Last

Simplicity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

I was silent alone here. Glued to look at the vast ocean with the sunset which is the background of this ocean, the waves that continue to wrestle there never stop to make a sound that can make my eardrums vibrate. The hectic procession of the waves doesnt disturb me, it can actually make my heart beat faster and deeper.

The sound of birds singing to me, making me peaceful. As if flying up to the seventh heaven and met with an angel. Just like what many fairy tales in the book I read when I was young. But this time it was different, I was no longer a child who couldnt be separated from the love of parents and even family.

I'm a 23-year-old girl who lives alone. Staying in one of the parents' apartment and working in a company owned by my friend. Simple .. I enjoy my simple life. Simplicity doesnt have to be a poor life, as it is and tends to be pessimistic. Precisely the pinnacle of simplicity is when we show that success with an attitude that is not exaggerated, and not arrogant. For me simplicity is balance in life.

And today, I returned here. Where this ocean has kept all my family's memories for the past few months. The tragedy of the Seoul Ferry, still stuck in my head. That incident made me lose my loved ones. I still remember how happy my mother and my two older siblings were, when Dad got a bonus in his work so he could buy the fleet ticket. If only I had gone with them, maybe until now I could still spend my time with them. In a different place from this world. The world of eternal future, but unfortunately at that time I couldnt go with them because my situation was busy at the time.

When I heard the news of the disaster, I felt stung by a group of bees in my head. Maybe the sting doesnt mean anything, because gradually the sting will heal by itself. But what about my family? Until now they never returned to me, they were declared missing. Lost somewhere. I thought, they didn't disappear. At least someone can still find their bodies that float on the sea through space satellites though.

But it is also useless if until now, their bodies are still being sought. After all, no matter how hard their bodies remained afloat — gradually, their bodies would sink to the bottom of the deepest sea. Stay there until the sharks eat away at their bodies. pathetic, making my tears involuntarily flow from my eyelids.

Let their bodies be like that, because I believe that God has brought their bodies to be placed in a better place than this world. I always pray for them, pray that all the deeds that they do during this mortal world received by his side. Mom, Dad and my two sisters are the best people I have. They have a heart and personality that is better than mine.

Sometimes I think, is that why God brought them back to Him. Because they are the best people. I was the only person who was not good, but was allowed to live longer. All for my sake, God loves me. God wants to give me a chance to become a better person. Is not it? I think so, so from that - incessantly I give thanks to Him. Because until now, I am still given the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter