Prologue – All You Would Want To Know... or Not~

How We Became From Awkward To Intimate

Prologue  All You Would Want To Know... or Not~

 

Hey, guys! It’s me, Bang Minah. I’m here to tell you my past. How I met Lee Hyeri, my best friend! How I’ve been with Kim Ahyoung, my best friend too! How I became Lee Hyeri’s brother’s frenemy, and other stuff. Would you like to know? If not, I don’t really care. Mwahahahaha. Kekeke. Just kidding. I’ll be telling anyways. You can skip this chapter if you want. It’s kinda important but it’s short~

Flashbacks Start

“Hey, Minah, did you study?” Ahyoung asked.

“Study? For what?” Minah asked

Ahyoung gaped at her, “Are you serious? For the math test?!”

Minah’s eyes grew wide, “I…”

“DUDE!”

Meet Ahyoung. Kim Ahyoung. Also known as Yura. She’s been my best friend since 1st grade! This was when we were just 7th graders. Yura unni and I… we’re inseparable. We agree on most things.

“Hey, isn’t this cute?” Yura squealed, holding up a necklace with a black guitar.

Minah gasped, “SO CUTE!” she then held up two key chains. One was a tiny purple puppy while the other one was a silver microphone. “Which one?”

Yura frowned, “So hard!”

“I KNOW RIGHT?!” Minah blurted a little too loud, earning the attention of most shoppers in the shop. Minah immediately shut and approached Yura. Yura was already laughing hysterically outside the shop at what happened to Minah. And instead of frowning angrily at her friend, Minah joined her with the laughing.

“OREO!” Yura blurted. Minah continued to laugh but nodded. They then faced backs then moved their butts in a circle and ending it bumping them together. They continued to laugh hysterically, ignoring the stares and gossips people around them would give.

See? Aren’t we cute? Haha. Yura unni is obviously older. About for one year! Keke. I was so happy with her and if she had to leave and-or disappear, I would probably die. The fun Minah would probably die. And then this happened…

“D-Do you really have to leave?” Minah stammered, holding back her tears

Yura sadly smiled at her, “Ne. I’m sorry. But, we can meet again! And there’s internet so we ca-“

But before she could continue Minah abruptly hugged her and sobbed in her shoulder. Yura giggled sadly and hugged back softly, “I’ll see you again. I promise,” she whispered

Minah faintly nodded, “Keep that promise,” she whispered back

“You too,”

Yura pulled back gently and heaved a sigh. Minah wiped her tears away and flashed Yura a strong smile, “Good luck~”

Yura smiled back and nodded, “Oreo?”                                                                                     

Minah giggled, “OREO!”

Yura and Minah faced backs, moved their butts and bumped them together. They burst into fits of laughter, making each other laugh much more. The older stopped, “Later, Minah,” she winked

Minah smiled and nodded, “See you in the internet?”

Yura giggled, “Ne!” she grinned widely then started to walk away, waving to Minah. Minah waved back with two hands, crying with a smile. Yura had reached the gates, before she could disappear completely; Yura waved her last and disappeared. Minah almost broke down on her knees but then someone called her name.

“MINAH!”

Minah immediately looked up at the familiar voice. She saw Yura poking her head out from the gates, waving hysterically. Minah chuckled at her action but cried more. She broke down after Yura disappeared.

Tear. See? It’s hard for us best friends forever to leave each other, isn’t it? But don’t be ridiculous and say that you’ll die if they leave. They’re always around you. And when they say they’ll be back, believe them. Although they’ve always been with you~ they’re always in your hearts, aren’t they? Winkwink~

Now, let’s move on. This time, I’m gonna tell you how I met my other new best friend and my frenemy.

Minah, her younger brother Minwoo and her mother were walking to the next house. Her mother’s friend since childhood moved to the next house and they wanted to visit. Minah was still a cute little 6 year old girl.

Minah’s mother knocked on the door while her brother was bringing a plate of brownies. Suddenly, the door opened and they were welcomed by a boy in Minah’s age. The boy curiously looked at them, “Nuguseyo? (Who are you?)” he asked

Before anyone could answer, a woman—probably his mother—appeared. Minah’s mother beamed in happiness and so did the other woman. They hugged and were told to come in.

And before you know it, both mothers were chatting away in the living room while Minah and Minwoo stayed together. The boy awhile ago disappeared until he went downstairs with another kid around Minah’s age as well. The girl smiled cheerfully while the boy just stared at them.

Soon, Minah & the girl were sitting beside each other facing backs while Minwoo & the boy played around. Minah gave her glances while she gave back the favor. The girl then picked up a paper and pen. She started writing on it then passed it to Minah.

Minah blinked and took the paper; she started reading the trying to read the paper as she was still in 1st grade. “Hello. My name is Lee Hyeri.” She messily read. Hyeri faced her and smiled, giving Minah the pen. Minah smiled back and took the pen, writing away on the back of the paper. After writing messily, she gave the paper to Hyeri.

