-START-

Hunting Season

Yoonmi groaned as her alarm went off. Seven in the morning, bright and early, the sun cascaded through her window. She had been so tired last night she just got her stuff in order and passed out in her clothes. Disheveled, her arm shot out of the covers to turn it off. 

“Why is school necessary again…” She croaked out, talking to herself as usual. 

Yoonmi shuffled to the bathroom for a much needed hot shower. She let her muscles relax and gradually woke up under the stream of water. In her head swirled the events of yesterday, her schedule, and the map of the school. Class didn’t start until 9am, but she feared getting lost so Yoonmi rose early. She slipped out of the shower and started getting ready for the day. 

A longer skirt…what a blessing. What should I have for breakfast?

Idly, Yoonmi dried her hair and did her skincare routine. After putting on the school uniform, she decided to put some effort in and applied light makeup. 

“First impressions or whatever I guess.” One last look in the mirror and she grabbed her bag and left, humming happily thinking of what treats the meal hall would have to offer. 

——————————————————-♠︎♣︎♥♦︎︎————————————————————

“Alright, everyone. We’ve gathered this morning to discuss wether or not to initiate Playboy with the new student.” Suho announced. 

The boys had gathered in their lounge area for somewhat of a team meeting. They didn’t have regular dorms like the others, but instead a large apartment-style room at the top of the male dorm. Deciding if they wanted to play and setting ground rules was very important, so all the boys were there, well all except…

“Where’s Kai?” Asked Xiumin, looking around the room. The group glanced at Sehun, after all they were the closest, both being the youngest. 

Sehun threw his hands up. “How exactly am I supposed to know?” 

“Oh, don’t tell me, again…” Chen snickered. 

“I was just sleeping, you .” The boys heads turned around. Kai yawned, scratching his head. His uniform was unkempt, but none the less he was ready to go. 

“It truly amazes me that you can sleep with anything with a pulse.” Baekhyun frowned. 

“Hey, just because you’re Mr. Mary, doesn’t mean I have to be.” Kai said apathetically. Baekhyun’s mouth dropped and he was ready to get into it, when D.O. interjected. 

“Jongin-ah, you know we’re not supposed to sleep with them…no matter how much they want it, it’s just taking it too far.” He sighed as Kai sat next to him. 

“Yeah, I know…I told her what she was getting into, besides it won’t happen again…sorry, hyung.” Kai mumbled, he looked at the group apologetically. He just couldn’t help it sometimes, he was a teenage boy after all. 

“Well, ehem, now that everyone has joined us let me repeat myself. Do we want to play Playboy with the new student?” Suho reiterated. 

The boys took a second to think. Xiumin and Suho had technically already graduated, but were staying to act as TAs this year in order to gain better experience to take over their family businesses. Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, and D.O. were all seniors and would be graduating. Kai and Sehun had just entered their junior year. It was time that the boys got serious and left these sort of childish competitions behind, but it really brought their group together. 

“I mean…why don’t we for old times sake? Plus I found her so-“ Chanyeol started. 

“Is this about An Yoonmi?” Kai asked. Again, as if controlled by a puppet master, all the boys heads turned in his direction. 

“You know her name?” 

“Ya, this is unfair if he knows her!” 

“Yoonmi sounds like a cute name…” 

“OKAY OKAY! Everyone calm down…Kai would you care to explain how you’ve come to now, uh, Miss An Yoomin?” Suho said in an exasperated tone. 

“I don’t know, I just saw a girl I hadn’t seen before in the cafeteria last night.” Kai seemed unfazed. Chanyeol shifted in his seat, visibly irked that Kai had found out his mystery girls name before he could. 

An Yoonmi…pretty name for a pretty girl.

“Okay, Kai knows her big deal, are we gonna do this or what? Because personally I would like to eat before class and time is ticking.” Chen stood. It was time to make a decision. 

“All in favor in initiating Playboy, raise your hand.” Seven hands raised in the air. “All those not in favor.” A sole hand raised in the air. 

The boys looked quizzically at the one man opposition. Baekhyun bit his lip, crossing his arms over his chest protectively. 

“I just…” He sighed. I just can’t do it anymore. “I don’t know…let’s do it. One last time before graduation. For you guys.” Baekhyun gave into his friends. 

But I won’t be trying very hard…

“Alright, that decides it! An Yoonmi is our new subject for Playboy, we will proceed with the regular rules. And of course, you all know what the winner gets so…see you all on the other side. Meeting adjourned!” Suho gave a grand gesture and the boys laughed. 

Just like that, they were off to the races. Whoever won An Yoonmi’s heart had something big in store for them - in more ways than one.