002

The Blackened Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It will be held this Saturday at my house, so please come if you can!" Soobin overheard the voice of a girl speaking loudly, and peaked out of her locker to see Ye Eun handing out an invitation card to Sehun.

"Thanks," Sehun muttered, before turning his heel to walk away. 

Ye Eun had a twinkle in her eye as she turned her back from Sehun, and her friends fawned over the fact that the campus prince had accepted her invitation card for the party held during the weekend. 

Ye Eun is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful girls on campus, and there isn't a single man that wasn't attracted to her.

However, it is also known that Ye Eun had her eyes set on Sehun, and it was even rumored that the two would hook up sometimes. 

For someone that does not show much emotion, Sehun never denied those allegations, and neither did he acknowledge them, so no one knows what exactly is going on between the two of them.

That was one of the reasons why Soobin would never approach Sehun, because she knew for a fact that she wouldn't be able to win against such strong competitors – in no world would Sehun pick her over the other more eligible girls. 

And that was why Sehun was always going to be just her crush, and she wants for it to stay that way.

"What's got you looking so forlorn?" someone pulled her out from her locker, and shut it as he came into full view.

"N-nothing", she stammered, but her reaction itself meant that there was something.

"You're coming as my plus one for Ye Eun's party," Jongin announced, as he pulled out his phone and sent the details of the party to Soobin.

"Jongin! I didn't agree to this!" the younger whined, and stomped her foot on the ground.

"Yes, you kind of did. When I did you that favor last week", Jongin smiled proudly, reminding the girl of the promise that she made.

As Soobin needed a subject for her photography module, she enlisted the help of Jongin to model for her. As her assignment requires her to tell a story, she thought that Jongin was able to showcase his skills for her as he did well in the contemporary genre of dance. 

Jongin agreed, but he told her that he wanted a favor in return.

"Jongin, but I hate parties, and you know that," Soobin frowned, and pounded her small fist on his chest. "And also because there might be a chance that Sehun is going for the party!"

"Ouch! But you should go out more, and who knows, you might see a cute boy at the party! And you're going to be on a date with a very cute boy, me", Jongin flashed a smile, and Soobin had no words of rebuttal for the boy.

"You know I really hate missing out on parties but I'm so tired of girls trying to throw themselves at me. So just do me this one favor, mhmm?" Jongin gave his last plea, and he celebrated internally when he saw defeat in the other girl's eyes.

"Fine Jongin, but just this once okay?" Soobin sighed, as Jongin held one of her hands and ruffled her hair with his other hand.

"Okay, princess," he let her hands go and walked away, not before turning his head and waving her goodbye, donning a childish smile.

"Kim Jongin, you're going to be the death of me!", Soobin muttered under her breath, before heading to her next class with much to think and lament about.

---

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter