Episode 2 - Journey To The Newland

Seven Seas Apart

Recap : Indian girl Riya is a good singer. She met SHINee in a after concert party. She got a chance of her solo debut as singer and went to Paris for Music Video shoot. Again met SHINee there coincidentally. She got to know that she had fallen in a flash racket trap and tried to escape.

 

 

Meanwhile, someone entered into the car. !! Minho again!! He got scared as he looked me just next to him and tried to scream. I just put my hand on his mouth and requested not to scream and I was looking whether that woman and her people were gone or not. Suddenly I felt that for a long time I was pressing his mouth with my hand, because he was staring at me with wonder by that time. I removed my hand and tried to explain what happened with me and how I escaped. 

-“Please help me. I’ll never forget your favor.” 

Someone knocked the door and asked, “Hyung, mun yeol-eo?” 

Minho just covered me with his coat and answered him, “Take another car and tell manager hyung that today I’ll drive by myself to the Airport.”  He started to drive. Finally I took a deep breathe. 

After reaching to airport I suddenly found that I forgot to take my wallet. As a result I asked to him, “Can you please borrow me money. I forgot my wallet in hotel. As soon as I reach India, I’ll surely give back your money.” 

-“Do you think they’ll leave you in India? They’ll definitely find you and again will try to harm you because already you knew their truth.” 

-“So, what will I do now?” 

-“Call your parents that you are safe and you’re going to another location for shooting and not to tell anybody about your information as this is against company policy. I’m booking your ticket to Korea as one of our team members. Will it be okay for you?” 

I thought it might be better for me to go with them as because they are celebrity and would have less connection with crime. 

So, I agreed. 

I was too frightened but I had to take the flight and go with them as because there was no better option for me then. 

It was first time for me in business class in flight. Wah!! Large space between chairs, hospitality of the air hostesses – all were just awesome. Minho had some distant from me as I was sitting with other crew members. I was about to enter to the lavouratory , meanwhile Someone came to me and asked, “Excuse me, noona!! Are you with us here? Because I did not see you before.” 

-“Yes. But I joined you guys here. Feel  free if you need something.” 

-“Oh then you must know who am I?” 

I was looking at him with surprise. He understood the situation and said, ”Okay, I’m Lee Taemin. Maknae of SHINee. I’m the youngest.” 

-“Oh nice to meet you. But my name is Riya.” 

-“Aahh!! Ok then go ahead.” He smiled and returned to his seat. 

It was around three hours after the take-off, all crew members were sleeping. I was trying to look through the windows. Suddenly someone came and sat on the empty seat beside me. 

-“You too are awake!! Thank God I was feeling bored there. You may be from our crew, right? Newly employed?” 

I looked at him. He was not Minho nor Taemin. –“Yes” 

-“Hi! I’m Key. This is my stage name. Full name is Kim Ki-bum. Which department are you from? Camera, management, Costume or Make up?” 

I swallowed and said, “Management.” 

-“Wow great! But you are not a Korean. Where do you belong?” 

-“India.” 

-”hmm interesting. This is my first time to meet any Indian. Nice to meet you.” 

-“Nice to meet you too.” 

-“So this is your first time to Korea, right?” 

-“Yes.” 

-“Don’t worry. We are now friends. You will be no longer alone there.” 

-“Thanks.” 

-“So, how do you come to this field, as I know Indians don’t know about KPOP.” 

It was going to harder for me to answer his questions. I was thinking what to answer, then Minho came and said, “You are not sleeping yet. Hyung, what are you doing here?” 

-“Oh Minhoaa!! Meet our new team member .. a a a..” 

-“Riya” 

-“Oh you guys have already met. Wahh!!” 

-“It’s a long story. I’ll tell you while we’ll be in Korea.” 

-“Ok then, Ms. Riya we are going. See you in Seoul. Bye.” 

-“Bye” I smiled at them. I don’t know but my fears were going away little by little. May be it’s their friendliness, which made me feel ease with them. 

In morning we landed at Incheon International Airport. As soon as we went off the flight Minho came near to me and told me to wait near backside exit. I nodded. 

He went to his manager and requested him as he wanted to stay back there for having some rest. Later I knew that Incheon is Minho’s hometown. He took me to a hotel. 

At the reception he was booking room. What he took only one room?? 

He smiled and said, “It is only for you. I’ll not stay with you. You know I’m a celebrity. I can’t afford any scandal. So, don’t worry.” 

-“No, I’m not worried. Nothing.” I just smiled. 

-“Wahh!! Now I look you’re beautiful with a smile. So what about our friendship?” 

-“Really you think without smile I’m not beautiful? Ha ha ha.. Then how come we’ll be friends??!!” We both laughed. 

I entered into that room. Minho said, “Anything you need just call room service.” 

-“What!! Room service only? I thought you may give your number to call you”, I smiled. 

-“Don’t fall for me. I’ll be dangerous.”, he smiled me back. 

-“No you can’t.” 

At that moment his phone rang and he took that call. 

-“What is the matter?” 

-“Nothing. Tomorrow I’ll take you to Seoul. In evening someone will come and give you a phone. You can call your parents then. Then bye.” 

-“Bye” 

Finally I went to bed and slept. In evening doorbell rang. There was a boy who give me a phone and then left. It was a brand new smart phone with Minho’s number saved in it. I called my home. They were so worried. But they understand it and told me to be aware all the time and keep contact with them. 

Next morning Minho called me to come down to reception. I went there. What the hell!! I didn’t notice it before. He is handsome even in normal clothes!! Any how we left the hotel. 

He was driving while he said, “We are now going to Indian embassy to get your visa here.” 

_”Okay and thanks. And sorry also for being a trouble to you.” 

-“It’s okay as long as you are fine. At least I can do this much for my friend.” 

I kept mum. 

-“You are quite, that means we’re friends now.. Yes.. Finally.. You’re the toughest friend I’ve ever had.” 
I smiled at him. 

In short time we reached to Indian embassy. He said me to come out of the car. We both entered there. After security check Minho took me to Consulate general’s chamber. I explained my whole situation there and pleaded for a South Korean Visa. He said me, “You need a granter, only then there is a way to get Korean Visa.” 

I looked at Minho, he smiled at me. 

-“Okay. I can be the granter.” 

Mr. General – “What is the relation between you two?” 

Minho – “We are friends.” 

Mr. General – “That is not a valid reason to be a grantor. You must have a strong reason to keep her here.” 

He looked at me. I had no clue what to do then and how to respond. He understood and told me not to worry. 

-“I am your friend. I’ll never let you in danger. But from now on whatever I’ll do for you must have to trust me. Will you be okay with it?” 

I seriously then had no idea. I just thought whatever it’ll be; at least it’ll better to go back to the hell, from where I just escaped. So I nodded. 

Minho – “She is my Yeojachingu, my Fiance. Isn’t it a good reason to stay here.” 

Mr. General – “”Okay. If it is this situation, then I’ve nothing to stop her from getting a visa.” 

After some legal procedure we left embassy. We were again in car. This time I asked Minho, ”Are you crazy? Why did you tell them that I’m your fiancé? You are a celebrity. Whole nation now will misunderstand us. As well as you’ll have nothing left to explain our situation?” 

-“Don’t worry. I’ve already requested them to keep it a top secret. They’ll not let it come out.” 

-“I’m counting on you. I don’t like so many fierce mother-in-law. Because then everybody of this country will behave with me as my strict mother-in-law.” 

We both laughed loudly. After half an hour we came to Seoul. He parked his car outside of their dormitory. 

-“Wait for sometime. I’ll be right back.” 

He went to their manager Hyung. 

Manager – “What? Who is here with whose permission? Are you mad?” 

Minho – “Hyung, try to understand she was in danger. As a human my first responsibility was to protect a woman from danger, right?” 

Manager – “Up to protect her was okay. But why did you bring her here? You’ve already done your duty. And what will she do? We don’t even know her qualification?” 

Minho – “She is a singer I knew that from before. I listened her singing while we went to India.” 

Manager – “Are you serious? Because I’m now going to report it to SM director.” 

Minho – “Please hyung try to understand I can’t abandon her in this situation. She believed me as a friend.” 

Manager – “This is dangerous. I will not let it gonna happen.” 

Minho – “If I’ve already announced her as my fiancé, then also you will not cooperate with me?” 

Meanwhile other four members of SHINee came out of their room and gathered there. After listening their conversation they all were blanked…..!!!!!! 

All – “What?? What did you just say?” 

Minho – “Yes for getting her visa, I’ve already introduced her as my fiancé in front of Consulate General of India in South Korea.” 

Suddenly all kept mum. It was a pin drop silence. 

Writer's Note : What will happen to Riya in the new country? Will all of them accept the situation and let Riya stay there? Please comment down your thoughts here.