Chapter 2 — Boo!

How We Became From Awkward To Intimate

 

Chapter 2 — Boo!

 

Minah smiled to herself and went back in the house, headed to the guest room and screamed.

“AAAAH!”

Just as soon she opened the door, she saw Yura’s face glowing into the dark room. Turns out, Yura was only holding up a flashlight over her face. The older laughed hysterically at Minah’s reaction, and of course, she laughed along.

“You meanie!” Minah said as she lay down beside her best friend.

Yura giggled, “Love you too~”

“Yeah, yeah. Now let’s get to sleep,” Minah rolled around to lie on her back

Yura pouted, “Noooooooooo~ tell me more!” she whined

Minah blinked, “Dude, no. You need rest,”

“I don’t need it! I’m perfectly fine!”

Minah rolled back on her stomach and eyed her, “Chincha?”

Yura rolled her eyes, “Well, not anymore since you decided not to tell more of your story,”

Minah giggled, “Fine!” she squealed, making Yura grin and wiggly, “So, where’d I stop?”

“Uhm… stop still… I need to go to the bathroom,” Yura smiled sheepishly

Minah laughed, “Arasseo. The bathroom’s down the hall,”

“Thanks,” Yura stood up and went out

Meanwhile, Minah lied down on her back again, closing her eyes and relaxing for a moment until Yura comes back. But then there were noises heard.

*knock on the window*

Minah’s eyes flustered open and looked around furiously. She gulped. She was so much of a scaredy cat. “Y-Yura unni?”

*knocknock*

“Yura unni! The-the door’s open…” she shook, thinking as if it was Yura knocking

*KNOCKNOCKNOCK*

Minah squealed, “Y-YAH!” she managed to exclaim

‘meeenaaaaaaaaahhhh’ a blurry voice was heard

Minah immediately looked up at the window which was in front of her, she took a deep breathe and stood up, walking slowly towards the window. As she took a better view, she screamed.

“AAAAAH!”

‘Meeeenaaaaaaaaahhhhhh’

Minah clasped with her hands then released them gently, gulping, “S-Sungyeol…” she whispered, panting heavily. It happens every time whenever she gets nervous, scared or just slightly tired.

‘Open up!’ he wrote on the cold glass of the window.

Minah shook her head in displeasure and opened the window, glaring into her boyfriend’s head, “You are so dead,”

“I love you t-WHOA!“ he stopped midsentence when he fell over Minah when he tried to go in, his eyes widened at the position, “W-Woops?” he sheepishly smiled

Minah blushed, “GET OFF ME!” she yelled

But before he could move, the door burst opened and there appeared Yura. The blonde girl’s eyes widened, “EEP,” she squealed, closing her eyes tight and covering it with one hand, “What do you guys think you’re doing?!”

The two furiously blushed, “N-NOTHING!”

Minah pushed Sungyeol off her and he fell beside, “Unni, we were gonna do anything, I swear!”

Yura took a deep breathe, “No-no-no-no-no, I believe you but… why is he still here? I thought you sent him off?”

Minah paused and raised an eyebrow, turning to Sungyeol, “Yes. I was gonna ask the same thing,”

Yura looked at her with a confused look, “You mean he sneaked up on you?”

Minah furrowed her brows and nodded. Yura gaped at Sungyeol and glared, “Lee Sungyeol…”

Sungyeol panicked, “U-Uh… well… I… got lost!”

“Psh, sure,”

“I mean… I am home,” he calmly said

Both girls raised their brows in unison.

“Where Minah is, is my home,”

Minah blushed as Yura’s eyes widened and squealed at the cheesy pick-up line, but then even though Minah thought it was sweet as well, she refused to get in. “Lee Sungyeol, go home,”

“I am home!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“I’ll kiss you if you don’t stop,”

“I’ll kick you out in the bad way if you do,”

Sungyeol immediately shut his mouth up. Even though Minah would be ridiculously nice, she could be very serious with her words. Minah looked at him and giggled, “But seriously, why are you here?”

“I miss you,” the boy pouted, giving her glances

“Sungyeol, no pick-up lines!”

“That wasn’t a pick-up line, it was an honest line!” he protested

“Fine. But… you have to go regardless. If my dad or Yongguk oppa sees you in here, they’ll kill you. Even though I beg them to stop,”

“Will you even beg?” Sungyeol teased, Minah stuck her tongue out and punched his arm

“How about your step-mom?” Yura innocently asked

Minah shrugged, “She won’t care,” Yura just nodded in understanding. Minah looked back at Sungyeol, “Go~” Sungyeol pouted. Minah did the same, “Please?”

