Sixth

Stunning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SIXTH

"Here" Somi's eyes snapped to the hand that was extended towards her.

"His card" The girl stated bluntly, ex-best friend watching from a distance with her arms crossed over her chest, smiling to herself.

"I don't know which one of you is worse" Somi muttered under her breath so that the girl wouldn't hear. She took the card from the girl's hand and stepped back.

"I won't forget this," She told her, making Somi look up from the new card.

"Neither will I" Somi's head bobbed with certainty, and the girl took one last look at Hyungwon, rolling her eyes with a scoff before turning away and pushing through the final pieces of the crowd to leave the cafeteria.

"I think he wants to be alone for a bit," Changkyun told Somi and Hyunwoo as they approached the two. He had tried to help Hyungwon to his feet, but he had refused to move, so Changkyun didn't push him.

"He can return to his card if that's what he wants" Somi nodded, then she watched quietly as Hyungwon did just that.

"This is going to be interesting" Somi sighed under her breath.

"Somi" With the call of her name, Somi turned around to find Hyunwoo holding the forgotten food container.

"Oh, thank you Hyunwoo" She smiled, taking the container and walking back to the table that her stuff was left.

"It's almost time for the next class, isn't it?" She asked to no one in particular, but both Hyunwoo and Changkyun nodded as Changkyun answered her.

"We have two minutes until your next class starts" He informed, and Somi sighed.

"It feels like lunch didn't even happen" With the container back in her back, Somi slung her bag over her shoulder and turned to the two.

"Are we ready, then?" She asked, and they both bowed their heads.

"Ok" She linked her arm through Hyunwoo unscathed arm and nodded her head for Changkyun to follow them.

"Um, Somi" Hyunwoo looked back at the classroom they passed and down at Somi as she kept walking with her eyes forward.

"Yeah?"

"We just passed the next class" He explained.

"I know we did" Somi nodded, and Hyunwoo tried to stop walking, but Somi pulled him forward before he could stop, making Changkyun smile as he followed them down the hall.

"But class starts in two minutes" Hyunwoo pointed out, and Somi nodded again with a hum.

"Exactly, so we have to be quick to use these next two minutes to leave without being seen" She responded, and Hyunwoo looked down at her for a further explanation.

"What? You go to battle and expect me to make you attend the rest of class? Hyungwon's getting the rest of the day off, so that's kind of rigged isn't it?" Somi smiled up at Hyunwoo, pulling him quicker and looking back to make sure Changkyun was still with them as they passed a teacher on the way to their class. She pulled Hyunwoo out the doors of the school and beckoned Changkyun to hurry, grabbing both their hands to make them go quickly towards the school gates.

"Hyunwoo come on man, I know you're injured, but someone is going to see us!" Somi exasperated as Changkyun laughed, pulling Somi along so that she could give Hyunwoo more speed as he looked back at them.

"I just went to battle, and you want me to run but not attend classes?" Hyunwoo retorted with what she had just said to him, and Somi gasped at the rare show of cheek from him.

"Why you" She raised their joint hands to try and bonk him with them, but Changkyun pulling them out of the school gates stopped her from being able to reach.

"There's a teacher!" He exclaimed, and they dropped down so that they wouldn't be seen past the brick gates of the school.

"Keep moving, they're probably coming to close the gates" Somi pushed Changkyun to waddle along, they waddled along the fence. Hyunwoo shook his head, following them despite knowing he should be making Somi go back to school for her education. Instead, they kept the duck walking up until they were sure the school gates we closed, and there were no teachers out to see them if they stood back up.

"I think it would have to be safe now, right?" Somi stopped so that she could pull herself up enough to peek over the fence, Hyunwoo and Changkyun waited in anticipation.

"Yes!" Somi exclaimed, grateful to be able to stand up and ease her legs of the pain they were feeling. Somi pulled Hyunwoo up to see his feet and smiled at him, pulling him along down the path that was wide enough for Changkyun to be able to walk alongside her this time.

"Come on, let's go so that you can rest up and I can cook something."

------------

"Hyunwoo isn't going to like it if you do what I think you're planning to do" Changkyun pointed out as he watched Somi's back. She nodded, agreeing with Changkyun.

"I know, but it would be helping him" Somi put Hyunwoo's card down on the table and pursed her lips as Changkyun approached.

"Im Changkyun!" Somi screeched as Changkyun used his hand on her wrist to make Somi's hand knock on Hyunwoo's card. She jumped, and Changkyun stepped back, bowing his head and hiding his hands behind his back as Hyunwoo appeared with his hands adjusting his shirt and his brows furrowed.

"Somi was going to heal you with her blood!" Changkyun tattled immediately, and Somi's jaw dropped as her eyes widened at the tattle tail hiding his face by keeping his head down.

"I told you I don't want you to do that" Hyunwoo, narrowed his eyes on the card that was on the table next to Somi.

"I know, but I wanted to help you" Somi argued, and Hyunwoo shook his head.

"You don't need to do that," He told her and Somi frowned, pointing her finger at the rat that dobbed on her.

"Why not? I did it for Changkyun and look, he's not deformed in any way."

"Hey" Changkyun frowned as he held his head up again.

"Using your blood won't deform me" He defended himself and Somi waved him off.

"Because this time is different," Hyunwoo told her.

"You're hurt, and he was hurt, how is that different?" Somi shot back.

"Because I'm wounded from fighting for your honour and my honour, so there's meaning behind my wounds. Changkyun, on the other hand, landed in the hands of a prick."

"What?"

"These wounds are an honour," Hyunwoo breathed out, "it means I've done what I had to do so I could protect you, and it faces people as a warning that I would do it up against them too."

"Oh," Somi breathed out as Changkyun stepped away from the two of them. Hyunwoo breathed out slowly in a sigh and looked at Somi.

"I think we need to talk."

"I'll just be, well you know, off in my card minding my business" Changkyun stammered awkwardly in the sombre atmosphere and then he disappeared with his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sit down Somi" Hyunwoo gestured tot he sofa and Somi made the short walk over to it so that she could face Hyunwoo as he took a seat opposite of her.

"I'm not making getting to know each other very easy, am I?" Hyunwoo started as he looked at Somi and then away from her, he reached out for her hand though, and Somi let him, watching in confusion as he held her hand in both of his, looking down at it instead of into her eyes like he usually would do.

"Huh?" Something along the lines of damn right you aren't or you think so? Wanted to spill from her lips, though Somi knew she was to blame just as much as Hyunwoo. Because of her lack of experience as well as her unrealistic expectations.

"To be honest, when I finally saw you I knew I had to be careful in the way I was when it came to you and when we ran into the girl, and her butler called her love, I got more afraid of what could possibly happen, that's why I've been keeping my distance" Hyunwoo explained, and Somi blinked at him as her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter