Episode -1 : When We Met

Seven Seas Apart

I’m a girl. Yes, I am. I will not close myself in any type of unrealistic bonds. I can do all what a man can do. … - This was me before one year ago, while I was leaving my home to earn, not only money but my identity in this world.

Before I start I will like to introduce myself here. I was born in a small town in Eastern part of India. My Mom and dad did their best for raising me as an established girl. I completed my Graduation but was unemployed for over a year. In a lower middle class family it was quite unfortunate. My parents are my responsibility as I am their lone child. In one morning it was raining heavily and I was outside, was searching for at least a news of employment. Suddenly my phone rang. It was my mom, “Your papa is not well. Come home fast.” I just ran from there and went home. There were so many people outside of my home. I got scared. Someone called doctor. He (Doctor) called me outside and said, “I afraid it is a blockage in heart. You need to take care as soon as possible.” I just broke down there. “What?? What should I do now??” Mom was crying. So, there was no time for me to waste. I just went to her and wiped her tears and said, “Don’t worry. I’ll not let any situation to make you and papa cry anymore.” Then we borrow a huge sum of money for my father’s treatment. But it was too hard to earn and maintain family for me and my mom both. I was doing part time jobs in a restaurant in morning, in a convenience store in evening. Sometimes I went to different cities across India to perform with my friend’s band, if they needed. Oh, I was trained in Indian Classical music for 3 years, while I was teen. But in a band along with rock and Hip Hop songs, it was pretty difficult for me to perform!! Still, I had to do all. 

Now, the story begins how I transformed into what I am now.

Once I was performing in Chennai (a city in South India). It was a concert for a KPOP boy band, SHINee. We were there to perform in morning, like other Indian Bands, who were there to perform just before SHINee. The pianist wanted lyrics of our newly composed song. I was running from first floor to the rehearsal stage. Suddenly I just slipped in little water just in front of men’s washroom. In another second I felt that someone just was holding me in his arm and asked with worry, “Gwaenchana??”  I was feeling too embarrassed to lift my head up and see who was he. Anyhow I had to answer. But how can I answer because it seems like alien’s language to me. What did he ask??!! That guy then again asked me and this time in English, “Are you okay?” Then I stood up straight and answered him without looking at him at all, “Yes. Thank you.” He was about to ask me another thing but I just ran away from there as because I was feeling super embarrassed.

Anyhow our concert went well. After concert there was a party open to all band members and other executives of the program. We were all enjoying there. Some were busy to dance; some were busy to have autograph and selfie with the Korean singers. Some were busy to show them off to different personnel if they could manage any project from their enterprise. There were a few people who were silently enjoying their food alone. I was sitting in a remote corner from the stage alone. Suddenly one guy came to my table and asked, “May I sit here?” I replied, “Sure.” I was about to eat my chicken, he asked, “Are you Indian?”

-“Yes”

-“Today you did a good job on stage.”

-“Thanks”

-“What is your name?”

-“Sorry?”

-”Name, Name?”

-“Riya”

-“Aahh”

I felt weird and left the table. After that night we went to our home.

After few days I received an email from one Agent as their agency would like to give me a chance to be a singer. I was too excited and happy that almost I fainted. My parents were hesitating, but I forced them to give me permission to go to Paris to shoot the Music Video. “Finally, I will be able to do something my own.” The day came and I started for Mumbai. They took me to Paris. My first day in Paris went well; I took all day rest cause from the next day I was going to start shoot. In evening while I came to hotel’s lobby to get some fresh air I found some guys were having fun there. Oh My God!! They are the same boys from SHINee, whom I saw in Chennai earlier!! I just pretended that I didn’t know them and moved forward. Suddenly a familiar voice called my name, “Hey!! Riya!!”

Again I started running. It was the same guy from the party. “Oh my God!! Where should I hide myself?” I hid behind a statue and my fortune!! That guy even was there from before and I just screamed. He put his hand on my mouth to stop me but I bit him.
–“Ouch! Hey why were you running away all time I met you? “

-“I don’t know you. So why I’ll answer you?”

-“Okay, fine. But we can atleast talk to each other while we’ll meet just like now. And you met me before, so we are not strangers now, right?”

I thought if he is friendly towards me then it’ll be rude if I say ‘No’ to him.

-“Okay”

-“I’m Minho, Choi Minho. I’m a member of KPOP boy group SHINee. Basically a rapper.”

-“I’m Riya, from India.”

-“Then friends?”

-“I’ll think. Pardon me, I’ve to go now.”

-“Bye, I hope we’ll meet again. Tonight we’ve 1am flight to Korea.”

-“Bye, have happy and safe journey.”

Then I returned to my room. After Dinner I was trying to have some sleep but due to excitement I was all awake though my eyes were closed. Suddenly my roommate’s phone rang and she was talking very silently.

-“Yes, she is sleeping. Don’t worry.”

-“Okay, I’ll mix sleeping pill to her breakfast tomorrow.”

-“Tell your people to parcel her to our party. She is young. We can get a good price of her.”

-“Okay, bye. I’m hanging the phone. Otherwise she’ll wake up. Good night.”

She then cut the call and went to sleep.

“Oh my God!! It is a flesh racket!! What do I do now?” I was going crazy. I thought for a while and decide to escape from there. It was 10:30pm.

I took my passport and my essentials with me. Checked the other roommate whether she is awake or not. She was sleeping. Then I silently opened the door and started to run. From the door sound she woke up and started to chase me. I went down to the entrance of the hotel. There two cars were standing. I just entered into one of them. She and her people were searching all over for me. I had no courage to get down from the car.

Meanwhile, someone entered into the car. !! 

Writer's Note : There is a space for readers to imagine what will going to happen with Riya?! Readers can comment down their thoughts.