwon and Kibum carefully.

“Oh no-nothing…” Siwon said scattering to the kitchen.

Donghae looked at Kibum, who had now left the apartment.

“…maybe Siwon just wished him for the day.” He thought as he made his way towards his shared room with Eetuek.

 

“Yah! Kangin-ah…let go!” Donghae heard Eetuek from inside of the room.

“But…Hyung! We never have time…we will do this real quick.”

“Kangin-ah….we can’t…we should not…you know what today is….”

“Yes…I know…Ki-“

“Ssh!’

 

Donghae banged open the door and what he saw scarred him but he really wanted Kangin to continue his sentence.

“Hyung…”

“Yes Donghae…and Kangin-ah get off me now please.”

“Oh! Sorry…”

“Kangin Hyung…what ever you saying?”

“Oh that-urm-I was saying…Eetuek we-uh-we need to do this faster-“

“Aish! Not that Hyung.”

“oh…you mean…the no time…I mean is not true? The schedules are packed and the bathrooms are also so dirty where ever we go….”

“Never mind! Do you mind taking this some where else…I need to pack.”

“It’s ok Donghae-ah…we have schedule now anyway…”

 

“Underwear…toothpaste…clothes…more underwear….what else? Ah! Lotion. Where is my lotion..”

“Donghae Hyung….” Ryeowook came running into the room, unusually messy for Ryeowook.

His hair was ruffled, the pink apron tied to him was messy with stains, his face was covered with the same stains.

“Donghae Hyung…”

“No Ryeowook-ah-“

Sungmin ran in equally messy from head to toe. “No…no Ryeowook-ah…you don’t do that…”

“WHAT?” Ryeowook snapped at Sungmin. “I was going to ask Hyung if he would do my packing for me because I was busy…”

“Oh! I thought….”

“You always think I’m stupid and naïve. Even when we share the kitchen to cook sometimes…you thought I walked in here to ask Donghae Hyung if he like icing didn’t you.”

“RYEOWOOK-AH!!!!”

“WHAT?”

“I’m sorry Sungmin Hyung…”

“Icing? Yes I like icing!...but Hyung why?”

“Nothing….” Sungmin replied pushing Ryeowook out of the room. “we were….doing something…nothing important.”

“MY BAG DONGHAE HYUNG!!!” Ryeowook screamed from outside.

Donghae groaned. Now he had two bags to pack as if one was not enough.

 

“Hello Henry….” Donghae spoke into his hand phone. 

“Helloo Donghae Hyung…are you all packed to come here?”

“Yes…I think…what are the both of you doing…?”

“Zhou Mi was composing his music and I was practicing violin. Oh Donghae Hyung…”

“Yes…?’

“Are you all ready for the sur-“

“NO NO HENRY!!! NO…”

Donghae heard Zhou Mi from the other end screaming. “You can’t do that…give me the phone! Hello Donghae Hyung….all ready?”

“Yeah Zhou Mi….what was Henry-?”

“He’s weird…please ignore him….so how’s everything else? Could you please pass the phone to Hankyung Hyung….i need to talk to him…”

“yeah sure…hang on…”

 

Donghae walked towards Hankyung and Heechul’s room and prayed that he would not be scarred twice in one day.

“Yah! Heechul…seriously it cannot be that bad…get off now!”

“Go away! I am in pain!!!”

“Heechul-ah…get off…you are using up the entire bed…”

“Hyung….”Donghae peeked in, and saw Hankyung throwing death glares at Heechul who was occupying the entire bed.

“Yes Donghae…”

Hankyung looked at Donghae with tired eyes, obviously it was of no use fighting with Heechul.

“Zhou Mi is on the phone…he wants to talk to you” Donghae handed over the phone to Hankyung.

“Hello…Aiee Zhou Mi…how are you? How’s Henry? We are coming- HE WHAT? Oh nearly huh? I knew Henry would-“ Hankyung stopped in his mid sentences and looked over to Donghae.

“um…Donghae don’t you have to pack?”

“Oh no Hyung…I’m done, in fact I even packed Ryeowook-ah’s…”

“Oh that’s nice…don’t you have anything else to do?”

“No Hyung.” Donghae blinked at Hankyung. 

“YAH! Lee Donghae! The Chinese man is asking you to get out so he can talk to his children in private.” Heechul screeched.

“Oh! Hyung…why didn’t you just ask me?” Donghae asked walking out of their room

 

“Yes…uh huh…alright…” Donghae heard Shindong on the phone with someone as he walked past him to get to his room.

“Donghae-ah…” Shindong called out to Donghae.

“Yes Hyung…” Donghae spun around on his heels.

“Donghae…could you get me some Pepsi…and some chips…and some chocolates from the downstairs grocery?’

“…ok…but didn’t we just have breakfast about three hours ago?”

“Yeah…but I am hungry…please? I have some work here…”

“Yeah ok….why not? I am not doing anything…do you know I packed Ryeowook’s and my bag for tomo-“

“Okay Donghae…that’s nice….food…now…please!”

“Yes…yes…on my way!”

 

Donghae slipped on his shoes and walked out of the dorm, humming songs to himself and thinking about Kibum.

“It really would have been nice if he really remembered…too bad he doesn’t…and why is everyone acting so weird?”

 

Donghae walked towards the grocery, when he heard a car screech to a stop near his dorm.

“Really…I hate these drivers….they can’t even drive properly….”

 

As he walked into the grocery, he realized he had forgotten his wallet back at the dorm, he ran back to the building and walked into the elevator.

As he reached the dorm, he heard all s talking in loud whispers.

“Yeah…I know! Good Lord…stop acting like that”

“Oh my God! I am so excited.”

“Donkkomo aren’t you happy?”

“Everyone…you know what to do this evening right? Disappear!”

 

“KIBUM?” Donghae thought to himself and banged the door open.

 

Twelve pair of eyes  stared at him.

Ryeowook and Sungmin stood with a huge cake with pink icing.

Shindong held a huge ‘HAPPY ANNIVERSARY’ banner in his hand.

Eetuek held two large wrapped gifts in his hand.

Kangin was holding two bottles of wine.

Kibum was starring at Donghae.

Donghae was stared at Kibum…before he burst out laughing.

 

Kibum sheepishly smiled, scratching the back of his head. ”Um…Happy…anniversary?”

“You remembered?”

“uh…yeah…I wanted to surprise you this evening…and I had to hide these gifts…so Shindong Hyung –“

“-sent me to buy snacks?”

“Yeah…but why are you..?”

“I forgot the wallet…”

“You are so stupid…”

“Me? You are the one who can’t plan a surprise!”

OKAY…” Eetuek butted in. “HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!”

 

Kibum looked at Donghae and pulled him closer and pressed their lips together. “I’m sorry if I never remember….”

“It’s ok…” Donghae replied hugging Kibum really tightly.

 

“OKAY!!” Kangin shouted. “Let’s go downstairs to the 11thfloor…we will leave them together.”

“Hyung…Sungmin and I baked a cake for you with icing…” Ryeowook smiled carefully placing the cake on the table and heading out.

“Have fun….and remember we are flying tomorrow.” Hankyung said carrying Heechul bridal style downstairs.

 

As they closed the door, the Super Junior members heard a VERY VERY giggly Donghae, and they knew they didn’t need to question what was happening behind the closed doors.