Sungyeol stopped his mini-aegyo and nodded immediately, “Ne,”

Minah giggled, ‘Works every time~’ she thought sneakily. “I’ll see you tomorrow, promise,” she said as she walk Sungyeol out the guest room door

Sungyeol stopped outside the door and faced her, “It is tomorrow,” he true-factly remarked, smirking slyly

Minah rolled her eyes and smiled, “Bye,”

“Goodnight,” Sungyeol stole a kiss on her cheek and went downstairs, this time, actually thinking of going home.

Minah closed the door and looked back at Yura who was already lying down on the beds on her tummy with a sly grin; “You two… are so cute,”

Minah giggled and approached her, lying down beside Yura, “Sure,” she shrugged.

“Now, continue~”

Minah nodded then paused, “Wait… where did I stop?”

“He kissed you at the night of the dance competition,” Yura grinned

“Right,”

Sungyeol pulled away slowly and waited for her reaction. Meanwhile, Minah just stood still and stared into space. The boy gulped, “M-Minah?”

Minah shook her head to reality and looked up, blushing, “W-Why…”

“If you’re asking why, it’s because you won the Dominos game, re-remember?”

Minah barely nodded, still partly out of the world, “R-Right…”

“And… because I wanted to,” Sungyeol mumbled, luckily Minah didn’t hear it considering she’s still daydreaming. Sungyeol sighed, “Let’s go back. They’re probably waiting,” and then again, Minah just mindlessly nodded and followed Sungyeol

“Wait, what? You guys just kissed, he didn’t even ask you out?!” Yura exclaimed

Minah chuckled, “Relax, not done yet,”

“OOOH, more moments,” Yura grinned

Minah giggled, “Right,”

INFINITE & The Girls then went out for ice cream then headed to the park. It was already 8 in the night and Hyeri was with Dongwoo & Sunggyu playing Frisbee, Minah was with Woohyun & Hoya playing tag while Sungyeol was with Sungjong sitting on a park bench.

“Heads up!” Hyeri exclaimed as she toss the Frisbee, but still being the pro on playing it, she failed to toss it properly. Sunggyu & Dongwoo laughed at her cuteness while she pout.

Dongwoo chuckled, “Here, I’ll teach you!” he offered, walking towards her with the Frisbee in his hand. Dongwoo shyly put his arms around her, beginning to teach her. Meanwhile, Hyeri smiled and tried to learn while Sunggyu watched them afar with a smile.

On the other hand,

“MWAHAHAHA. YOU CAN’T CATCH ME!” Minah sneakily got away from Hoya’s grip and run away.

Hoya gasped and yelled, “YAH! COME BACK!”

“ANDWAAEEEE!” Minah laughed as she run away faster, but her fun was over when Woohyun caught her in his arms with a sly grin. Minah gasped, “KYAAA. LET ME GO~”

Woohyun laughed, “No, no, Minah,” he tightened his hug

Meanwhile, Sungyeol was watching obviously with jealousy. He was glaring through Woohyun’s head while Sungjong watched him get angry, “H-Hyung, gwenchana?”

Sungyeol didn’t even lie, instead, he honestly shook his head, “I hate Woohyun hyung,” he whispered

Sungjong pouted, “I know how you feel, hyung,” he glanced over at Dongwoo chasing Hyeri around because she had pulled a trick on him, “I wish I was Dongwoo hyung,”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and approached Woohyun & Minah, “Yah, hyung, stop,”

Woohyun blinked and looked up at Sungyeol, “Eh?”

Sungyeol was about to take Minah’s hand and go away until Dongwoo started shouting, “YOU BASTARD. WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

Minah’s eyes grew wide and everyone’s attention turned to him. They all watched as Dongwo punched the mysterious man. The girls gasped along with the others. Hoya, being the closest to Dongwoo & knowing who the man was, came to Dongwoo and teamed up with him.

“YAH, DONGWOO. STOP. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Sunggyu yelled, approaching them. The others, except Sungjong, left the girls to try to stop Hoya, Dongwoo and the man to go further. Sungjong securely put his arms around Minah and Hyeri as if to protect them if they were possibly scared, but truth is, the girls were calm while Sungjong looked as if he was to wet his pants any time soon.

“Lee Hyeri? Is that you?” the teenager said, Hyeri gasped as the man was getting familiar for her

“Get away from her,” Dongwoo warned through gritted teeth

Hyeri hid her face onto Sungjong’s shoulder while Sungjong fully hugged her with both arms. Minah frowned, “What’s wrong, Hyeri?”

“He’s back,” Hyeri whispered, secretly sobbing onto Sungjong’s shoulder

Minah blinked and turned her gaze at the man. She gasped as she realized who it was, “It’s…”

“Unni, please…”

Minah was oblivious and clueless about the situation so she tried to stay away and try to figure out what’s happening.

“What’s going on here? Hyeri, what’s wrong?” Sungyeol, being her brother, asked protectively

“W-We can’t tell you, Sungyeol,” Dongwoo lowered his head

“WHAT? Why!? Tell me!” he demanded

Minah sighed and approached him, “Relax,”

“How can you relax while your best friend is there, sobbing? Do you know what’s going on here?!”

Minah looked down and shook her head quietly, making Sungyeol sigh heavily in displeasure, “Yah, you. You’re-“ he stopped midsentence as he took a good glance at who he was, “Dong Hyunjoo?”

Hyunjoo looked down and gulped, “Hey, hyung,”

“What’s going on?”

“It’s best if Hyeri lets you know, Sungyeol,” Hoya put a hand on the taller boy’s shoulder

Sungyeol let out another sigh and looked at Hoya sternly, “I’m her brother. She needs to tell me. You guys need to tell me. Either way, I have the right to know,”

Hyeri got out of Sungjong’s grip and ran over to Sungyeol, hugging him, “Oppa… please,”

Sungyeol her hair and frowned, “What’s wrong?”

“Let’s go home,” she whispered

Sungyeol nodded and took her away, “Let’s go home,”

The others nodded and followed while Minah remained on her place, staring at Hyunjoo. And as the others were no longer in sight, “What really happened?” she said

Hyunjoo cleared his throat and looked at Minah nervously, “It’s… it’s nothing…” he mumbled

“Look,” Minah began, “I may not be her sister, mother or someone she’s related with, but I’m her best friend. I need to know these things too,”

“I… I just wanted to apologize,” Hyunjoo mumbled once again

Minah sighed, “You know, what? Whatever.” She was about to turn and walk away until Hyunjoo took her hand, unfortunately, Hoya saw it.

“YAH, LET GO OF HER,” Hoya ran towards them and punched Hyunjoo.

Minah gasped, “Hoya! Stop!” she took his by the waist and walked back, taking a glance at Hyunjoo, “What did you really do?” knowing she wouldn’t get an answer, she & Hoya walked away to the car

“Are you okay, Minah?” Hoya asked worriedly

Minah gave a reassuring smile, “I’m fine,” Hoya sighed. Minah then looked at Hyeri, “Hyeri,”

“Unni, please,” Hyeri sobbed

“You’re gonna tell me whether you like it or not,” Minah said sternly

Hyeri buried her face onto Sungjong, “I don’t want to talk about it…”

Minah just sighed.

“What happened?” Yura pouted

Minah shrugged and giggled, “Hyeri didn’t tell us at the end,”

Yura frowned, “Must be really personal,” Minah just nodded, “But Dong Hyunjoo was Hyeri’s crush, right?”

Minah snickered, “Yeah. I wonder what happened,”

The next day, there was school. Minah & Hyeri walked in with laughter and smiles.

“So, unni~ What happened last night with Sungyeol oppa?” Hyeri cooed

Minah blinked and grinned, “Oh, well… you know…” she smiled to herself, blushing

“Tell me! I also saw you getting hugged by Woohyun oppa and Sungyeol oppa getting jealously angry~”

Minah laughed, “It’s just that-“

“Hyeri!” a call from afar called

The girls both turned around and saw Sungjong running towards them. “Oh, hi, Sungjongie/oppa~”

Sungjong smiled, “Can I borrow Hyeri for a moment?”

Minah smirked, “What kind of moment?” she winked as she teased

Sungjong blushed and laughed nervously, “Umm, well…”

“Arasseo. Have fun to whatever you guys are gonna do, alright?~” Minah eyesmiled, “I’ll tell you later about it, okay?” she whispered to Hyeri

Hyeri smiled back, looking at Sungjong afterwards. “Oppa,”

Sungjong looked back, “Ah, ne. See you, Minah!” they walked away

Minah smiled and waved, turning back around and walking away. But then her steps were stopped just as soon someone stood in front of her, almost bumping into Minah. “Oh!” she blinked, looking up, “Hoya oppa,” she smiled

Hoya smiled back, “Hey. Um… so, are you really okay?”

“Aigoo~ I told you, yes! He just touched me that’s all,” she mumbled, losing eye contact

“Yeah, that’s what Hyeri said as well,” Hoya mumbled, making Minah look up

“Ne?!”

“Ah, nothing,”

“Oppa… you know something I don’t.”

“Hyeri… she told you she doesn’t want to talk about it, right?”

