Meeting the Garden Boys

Our Garden of Memories

 

"You are the author?"Jimin & Taehyung sported on shocked face.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry for the circumstances. For now the previous Jinri-seonsaengnim is still unconscious you can say, since she only remember her father and Victoria. I'm left with this airhead for my bestie." Namjoon sighed.

"I know this sound unbelievable. But she is that Choi Jinri." Namjoon finished his sandwich.

"Jiminnn- yahh.. I'm absolutely in love with your pancake." I my finger clean.

"Yepp.. this airhead here is that author." Namjoon hold out a tissue for me.

"Tehehe.." I giggled at the face Namjoon was making while I sipped on my hot chocolate.

"It's the truth and I got nothing to hide. It just the higher up in the publishing didn't prefer to disclose the info to public." I fix my hair.

"It gives negative impression with all the book recurring content." Namjoon sighed.

"So I'm sorry that I couldn't discuss the books with you guys since I didn't have any memory about myself." I bowed apologeticly.

"We are honored to be in your presence. You really are young are rumored." Jimin and Taehyung look contents.

" It's okay.. as long you  recover well and safe. That's what really count." Jungkook stood and haul Jimin back to the kitchen.

" You two are staying for lunch right?" He cleared our dirty dishes.

"Stay for lunch okay you two. We can chat later." Jimin grinned as Jungkook shoved the dishes in his hand.

"Tae Tae.. please take the order. you can suggest what Jae-Nuna and Namjoon- hyung would like for their lunch." Jungkook work and spout order efficiently.

So dependable.. just like... Hurmmnn just like who?
The waft of fresh baked loaf filled the Cafe and I sighed in bliss.

It's calming here. I ordered a mint lemonade before Jungkook leave.

"This homework from Victoria. What kind of home work?" Namjoon look puzzled.

I pulleda an envelope out and passed it to Namjoon. He opened it carefully and start reading the manuscript. He is too buried in the manuscript that he didn't realised Jungkook came to serve us with cold lemonade and a plate of bite sizes french toast. I almost drooled at how there's delicious looking fruits cut in bite size with whipped cream and drizzle of maple syrup.

"Jimin said it was his new menu. Care to give some opinion. It's on the house." Jungkook explained as he placed new set of fork at the plate's side.

I thanked Jungkook and wondered as I stared at the plate. It won't be a sin right since everyone around me complained that I'm so skinny

When he really lift his face from the thick chapters.
"What is thiss?" Namjoon look shaken.

"Jimin's extra special french toast?" I finish munching.

"Babe. Not the French toast. I mean this manuscript..." He patted the thick envelope.

"I didn't know." I stare at the garden.

"Jae.." Namjoon softly call me.

"I sincerely didn't know who are those people. It just my head are full of them." I try to pull a smile but I failed.

"I need to talk to Victoria. Do you mind if I borrow this? I need to make an urgent call." Namjoon pick the envelope and his smartphone with a hand. He also pick a bites sized toast and push it into my mouth.

"Uhhh.. yummy.." I hummed as the taste of maple syrup spread inside my mouth.

"Nuna.. what's your favorite food?" Taehyung come over and sat on my side. He didn't bring a menu with him.

"About that.. I practically ate anything served.. but I got something for chocolate drink. They are comforting. Jungkook drawn quite a cute cat." I chatted with Taehyung.

He looked like a deliquent when he keep his silence. But his image dramatically change when he opened his mouth. He's adorable like puppy.

"Does your body hurts after the accident?" Taehyung carefully ask.

 "It was hazy. I supposed I was in coma quite a time. I didn't remember anything. As if I was reborn new. I was trying to build a new life, you knew. As if I went through death and awake without my past Memories." I sipped my drink calmly.

"How do you feel?" Taehyung stare into my face.

"At first it was devastating. I didn't even knew anyone around me.. I don't even knew myself but I realized one day, that as long as I'm alive and keep living as I want. And I could be a someone." I sipped my lemonade again.  

"It's the same thing Old man Park said to me." Taehyung fiddle with his uniform sleeve.

"I was self destructive and he told me that I'm always welcomed here. On nights my dad beats me, he will open up the gate for me. Jimin would prepare warm supper while Jungkook always served my hot chocolate in large stupid unicorn mug." Taehyung scratch his head.

I did lost myself. But this time I wish.. I would never lost who I am. Even if I discover myself to be adissapointment.
"Even if I try reaching the past.. I couldn't do nothing. I'm sick of disappointing myself with my inability to be who I am supposed to. 
Yet I feel that, this is me. The me that should be living happily. There must be a reason my memories are suppressed by itself. I'm sorry that the old me who touched people's heart are gone. I didn't know if she will be back. She must have been through a lot for writing such deep work that bring people to tears." I paused as I watch Taehyung give me understanding look.

He smiled. 

"It's okay, Nuna. To live the way you want. You are breathing. You got life in you.. a warm
 fire. I'm sure you'll be happy."
My eyes moistened and I grinned. 
"Thanks Tae Tae.. thank you dongsaeng."
"Now what about seafood.." He stood. 
"I love seafood.." a small ache reverberating inside my head.
" Seafood's aglio olio then." He chuckled.
I replied as he stood.
"I'll make it 2 since Namjoon-hyung look like he'll eat everything good served to him.
As soon as he hurried to the kitchen I pressed my aching head.
My eyes catch a guy wearing casual clothes and a cap on his head covered his face. He was seated on a table beneath the tree almost half hidden from sight. His hand reached for a coffee takeaway cup handed by Jungkook.
The way he hold the cup stab my conscience. I stood. I went out the cafe closing the distance but he was gone. I stood silently by the garden door. A headache surfaced. 

"Nuna?" Jungkook appears.

"Can.. Can I have a glass of water, please?" I replied, smiling.

"Sure. I'll bring them to your table." Jungkook reply.

He slowly make way to the kitchen. Jimin was decorating a batch of caramel pudding with caramel drizzle. While peaking into the wet kitchen. Taehyung was prepping the ingredients carefully.

" I liked that Nuna. It was different than expected of the sonsaengnim but she's a good person. " Taehyung remarked.

" There's a lot of situations in this world. I'm simply glad I could met Choi-Sonsaengnim. Let's give her the best hospitality that The Garden could offer. " Jimin lift the finished pudding and brought them to the display case.

I smiled at how Jimin-hyung get so spirited.