Chapter 2 /Diary/

A world of his own

"Hey, let's stop for some snacks! You lost the game of cham cham cham this morning right Jungkook-ah?" Taehyung smiles as their car is approaching a convenience store." 

Jungkook is startled out of his thoughts, "oh yeah, you're right. Haha, I've almost forgotten about it." The car pulls over for the boys to buy some snacks. It is already eight pm, they have done several interviews and are clearly very exhausted. Jungkook decides to buy some ice cream,  bread for tomorrow's breakfast and some potato chips. Taehyung is busy choosing gums and he is doing it so cautiously as if it is the most important thing ever. Jungkook finds it both cute and funny. 

Jungkook has always viewed Taehyung as a man with a childlike soul, he has always thought that Taehyung is the only light in this world that would never go dim. Tonight is actually an eye opening night to him, Taehyung's light flickered for the first time in many years.

"V hyung, come on, just take both of them I'll pay for it!" he says. 

"Really!? Really!? You would!?" Taehyung's eyes glimmer. 

"Of course Tae bear." It is actually not intended, the nickname comes out and flows naturally like water, like air. 

Taehyung loves it when Jungkook calls him bear, loves it when he can feel the warmth oozing out from his eyes, loves it when he is just there for Taehyung. He carries the bags of gum and throws them to the bin where every other things are. 

"I can't believe it took you fifteen minutes to choose a pack of gum," says Jin. He looks annoyed, but not really, he is just jokingly annoyed like how he usually is towards all other members. 

"I love you too hyung," says Taehyung with that boxy smile of his that everyone falls for. Jin knows immediately that he can never ever be seriously annoyed by Taehyung. 

***

The TV is on, potato chips are all over the floor, cans of coke and beer are on it too. The members gather together in a circle, everyone except Taehyung. He was the first one to go to the bathroom to take a shower and he has not come out of the bathroom yet. It has only been fifteen minutes, so it is not worrying for them. The movie that is going on right now is actually about a woman who is kidnapped and now trying her best to fix the broken telephone she found in the basement to call for help. It is quite an interesting movie but only some who actually are watching the movie and the rest are thinking about something else. 

"Hey guys, I kind of swear Taehyung shook pretty badly in the first radio interview," says Jin. He just cannot shake the idea off like that without discussing it. This is actually a big thing since Taehyung has never shown any sign of vulnerability all this years. So once he shown it, it worries Jin a lot. 

"It is not the kind where you feel cold and shiver a bit, it is actually serious guys, like he's holding pain," he continues with a mouth filled with potato chips. 

"This is crazy, I don't like the idea of knowing that someone who's so happy all the time, suddenly is feeling nevous, scared, and just generally not happy anymore. This makes me so sad, I don't want my Taehyung to feel pain, emotionally, or even physically," J hope frawns; the hold around his can of beer thighten. The idea of his Taehyung in pain disgusts him. 

"But if we're talking about it, maybe he is usually like that? But he's too good in hiding it?" asks Jimin. Jimin has a hunch, he really has. He does not remember whether it is a dream or reality, but he remembers seeing him sitting on his bed with his back leaning on the head of the bed and mumbling to himself. He looked a little bit worried over something. 

"Hey Tae, are you okay?" asked Jimin while rubbing his eyes to focus his vision more on Teahyung. 

"Oh, sorry Chim did I wake you up?" Taehyung asked with a hint of guilt in his voice. Jimin was allert immediately as he tried to sit up.

"No, no, chim. Go back to sleep, I really am okay, it's just a nightmare." Taehyung tried to calm Jimin down and told him that nothing was wrong. It was just a nightmare, everyone had nightmare, it's not a big deal.

"Then you go to sleep too tae, here," Jimin opened his arm, signalled Taehyung to jump into his arms, so both of them could hug each other to sleep.

"Okay chim," said Taehyung as he went closer to Jimin and hugged him to sleep.

"So the next morning you did not ask him what happened? You did not ask him about the dream? You should've asked why didn't you ask?" Namjoon is not angry or annoyed by Jimin, he is just genuinely curious about it. But he sees Jimin's face slowly turning into the faces of someone who has committed a great crime, immediately he continues, "not like I'm blamming you or anything, I'm just asking." 

"I forgot to ask him."

"Why am I kind of angry?" Yoongi, who has been silent, speaks out. "Why do I feel like he's hiding something, and we just don't know. Why do I feel like he's not hiding it and we are the one who's not catching anything?"

Nobody can answer those questions and nobody feels any different than Min Yoongi. They stay in that silent for a while and the only audible sound are the tv, the clock ticking and their breathing. 

"Hey, I'm done. Anybody wants to use the bathroom? It's already eleven I'm sorry I took so long," Taehyung says while drying his hair with a towel. 

Straight away, Taehyung notices something strange, the room is awfully quite. Not in the sense where there is no sound at all. The tv is playing, the clock is ticking, but no one is talking to each other. The potato chips are left forgotten on the floor, so do the cans of coke and beer, the movie is not playing and it is in a commercial break, there is no reason for them to be focussing on a comercial break. Something wrong must be going on.

"Hey, is everything alright?" asks Taehyung,

Jin is the first one who breaks the silent. "Everything is okay tae, the movie is kind of good, so we were immersed in it." Jin stands up and stretches his body as he says, "okay! It's shower time! Don't worry guys I won't take long!" 

Taehyung watches Jin as he walks to the bathroom and wonders, 'what is happening, this is so unlikely.' "Are you sure nothing is wrong?" asks Taehyung once more. 

Min Yoongi stands up and looks at Taehyung in the eyes, "well, how about you Taehyung. Is there anything wrong with you?" he asks clearly sounds a little bit angry and Taehyung is even more confused this time.

"Well I am okay now, there's nothing wrong with me. Why are you asking hyung?" 

"Oh, I don't know but maybe, just maybe, there are things you are afraid to tell us and hide it from us, and suffer alone without us knowing? Well, not saying that you really does have it, but who knows?" Yoongi says again. He picks up the can of beer on the floor, drink it all in one go and walk away. 

"What's wrong?" Taehyung knows everyone has secret, but why is his so important that everyone is angry about it. 

"It's okay tae, I know you would tell us if something's bothering you, right?" Namjoon is the leader of the group and to be honest, Taehyung is his favorite and he looks after him the most. Namjoon wants to trust him, love him and be there for him when he needs him. 

"Of course hyung," says Taehyung as if it is the most obvious thing ever. And that is the end of it. (Not quite).

***

Another day, another morning, another begining. Namjoon is the first one to wake up and is now reading a book in the living room with a cup of coffee on one hand. Today is an exciting day because they have no schedule. They are not going anywhere and if they are, it is probably for short vacation. Namjoon does not need to wake the other members up because it is free day and he continues enjoying his cup of coffee and his book. 

Namjoon has been reading his book for almost half an hour now, and yet the rest of the members are still sleeping. He closes his book and put it aside. As he about to put his book on top of a small desk next to the sofa, he sees another book has already occupied the space. It's a small book with Kim Taehyung written on top of it. 

"What's this book?" he mumbles. Namjoon flips through the pages of the book and soon realises that it's a diary. Taehyung's diary. He closes it and contemplates whether he should read it or not. If he reads it, it feels like he is invading Taehyung's property. But he really wants to know more about Taehyung. So he opens the last page of the book and starts reading it.