How to be a Human

My Blood Moon Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
D.O.

I yawned and stretched my legs. I shrugged off the blanket and laid back, enjoying the morning sun's heat. I finally found the girl with my yeouji last night. She was the one who gave me this blanket and then ran for her life. As if I would eat her. She looked cute though. I don't really like human meat as much as animal meat, like chicken. Chicken's my favorite like I can devour all the chicken on earth and it still wouldn't be enough. My mouth started to water from just thinking about my delicious chickens. It's been around 2 weeks since I went down to earth, and the longer I was staying here, the more human I felt. It includes human needs, like sleeping and eating... A whole lot of eating.

I heard a door closed. The girl with my yeouji hurried out, clutching her shoulder bag. She seems to be running late because she hasn't finished buttoning her top and her socks were mismatched. She was walking fast and rummaging around her bag, not even aware that she was going to bump head-on with a light post. I panicked and clicked my fingers. I made the light post invisible as she walked through it. I immediately looked around to see if there were other people on the street. Oh thank the heavens, no one saw that. I sighed a sigh of relief and rolled my eyes. Aish, this clumsy human girl. I must protect my yeouji. I ran after the girl. This human girl sure does a LOT of running.

I kept my distance in case she notices and screams that I'm her stalker again. I chuckled at the thought of what happened last night and her accusing me of being her stalker. I should compliment her fast reflexes though, not because it saved me (I could've dodged the car with my own powers) but because if she didn't pull me back, I wouldn't have hugged her and felt my yeouji. I must protect her and my yeouji at all costs.

She tripped twice on flat ground and I had to catch her with the wind to stop her from falling flat face on the ground. Next, her wallet fell out of the bag and I had to pick it up with the use of the wind, toss it back to her bag and zip it close. I smiled. She's the clumsiest human I have ever seen... And a magnet of bad fortune. I stopped running. I saw a truck coming from the right. The girl was about to cross the street to her campus. She was still running as fast as she could, just looking ahead of her. The pedestrian light turned green but the truck didn't slow down. The girl and the truck will definitely have a collision in a matter of seconds if I don't interfere. Ugh!

I pointed to the truck with my right hand and stopped the truck slowly so it wouldn't look too suspicious. It stopped a few feet away from the pedestrian lane. I let out a big sigh of relief. The human girl ran across the street and up to her campus, safely and not a care in the world. I dropped my hand and stared at the girl 'til she's out of sight. I need to protect my yeouji. I must protect this unlucky and clumsy girl at all costs...

I thought long and hard on how I will approach this girl without her screaming again that I'm a stalker. I waited for her at a bench outside her building. I've been observing the humans since this afternoon. Some walks in groups, talking loud and laughing. Others are alone, walking fast. A lot of passing human girls look over at me, and whisper and giggle with their group. All of them were busy going back and forth in the glass wall that magically splits open. I still haven't figured out what magic the humans use to open it. One man was jogging with his dog and sat beside me. The dog starting barking at me. I got a little annoyed and turned my eyes red. The dog whimpered and laid down on the ground. I turned my eyes back to its brown color and smiled. This earth is so interesting.

Finally, the girl walked out of the building. She was carrying a huge box with both of her hands. She looks exhausted. I followed behind her from a distance. I still don't know how to approach her but I'll just protect her from afar. She turned right again at the intersection. When I finally turned right too, I saw that the box she was carrying was dropped in between her and a man. She was shaking nervously, unable to move. The man was holding her left arm and was trying to get close to her. I immediately transported myself behind the man, grab the man's arm and threw him to the ground. He groaned in pain. The man reeked of alcohol. Drunk bastard. I glared at the man with my red eyes. His eyes widened and he struggled to get up and ran for his life.

I turned to the girl, "Gwaenchana?"

She was still in shock and didn't answer. Her eyes were welling up with tears. I touched her arm, trying to comfort her, but she burst into tears. I panicked. A couple passed by and stared at me like I was the bad guy that made her cry. I told her it's fine and I was here to protect her but she kept on crying like a kid. I didn't know what else to do so I just pulled her closer and hugged her. I softly patted her hair. She stopped crying. It felt warm and nice to feel my yeouji so close. She's so small and soft inside my arms. I squeezed her a little and let go. I picked up her box, grabbed her hand and started to walk towards her house. She was silent until we stood in front of her room's door. She opened it and stepped inside. I turned to leave but she reached out for my arm.

"You can stay here for the night, if you want... You can sleep at the sofa," she offered shyly.

I nodded and went inside. It was warm inside, and a little messy. She locked the door and went straight to her room. I settled myself in the sofa. I was glad I was finally going to be lying comfortably. I definitely got tired of using my powers that day. Using transportation takes a lot of my energy, but I'm glad I used it to save her. I smiled before I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up with the air smelling with a hint of chicken. I sat up straight to see where it was coming from. I saw the human across the room, her back facing me. She was doing something and there was smoke in front of her. She didn't seem to be in pain so I guess she wasn't getting burned. I stood behind her and peered over her shoulder. She jumped out of surprise and screamed, but her scream was more like a little squeak. I let out a small laugh. She's indeed cute.

"Ya~!" She was catching her breath and giving me a death glare, but she just seems cuter with her eyes wide.

I ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter