Chapter 29 (The Memory)

The One that Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Memory

I have a love-hate relationship with weekends. I love it because I get to spend some time with my friends. But I hate it because it means Monday is just around the corner. I've been having a really hard time catching up at school and my lovelife isn't of any help. 

It was only just 8 o'clock in the morning and I'm already having these anxieties.

Just then, my phone rang. It was Daesung hyung so I immediately answered. 

"Good morning, hyung" I greeted. 

"Youngbae and I are on our way to Jiyong's. Wanna come?" he breathed. He didn't even greet me. 

"Good morning to you too, Seungri." I mocked, feigning annoyance. 

"Geez. Good morning Mr. Boyfriend of two. Are you coming with us or-." 

"Boyfriend of what?!" 

"Uhm... of two?"

"Excuse me, I'm not anyone's boyfriend."

"Ohh... spicy... alright Mr. Playboy, should we pick you up-." 

"I'm most definitely not a playboy!" 

"You just said you're not anyone's boyfriend but there are two guys whose head over heels for you. So you're just playing them!" 

"Just because I don't consider them doesn't mean I'm playing with them. It is because I wanted to be fair."

"Save all the chummy excuses later. Youngbae and I have already arrived here at your parking lot. It's either we force you out of your apartment or you freshen up a bit so you'll look presentable."

And just like that, I was at the backseat of Youngbae hyung's car. We're still 30 minutes away from Jiyong hyung's home but my tummy is already grumbling from hunger. Luckily, I can see that we are going to pass by Starbucks.

"Hyung, can we have a coffee and bread on Starbucks? I'm hungry." I said quickly.

Youngbae hyung was alert and quickly flick the signal to turn right. None of the two asked question. I guess they were getting hungry too. 

"Drive thru is fine, hyung." I said when it seemed like he was looking for a parking space.

"Alright. Daesung will just have to feed me." Youngbae hyung said as he smiled with his eyes.

After a few confusion with our orders, it finally came to the window where we are suppose to get it.

"By the way Seungri, since when did you get suicidal?" Daesung hyung asked and it confused me. 

"How am I a suicidal? I am just quietly sitting here." I answered skeptically. 

"Aren't you acidic?" Daesung hyung asked as he looked at me on the rear-view mirror.

"Uhm... Yes I am?" I replied again in confusion. Since when did being acidic become suicidal?

"Then why are you drinking a frappuccino so early in the morning? With an empty stomach? And when you are starving?" he asked, all in one breath.

Ah. Right. You are acidic Seungri.

"But... uhm... I... I'm eating it with bread. See?" I answered as I showed him my bread. The barista said it was the best seller of that day so I got it.

"Will it help?" he asked again.

"Hyung, just let me and my frappe be. I won't die. I promise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter