Second

Stunning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SECOND 

"Do you think she's going to be nice forever?"  Somi asked as Yuri walked away and Hyunwoo took in a breath.

"I do not think you have made a friend" He answered Somi and she hummed in response.

"I was feeling the same way" Somi nodded with a muse.

"Are you ready for lunch, Miss Somi?" Hyunwoo inquired upon the silence that took place between them on the way to Somi's locker.

"Not really Hyunwoo, are you hungry?" Somi asked instead and Hyunwoo shook his head as he answered her in his usual monotone voice.

"I will eat when it is time for the butlers to eat," He told her.

"And when will that be?" 

"When Miss Somi attends her history lesson, that will be time for the butlers to eat" 

"You mean you won't be with me in history?" Somi gasped and Hyunwoo bowed.

"Butlers do not attend history lessons Miss Somi, it is not permitted to do so" Hyunwoo explained to the confused girl who was hurt at the lack of presence Hyunwoo would be providing soon.

"Why don't you?" She grumbled unhappily. Somi looked at Hyunwoo when he didn't answer her in a heartbeat like every other time she spoke and fell open. Hyunwoo was showing hesitance, not wanting to answer her questions for the first time.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Somi told him softly when she realised that answering her question was clearly hard for Hyunwoo.

"I will not answer this question with all due respect then Miss Somi. I apologise for not fulfilling my role because of my selfish needs" Hyunwoo stopped walking to bow at a perfect ninety degrees and Somi scoffed, pushing Hyunwoo's shoulders back so that he would stand up to his full height once again. The lower half of Hyunwoo's body took on the form of a statue and his eyes stared down at Somi as she rolled her eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous," He continued to watch Somi as she continued walking, "everyone has conversations that they don't want to have with people, and this is your conversation you don't want to have. I can respect that since you're human and you need your privacy"

"I am not human though Miss Somi" Hyunwoo corrected and Somi looked back, realising that Hyunwoo wasn't following her like she thought he was.

"What?"

"You will learn in your history lessons, a card residence is not human like you are, Miss Somi" Hyunwoo informed and Somi nodded.

"Ok," The rest of the walk to the lockers was silent. Even as Hyunwoo reached out and unlocked Somi's locker before she could, no words were exchanged when she jumped back in surprise and blinked at him. She bowed her head when he looked down at her and their eyes made contact and she moved forward, hiding in her locker so that Hyunwoo wouldn't see how her cheeks were flushed in embarrassment.

"This way," Hyunwoo told Somi once she stepped back and shut the door to her locker. With a nod of her head, Hyunwoo began walking, leading the way to the cafeteria so that Somi could have lunch.

"Would you like to be seated here?" Hyunwoo asked as Somi stopped in front of an empty table.

"I think so" She nodded, once again reaching out to pull her chair back only to have Hyunwoo beat her to it.

"Thank you, Hyunwoo" Somi bowed politely and held her skirt from rising as she took her seat and Hyunwoo pushed in the chair for her.

"Of course Miss Somi, I will be back with your food" Hyunwoo bowed and turned to leave but Somi reached out, stopping Hyunwoo from leaving with her fingers curled around his sleeve.

"I brought my own food, and something for you in case you were hungry or didn't bring anything" Somi reached into the bag she sat beside her and pulled out two lunchboxes, showing Hyunwoo that she had considered him instead of just herself.

"Miss Somi, butlers cannot eat with their cardholders" Hyunwoo lowered his head and Somi hummed, putting one lunchbox in front of herself and the other next to her.

"I understand" The top popped off the lunch box and slowly Hyunwoo let his head raise again when he was sure Somi wasn't looking at him anymore. He watched over Somi just this once instead of looking straight ahead as he was trained to do. She ate her lunch with content of the sole source of company she had being the butler that stood behind her. She didn't look up when people passed, she ignored the curious stares of other students and the muttering of butlers reminding them to keep moving. She didn't look for anyone that would sit at her table with her and she didn't look for a table with people to sit at.

Hyunwoo wasn't sure how she was content in her own company when all she had was him to keep her safe, and he could only do as little as look back when someone looked at her.