Hyeri giggled and took the paper, “Hi. I am Bang Minah I am.” Hyeri blinked at her wrong grammar and laughed

Minah flushed in embarrassment. “Sorry! I’m still learning,” Hyeri was younger but she was smarter

Hyeri grinned, “Let’s play!”

Hyeri took her hand and went towards the Minwoo & the boy who were jumping on the bed of the Lee sibling’s room. The two jumped on Hyeri’s bed while the boys jumped on Hyeri’s brother’s.

“That’s my brother, Lee Sungyeol oppa. He’s bad to me,” she pouted

Sungyeol heard what she said and pushed her off the bed, “AM NOT!”

Hyeri glared at him. “YAH! That’s mean!” Minah shouted, glaring at Sungyeol as well.

“So?” Sungyeol rudely remarked and went back to playing with Minwoo.

Since then, we knew Sungyeol & I wouldn’t get along well considering I was a tough kid while Sungyeol was one too.

Hyeri – 1st grade | Minah – 2nd grade | Sungyeol – 3rd grade

“Will you stop bullying your sister?” Minah defended after she saw Yeollie scolding his own sister. Hyeri sighed.

“Why should I?” he childishly asked

Minah rolled her eyes, “Because it’s rude!”

“Well, don’t you bully Minwoo too?” he fought back

“That doesn’t mean you should bully Hyeri as well!”

“Leave me and my bullying alone!”

“NO! It’s mean! Hyeri’s my friend, stop it!”

“NO! It’s mean! Hyeri’s my friend, stop it!” he mocked

Minah gaped at him and punched his arm. Sungyeol gasped dramatically, “YAH! Abuse!”

“MEHRONG!”

Hyeri – 2nd Grade | Minah – 3rd grade | Sungyeol – 4th grade

“AWWYEAAAH.” Minah exclaimed after winning another game over Sungyeol.

Sungyeol dropped his joystick and glared at Minah, “CHEATER!”

“WHAT CHEATER? I didn’t cheat, you’re just a LOSER!”

“LIAR!”

“LOSER!”

“CHEATER!”

“LOSER!”

Minah – 5th grade | Sungyeol – 6th grade

“Thanks, Hoya oppa!” Minah thanked after Hoya helped her with her books.

Hoya smiled back and nodded, “Sure thing! See you,” he waved and walked away

Minah opened her locker and started putting her things in.

“Who’s that? Your boyfriend?” a voice mocked

Minah rolled her eyes, not even looking up to find who was talking as she knew it was Sungyeol.

“Go away,”

“Ha! He is your boyfriend,”

“No! Why do you care anyways?”

“Who said I did?”

“Uh, no one but you seem like you do,”

“Nuh-uh!”

“Yuh-huh!”

Okay, yes. I like Hoya oppa. He was sweet and kind, he helps me with everything and we have fun at most things. But sometimes he would be very shy that all he can do is stare at me and blush whenever I make just even tiny skinship with him, but I found that cute~

I’m gonna let you in a secret though, I was crushing on Sungyeol that time too. And it would disappear once in a while. But it would come back.

“Unni, didn’t you say you liked my brother?” Hyeri giggled.

“Liked! Now shush,”

“I hear he likes you too,”

Minah blushed and looked at Hyeri, “Really?”

“Wow, you seem happy,” Hyeri teased.

Minah looked away, “S-Shush,”

But knowing from Hyeri, I realized I liked Sungyeol when he didn’t like me back and he would like me whenever I didn’t. Indeed, our young love was like a broken flashlight.

“I don’t like her!” Sungyeol protested

“Sure,” Hyeri sarcastically remarked

“Well, anymore. I don’t like her anymore!”

“But she likes you again!”

--

“I hate him so much,” Minah said

“You mean it?” Hyeri pouted, knowing she knew Sungyeol said she likes her again

“YES! I don’t want to see your brother’s owl face ever again!” Minah squealed in irritation

Hyeri frowned, “But he likes you again,”

--

Minah passed by the Sungyeol’s group of friends. She stopped when someone called her name.

“Minah-yah!” Sunggyu called

Minah looked back and blinked, “Ne?”

“Hoya here likes you,” Sunggyu teased the younger.

Hoya punched the older’s arm and glared, “HYUNG!”

Sunggyu laughed, “Whaaat?” he mockingly cooed

“Don’t you like her too?”

“YAH, Shut up.”

Minah grew surprised and bowed, “Gomawo,” she innocently said

“What? But I thought Woohyun likes her too?” Dongwoo said

“Yah! Don’t tell her!” the mentioned boy remarked

Minah, finally realizing that ‘liked’ meant ‘crush’, blushed, “I…”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes, “Yah, stop it,” he said

“Why? You like her too, hyung?” Sungjong teased

“SHUT UP!”

Minah bowed once again and walked away.

But my toughness didn’t last long. And so did our frenemy-ship. It disappeared when the Lee family had gone away for vacation. Since then, my year was no longer filled with Minah & Sungyeol arguments, and I was relieved but also bored. When they came back, we barely exchange glances. But… even with the awkward relationship, he would indirectly help me at times. And it was weird but I was thankful.

Minah – 7th grade | Sungyeol – 8th grade

Minah sat on a chair in the airport, waiting for her dad to pick her up. Her eyes were swollen from crying after Yura’s disappearance. She sat there, blankly staring on the ground. She sighed, “I’m so dramatic,” she mumbled, tears forming in her eyes.

But before she could let them fall…

“Minah?” a voice called. Minah jumped surprisingly and looked up immediately, and as soon as she saw her crush, she quickly wiped her tears away. “A-Are you okay?” he asked one more time

Minah nodded hesitatingly after looking away. Sungyeol turned to walk away but he decided to sit beside her. And how it usually goes, the atmosphere was awkward as ever.

After a minute passed, Sungyeol finally spoke, “Obviously you’re not,”

Minah looked up at him with a sad smile, “I’m okay,” she whispered

Sungyeol sighed and looked back closely, “No, you’re not. What’s wrong?” he asked, not knowing about Hyeri.

Minah started to cry again, “I don’t wanna talk about it,” she looked away again

“It’s okay. Don’t tell me,” he whispered, softly putting Minah’s head on his shoulder. Minah blushed but didn’t move.

There was silence, but they liked it anyways.

“What are you doing here?” she asked

“We had to drop someone off. And if you’re wondering where Hyeri is, she’s using the bathroom,” he said, smiling playfully

Minah giggled slightly, “Okay then,”

--

Minah cried non-stop at the funeral. If you’re asking whose funeral, Minah’s mother & Minsoo’s. She excused herself and went to the balcony to cry.

Meanwhile, the Lee family had just arrived. Hyeri was looking for Minah while Sungyeol quietly headed to the balcony. He saw someone there already, crying. He was gonna turn to leave when he realized who it was. Step by step, he started walking towards her. He stood beside her and watched her cry.

And of course, there was silence. There was a reason to be silent but Sungyeol had agreed that their relationship’s always with silence. Meanwhile, Minah didn’t even know he was there.

And then suddenly, Sungyeol felt the urge to try to comfort her, but he didn’t know how. He cleared his throat, and that was when Minah realized he was there. She narrowed her eyes to see then looked away again, wiping her tears.

“Yah, you can cry. No need to stop it,” he mumbled

Minah pursed her lips and looked down, “I…”

“Why is it that when I see you, you’re always crying?” he tried to joke.

But surprisingly Minah giggled and shrugged, “Must be destined to see you with me crying,” she joked back

Sungyeol softly looked at her, “Are you okay?”

Minah kept quiet.

He sighed, “It’s okay. Don’t tell me,” he was about to put her head on his shoulder when…

“UNNI!” Hyeri called after finally finding her.

Hyeri was surprised seeing me with Sungyeol though, despite having the most awkward relationship she knows. But she doesn’t know that Sungyeol and I’s relationship are slowly being unawkward. And I bet she’ll like that. She says she wants me to be her sister. And yeah… you probably get it right? Ehe… /// And uh... for you who wants to know what happened next...

"Unni?" she chirped as she tilt her head slightly, wondering why the two people she would never see together were actually together alone.

Minah cleared and wiped her tears away immediately, walking awkwardly towards the younger, "Uhm, hey! Let's go?"

"But-" but before she could continue, Minah had already walked off and pulled Hyeri along.

Meanwhile, Sungyeol did nothing but smirk slightly and chuckle.

So… I woke up with a new life. Well, new mother & brother though. My dad got remarried to a woman who already has a son. He was older than me too. His name was No Yongguk but now he’s Bang Yongguk. And my step-mother’s name was Kang Soohee. I tried to get close but I just can’t. It was hard. Everytime I try to get close, I would always think of my mother and brother, which was obviously hard. So then I talked to my dad about it, and he apologized on behalf of me of my behavior. Sure it was dramatic and pathetic but… I was the closest to them and of course it was hard.

It was in the middle of the night and Minah woke up. She went downstairs to drink some milk, but to her surprise, she found the person she mostly can’t get along with. Yongguk looked at her then looked down. Minah, too, lowered her head. She made her way to the fridge but paused when Yongguk spoke.

“Minah…”

Tears formed in her eyes suddenly, “Please...”

“Look, I know about your condition. I’m sorry if I remind you of him. I heard how you guys are very close and… I wanted to be close too. I hope we can be very close, Minah. That’s all,” he said. Yongguk walked her way, feeling sorry and guilty of how she’s sobbing right now.

“Wait!” Minah called. She swallowed hard and walked towards him, embracing him in a tight hug. “You remind me of Minwoo so much because you guys are like just one person. I-I hope you don’t l-leave me too,” she croaked.

Yongguk hugged her back softly and nodded, “Promise,”

Dramatic and pathetic scene, everyone? I know. Well, that’s all. Yeah, it’s not short like how I said so but you guys would probably run off if I didn’t say that! You meanies~ =3=

Well, I’m done now! I’ll see you next chapter? Oreo, amigos!