Talking To Inanimate Objects

Starlight, Starbright

B1A4 - Only Learned The Bad Things

On the way back from a washroom break, you smiled at the heavenly bodies in the sky through the big windows.

"Thank you," you whispered excitedly, as you hurried back to your room. Originally, you wished for strength, but you couldn't help but think that the stars were also responsible for your new friendship.

You turned a corner and noticed a boy on the way to your room. He was standing by a vending machine with an angry expression. He looks rather scary, you thought worriedly.


tumblr_lwwupxiYFE1qervtro1_r1_500.gif


"This isn't food!" he grumbled frustratedly. "Sugarless candy? No-fat granola bars? Tofu-flavoured gum?!" The boy threw a punch at the innocent mechanism, causing it to produce odd whirring sounds.

Angered, he snapped at the malfunctioning apparatus, "Yo! Shut up!"

You giggled at his actions. Well, isn't he one special boy?  You smiled to yourself.

Having heard your tinkling laughter, he turned towards the origin of the sound, only to face you. "Am I amusing?" He raised a questioning eyebrow at you.

"U-um, no, mister," you stammered, desperately hoping that you wouldn't end up with the same fate as the poor vending machine. "You uh.. sure taught.. it." You held up an encouraging fist with an awkward grin.

Mister?  He sighed. Great, I scared her.  "My name's Baro," he told you, as a matter-of-factly. His cool exterior became harder at the sight of your huge worried eyes. I am NOT scary, he grumbled in his head.

"I'm HaeMi," you replied softly.

"Well, nice to meet you, HaeMi-ssi." He gave you a swift salute. "But I'll be leaving first."

And with that, he walked down the hall, leaving you behind. You shrugged, not really minding his rather abrupt behavior and continued down the hall after him, heading to your room.

Baro felt your presence tailing him. Thinking it was a coincidence, he kept going.

He turned right. You turned right.

He took the stairs down one floor. You took the elevator beside the staircase down one floor.

He stopped at a room. You stopped in front of the same room.

Baro's eyes narrowed as he turned to look at you. "Okay, what's your deal?" he demanded.

"Nothing," you answered simply. "Why? What's your damage?" you retorted.

"This is my friend's room," he rolled his eyes. "What's your excuse?"

You began to tell him that you were a patient, hence, the hospital gown, but his previous sentence caught you. "You're  friends with Sandeul?"  you asked, pure disbelief clear in your eyes.

"What's so unbelievable about that?" Baro wanted to know.

"B-but you're.. and he's.." you spluttered, completely confused. Sandeul was such a bright ray of sunshine, whereas Baro appeared to be the exact opposite.

Catching on to what you were getting to, Baro rolled his eyes again as he opened the door. "I'm not that bad a guy, you know," he muttered, going in first.

However, you were slightly taken aback when he held the door longer, behind him, to let you in. "If you say so,
" you replied uncertainly, walking in after him.