“Yeah but-“

“But what? I know even though I tell you, you’ll talk her about it. And… you know she doesn’t want that,”

Minah frowned, “Arasseo,”

Hoya sighed, “Mian…”

“Ani. It’s okay~” Minah flashed an reassuring smile

Hoya smiled back, “Come here. I want to talk to you about something,” he pulled out a hand for her to take but as soon as Minah was about to take it, someone interrupted them

“BANG MINAH!”

Minah blinked, “S-Sungyeol oppa…”

“Sungyeol,” Hoya muttered

“Can I borrow her for a second?” Sungyeol said, without even letting Hoya make a sound, Sungyeol had took Minah’s hand and grabbed her away. Hoya watched the retreating figures and sighed.

Sungyeol turned into a corner where no one would see them, “What are you doing?!”

“What?!” Minah, confused, asked

“You know better than taking Hoya’s hand and following him out!”

Minah was still confused. Furrowing her eyebrows, she said, “Mwo!? Wh-What are you talking about?!”

“You do know Hoya’s probably gonna confess to you out there, right?”

Minah’s eyes widened, “Wha-“

“And as my girlfriend, I forbid you to go out with any other guy.” Sungyeol bluntly said

“What do you think I am, a cheater- wait… wait, what?! GIRLFRIEND?!” she exclaimed as she blush a shade of pink

Sungyeol smirked, “You know, I don’t just kiss anyone, Minah,”

Minah scoffed, “So I become your girlfriend because you kissed me?”

“Please, I know you like me,” Sungyeol smiled

Minah blushed more, “Well… I…”

“And… I like you too,” Sungyeol leaned closer, looking at her softly

All Minah did was continue to blush and feel her heart beating that would explode any minute now.

“Well, then, girlfriend, you want to break-up already?” Sungyeol slyly smiled

Minah shook her head quietly, “N-No…”

Sungyeol grinned, “Good. So don’t go with any other guy,”

“Yah, I may be your girlfriend but you have no right to tell me not to hang out with other guys~” she stuck her tongue out playfully

Sungyeol scoffed, “Mworago?! You’re gonna cheat?”

Minah rolled her eyes, “I said hang out, not hook up,”

Sungyeol pouted, “But…”

“Jealous~?” she teased

“No.” Sungyeol looked away, “Fine. But… how about we keep this relationship a secret?” he smiled

Minah blinked, “Uh… w-wae…”

“So after 5 years, we can tell the gang about us and they’ll be very surprised,” Sungyeol winked

Minah was speechless; instead, she blushed more, “N-Not even Hyeri?”

“No,” Sungyeol chuckled

Minah smiled, “Deal,”

Sungyeol grinned in satisfaction.

“OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. I’M GONNA-“

“Flip?” Minah laughed

Yura started jumping up and down and squealing, “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

Minah laughed hysterically as she join her friend. After some minutes, they had settled back down.

“So is this why you didn’t tell me? You wanted to wait for 5 years?”

Minah smiled and nodded, “That still touches my heart,”

“Awwwwwwwwwww~ Me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~” the older squealed again

Suddenly, the door burst open. “YAH, someone’s trying to slee-“ the person stopped midsentence as he saw Yura, “Why hello there, beautiful,”

Minah rolled her eyes, “Shut up, Yongguk. It’s Yura,”

“Yu- WAIT WHAT?! Kim Yura? Your b-best friend, Kim Yura?” Yongguk stuttered

“Yes. The girl you always liked to tease, Kim Yura,”

“Wow, she’s hot now,” the boy mumbled

Yura giggled, “Wait… I thought you weren’t here,”

“Yeah. I just came one hour ago and headed right into bed UNTIL SOMETWO STARTED BEING JERKS WHO LIKED WAKING UP INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT,” he burst, “Well… one devious devil and one hot chick,” he winked at Yura

Yura’s eyes twitched whilst Minah laughed out loud “Go back to bed. We’re gonna go back to bed as well,”

“Aww,” Yura whined and pouted, “But-“

“More stories tomorrow, okay? Besides, I don’t remember what happens next,” Minah mumbled

“About what?” Yongguk asked

“MinYeol’s love story~” Yura cooed

“Oh, I remember EVERYTHING,” Yongguk flashed a fake grin then faded and replaced by a scowl, “It was annoying,”

Minah rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at Yongguk, “GO TO BED, JERK,”

Yongguk caught the pillow and sniffed it, “This is Yura’s, right?” Yura blinked

Minah tilted her head with a twitching eye as she nodded. Yongguk beamed and hugged the pillow, “Goodnight, witch & princess,” he turned around, closed the door and walked away

Yura scoffed and pretended to puke. Minah laughed, “Watch out for him tomorrow,”

Yura rolled her eyes, “I can’t believe him,”

“Me neither~ Now, goodnight!”

“Goodnight~”