-----------

"I didn't think that I would be seeing you in this place again"

"If serving the Han family brings me here, then I will be here whenever that is" Hyunwoo's voice was monotone and he didn't look up to see who was talking to him. He focused on his food and eating it while he had the chance.

"Are you really? You weren't this strict when I saw you serving Han Mingyeol"

"I am serving his daughter"

"Really? Maybe you should be serving Yuri instead, this daughter seems to be strict on you" Hyunwoo ignored the eyes that went up and down his figure, flashing with concern at how strict and rigid Hyunwoo was sitting, just like he was in his butler training once again, not a single flaw showing in the way he consumed his food.

"Han Yuri is not true blood of the Han family, I only served Han Mingyeol, true to the blood of the Han family, in the past and now I will only serve Han Somi"

"Be careful if you're going to say things like that" The person rushed and Hyunwoo finally looked away from his food and to them, but his eyes didn't stay on them for long, not when he could feel another heated stare pinned on him.

"That, is Yoo Kihyun, the butler of Han Yuri. He's not like you, he won't be strict on his training and he will act without command if you upset him" Hyunwoo looked away from Kihyun, his interest was gone and he cared no longer for the heated stare that was wishing to set him on fire after the statement of one fact.

"So be it if that is how he wants to be" Hyunwoo answered, mixing his rice into the sauce of his food that was finally noticed by the butler trying to converse with Hyunwoo.

"He would be punished and I would not have to do anything"

"That's not the food we're normally given" The butler noted and Hyunwoo's chin lowered in the smallest of nods.

"Miss Somi made it for me to eat" Hyunwoo answered curtly to end the conversation. With a ponder aloud, the butler walked away, but the pair of fiery eyes didn't leave.

When Hyunwoo let his eyes trail up with raising his head, the eyes of Yoo Kihyun were more concerned for his food than they suddenly were for Hyunwoo.

------------

"There you are Hyunwoo"

"As promised Miss Somi" Hyunwoo bowed in a humble manner and Somi's lips quirked into a smile.

"How was your lunch break?" She asked him and Hyunwoo took that as his sign to stand to his full height once more.

"I enjoyed the lunch you prepared me, thank you very much Miss Somi" Hyunwoo bowed again and Somi felt eyes on her when she nudged Hyunwoo back to his full height.

"What class do I have next Hyunwoo?" She asked, smiling as Hyunwoo's words echoed in her mind. Hyunwoo swiftly took out the timetable for Somi's classes to read what was next on the agenda.

"Your next class is Physical Ed"

"Physical Ed?" Somi hummed.

"Yes Miss Somi" Hyunwoo confirmed and Somi breathed out, her eyes trailed up to look at Hyunwoo, who was walking beside her.

"It won't be that bad, right?" She inquired, she had a feeling within herself that something was coming for her and it would take place in this next class.

"Be careful Miss Somi" Hyunwoo held out an arm at the same time the butler of a girl with her nose stuck to the pages of her books pulled her aside. Somi's hand fell on Hyunwoo's bicep and stayed there as Hyunwoo guided her to walk while she looked back, bowing her head to the butler that apologised to her profusely.

"Physical Ed will all depend on how healthy you are physically Miss Somi" Hyunwoo started talking again and Somi looked to him again.

"That much I understood" Somi's head bobbed.

"It will also be the time used for a butler and their cardholder to get to know each other better. You'll be taught how to communicate and work effectively with your butlers, as well as having the chance to strengthen your cards all the way to level R if you choose to do so. The class is strongly based on trust and strength building"

"Oh?" Somi's mouth was open and Hyunwoo stopped in front of her locker that she hadn't noticed getting closer.

"Holding a deck of cards comes with responsibility," Hyunwoo told her as Somi opened her locker.

"I see, is there any theory for Physical Ed or is it just practical?" Somi asked.

"Theory classes are on Thursday's," Hyunwoo told her with her timetable getting easier to remember. It was Tuesday, so Somi reached for her bag containing her clothes for Physical Ed that were waiting to be used. Hyunwoo shut the locker and made sure that it was locked before using his hand to gesture for Somi to walk forward.

"I'll show you where the change r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter