What Goes Bump In The Middle Of The Night

Starlight, Starbright

CN Blue - Love Girl

It wasn't long before Baro dozed off on the couch by the door. The night was late after all. He sat on the side, his arms crossed and his face hidden under his hat.

Noticing this, GongChan sprawled out on the empty space beside his friend's sleeping form. "Goodnight, everyone," he yawned. "Night, Sandeul. Night, Shinwoo. Night, HaeMi," he sang, and turning to Baro he whispered, "Goodnight, hamster-hyung."

"Hamster?" you echoed curiously.

In response, Baro growled in his sleep and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Shh," GongChan hushed you with a pointed finger on his lips. "Baro hyung doesn't like it when we call him that."

CNU, who was still fussing over a sleeping Sandeul, rolled his eyes. "Yet they still do," he muttered quietly as he tucked his friend into bed.

You nodded seriously before giggling at CNU's remark. "I see," you replied, closing your eyes slowly. "Goodnight, GongChan. Goodnight, CNU. Sleep well."

"Sleep well, HaeMi," CNU murmured, settling himself on the couch near the foot of your bed, beside Baro.

For a little while, you were tempted not to sleep, unsure of whether or not the boys will still be there when you wake up. But gradually, you drifted off to sleep as well after hearing a few gentle snores here and there, comforted by the company that you were keeping.

 

 

However, you didn't sleep for long. A strange noise woke you up. Like a random selection of odd shuffling and groans coming from the corridor.

Your eyes grew wide. That can't be good. Since you were a regular guest at the hospital, coming back ever so often, it was no surprise that you've heard of the ghost stories about the place.

Was it the guy with no head? Or the monster from the pipes? You didn't know and you didn't want to find out. Quickly panicking, you sat up on your bed and reached for CNU.

"Shinwoo," you whimpered, nudging him lightly. He didn't move.

The noises got louder.

"Shinwoo," you repeated, wanting to cry. Desperately, you nudged him harder as the noises got closer. This can't be happening. This isn't happening. I refuse to believe this!

"Shinwoo!" you finally yelled, alarming him, and even Sandeul, awake.

"W-what?" he shook his head, shocked. He looked at your panicked expression. "What's wrong?" he asked gently.


You gripped his shirt tightly and flinched as the noise echoed again, surprising everyone. "That!" you told him.

Sitting up as well, Sandeul waved his arms wildly. "What was that?" he cried.

"I don't know." Your voice broke.

The noise came again.

Sandeul immediately covered himself with his blanket. "This is wrong!" he wailed.

On the other hand, you had completely lost it and hugged CNU around the waist. "Ghost.. Monster.. Eotteoke?!" you wanted to know, burying your face into his shirt, trying to muffle out the weird noises.

"Um.." CNU blinked, unsure of what to do next. "How about I go check it out?" he suggested.

"Good idea," you seconded.

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "HaeMi, I'll be back, you know that right?" he asked you gently.

Realizing you still had your arms wrapped around him, you laughed nervously. "Oh, right," you said, letting him go.

Annoyed at the feeling of being left out, Sandeul got up. "Forget it," he muttered sulkily. "I'll check it out since you two are so busy." He walked over to the door, only to be dragged back by you.

"No!" you yelled, grabbing his arm. "You're not well, you're staying right here. Shinwoo will check it out." You looked at CNU. "Right?"

Sandeul let himself be dragged back to bed. She's worried about me, he smiled to himself. You wondered for a second why he was smiling but shrugged it off.

The noises were the important matter right now. They were getting much closer. In fact, a figure appeared by the door.

"Shinwoo, forget it!" you hissed. "It's too close," you whimpered, burying yourself in your blankets the way Sandeul did.

CNU got up anyway and cautiously walked over to the figure. He stayed close by the door, hidden by the wall that jutted out.

Slowly, the door began to open. Sandeul immediately reached over and clapped a hand over your mouth, stopping you from screaming. You did the same to him, knowing full well that there was just as good a chance of him yelling too.

The huge bulky figure made its way in your room. CNU shiftily grabbed an empty vase, ready to hit the intruder right in the face.

You and Sandeul waited for the creature to be attacked by CNU, so you both can breath again. However, as the figure was a few inches away from CNU, it dropped to the ground with a thud.

Surprised, CNU flicked the lights on, to see Baro dusting his shoulders off. Apparently, he had woken up in the middle of the situation too and slammed the intruder right in the head.

CNU instantly checked his friend over to see if he was alright, despite the fact that Baro was clearly fine as he coolly blew on his fist. Sandeul cheered.

But you took the time to peer at the trespasser. If this is a hobo, he sure is pretty, you mused to yourself.

At that moment, GongChan yawned, blinking his eyes open. He turned toward the floor where you were looking and asked, confused, "Why is JinYoung hyung on the floor?"