The morning garden

Our Garden of Memories

BGM

My fingers froze as I read the last sentence.

"Our love wasn't meant to be and I couldn't stop loving him. I was breaking apart inside."

My fingers resting on the keyboard and I swallow a lump in my throat. It was heartbreaking. A painful  ache could be felt with every words.

That person bore so much resemblance with him yet I couldn't feel nothing.

Whose memories inside my mind?

I can almost feel it. The touch and the kiss. A young man who light my world with his smile. His big slightly cat-like eyes b with affection and a slight tone of sadness. It makes me almost choked a sob, bursting out feelings from nowhere.

Who are you?

Are you the owner of these memories? Why is it me?

There's a knock on my doors. 

"Come in." I took a breath and calm down.

Ms. Lee walk inside the room. 

"Agasshi. I'm leaving. You remembered right that I have a week off. Someone will deliver dinner every day. Don't forget to eat and take your pills. Call me for anything." She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Go out. The weather's been nice. You should have some fresh air. It will be good for you." She patted my shoulder before leaving. It's still morning. I didn't want to go out among crowds. 

"Somewhere calm with fresh air. Hurmmnn." I pulled on a beige cotton knee length dress with comfy white jeans and a pink hoodie.

I flattened my pixie cut hair and pull on a maroon cotton army cap over my hair. 

I placed my MacBook inside a back pack with my smartphone and purse. I wear a black rimmed glass I always wear when working infront the screen.

There is someone standing in front of my porch when I open the door. I was startled. It was my editor, my self proclaimed best friend.

"Namjoon-yah.. couldn't you ring my bells. Lols" I hugged him briefly before looking at his profile.  He's wearing a shirts and chinos.

"How's are you feeling?" He my hair gently.

"I'm fine. really. It's been few months since that. You shouldn't worry much about me." I chuckled.

"Are you going out somewhere?" He checked my appearance.

"Yeah.. I'm going out for fresh air like Ms. Lee suggested. And maybe grab some lunch while I work on my homework from Tori."

"I came to hangout. Maybe I can drove you and we could spend some quality time." He brighten up.

"Sure." I replied, I didn't think that I'd want to wait for an Uber or taxi.. besides it's been a while since I hang out with Namjoon.

His taste in car was surprisingly Normal if you considered his hair or his fashion style. I got into his black Mini Cooper Clubman.

"So you gotten a homework from Tori?" He started asking after I put in the gps for the Cafe.

"Uh huhh.." I opened my smartphone and start connecting the Bluetooth to the car audio speaker.

"Sorry.. lately I've been trying to listen to music and this one random song got me hooked." I apologise as the song beat out slowly from the speaker.

"Agust D huhh." He remarked with a smile while his eyes are fixed on the road. 

"Namjoon-yah.. about my previous works." I fiddle with my fingers.

He froze for a bit.

"What about them?" His eyes never stray away from the road.

"I still didn't remember anything after I wake up. I didn't even remember you. Sorry for being a bad friend." I lowered my head.

"Jae-yah.. I'll be your bestie no matter how many times you forget about me. Remember that."

" I want to know, to learn what kind of person I was. I want to know what kind of work I wrote." I turned towards Namjoon and look at his face.

He was conflicted. 

"I couldn't tell more but your work was deep and inspiring people to keep strong. That's the kind of author you are. I was deeply moved and cried the first time I read your manuscript."  His eyes are glassed and seemed looking further than the road in front.

"We have arrived." I patted his shoulder.

"Now gimme a hug." I went out the car and reach him in a hug.

"You have become more comfortable and cheerful. But you are always kind." Namjoon let go the hug.

"Tori always tell me they served good coffee."  Namjoon says as we went inside the Cafe.

This time Namjoon pick an indoor table, Counter top table against clear glass wall that face the garden. I saw why Namjoon pick indoor table. The automatic water sprinkler to the grass are on. It would be damp to be outside. It's weekend and so early we are the only customer. Besides, the smells of fresh baked bread and confectionery were everywhere inside the Cafe. Jungkook stride towards us. He wasn't wearing a uniform but only had a white T-shirt and jeans on.

"Jae-Nuna.. good to see you today." Jungkook wasn't wearing his beanie hat and look good with his hair comb back.

"I brought my editor today, meet Kim Namjoon. He's looking forward for your coffee." I introduced Namjoon.

"Did I hear right, you are that editor for Jinri-seonsaengnim." A voice exclaimed from the kitchen door.

A good looking guy in Pattisier uniform was holding a tray of fresh sandwich loaf. His eyes glimmer in excitement. He shoved the tray at Jungkook and grab Namjoon's hands.

"I love A lil light in your sky a lot..  I received them when I was down and it was so good. I was able to cried out all my frustrations." He looked like he's ready to cry.

"Yah..hyung. Jimin-hyung... let me take their order first." Jungkook interfered calmly.

"Iced Caramel Macchiato & a ham subway with extra mayo sauce." Namjoon look like he's smitten with the fresh loaf.

"Why about you Seonsaengnim?" Jungkook smoothly turn to me.

"Me.. I was wanting souffles pancake and for the sauce.. strawberry." I pointed at the menu.

"What drink would you like?" Jungkook lift his face after writing down my order.

" You promised, you will recommend me drink right.. something chocolatey." I stare expectingly at him. 

"How about Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with marshmallow." He suggested while my throat gulping.

"That's my favorite. Believe me, Jungkook whipped up really good hot chocolate you see." A young high school age boy carrying groceries bag walk inside the Cafe butting in the conversation.

He looks at Namjoon and Jimin awkwardly parting apart and he head straight to the kitchen. Followed by Jungkook excusing himself.

"I'm going to prepare your special order." Jimin waved at us and his lean leg look almost bouncing as he retreat to the kitchen.

"There you go.. that's the kind of reaction you had from your reader." He casually look at me while I went silent.

"Here's your drink." Jungkook delivered his order. 

"Sorry about Jimin.. he's like that way back in school. And accidentally I'm the one who gave him that book. He's turned the book into something he literally worship. He didn't even remember that I'm the one who gave him the book. " Jungkook sighed. 
I didn't know which fascinated me more.. his word or his hot chocolate.

"You are spectacular, kookie.." I exclaimed as I stared at my mug of hot chocolate with cat shaped whipped cream.

"No wonder, that caffeine addicted always praised your coffee." Namjoon sighed after slurping almost half his coffee.

"Thank you." He laughed softly.

"You are young. Do you really work full time here?" Namjoon stirred his coffee. 

"Only Jimin in the full time roster. Well he's the owner. There's another partimer who came whenever I got class at the University. And there's Tae Tae, you know that kiddo earlier. He came whenever he got no school. He's got quite a good cooking skills." Jungkook smiled.

"So you are university student. What course you are having?"

"Business major. When Jimin-hyung are opening the Cafe, he need someone to run the business part and his head is only good when it came to his confectionery." Jungkook sighed.

Must be tough. I sipped my chocolatey heavenly drink.

Tae Tae come out with Namjoon sandwich. I can smell the fresh loaf.

"Jimin-hyung is preparing the pancake. He's using the berries old man Park grew in the greenhouse behind the cafe. The strawberries are really sweet." Tae Tae placed a delectable looking sandwich plate for Namjoon. I make a mental note to order it another time for sure.

"My name is Taehyung. I heard you are a book editor for the favourite author of Jimin-hyung." He politely introduce himself.

"I've read Jimin's favorite book once. It's good, though I prefer her last book. Raindrops of Tear. It's soothing though the ending leave Jimin and me in crisis everytime. I keep telling Jimin that the protagonist  died by suicide while Jimin believed the sickness & heart break devour her. I mean she left him for a reason. She didn't want to let him see her in pain." I didn't realize Taehyung have taken a seat beside us while my souffles pancake already arrived.

He chatter to Namjoon while my eyes feasted. The pancake look so pretty. I couldn't bear to take a bite. But the smells are irresistible.

"The book. Since you are the  you teeditor.Could ll us more? A closure for us at least." Jimin gave a pleading look. He already took a seat beside Taehyung.

"She didn't die actually.." Namjoon bite into his juicy sandwich heartily.

"What..whatt..waittt.. she didn't.." Jimin and Taehyung was shocked. Their face was priceless while Jungkook silently sat with us.

"I stopped her from killing of the protagonist. There was supposed to be another book after that. I even suggested a title. But nothing was ever written after all." Namjoon the sauce smearing his fingers.

"Wait. Whattt..why...whyyy..?????" Jimin looked devastated while Taehyung looking like he lost his soul by Namjoon revelation.

"It's probably my fault." I flipped my hoodie and took another sip of my hot chocolate.

All four set of eyes turn towards me.

"Ah.. sorry guys but will you promised me never to tell anyone things you know today. The truth is Jinri-seonsaengnim.." Namjoon sighed.

"I've gotten into an accident after the book release and end up in a month coma. After that I woke up without any memories. I didn't even remember what I wrote before." I said calmly.

Namjoon's mouth was hanging out and I took another bite of my souffles pancake. It melted in my mouth while Taehyung's hope and Jimin's hope are melted away.

Only Jungkook wearing an indifferent expression. His eyes look as if something finally make sense in his mind.

Song for the chapter: Deli Spice - Chau Chau