001

The Blackened Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soobin could hardly do anything from where she was sitting. Right infront of her was the campus' ice prince, Oh Sehun. He too, looked restless. It was the start of the school term, and it had been two months since Soobin had seen Oh Sehun due to the school holidays.

Despite knowing little about Sehun, Soobin has had a tiny crush on the boy for close to a year, but has not worked out the courage to ever talk to him. This year, everything was going to be the same, a year where she goes unnoticed by Oh Sehun.

A part of her is happy just looking at him from a distance. She notices the little curve of his lips when Park Chanyeol tells him a joke, and how his eyes twinkle when Kim Jongin pouts as he whines.

These little actions do not go unnoticed by Soobin, mostly because these moments were rare. The boy was emotionless most of the time, and how she wishes she could be the one to melt his ice-cold heart.

"Hey, you okay?" Areum waved her hand in front of Soobin. breaking her trance away from Sehun. "You should go talk to him, it has been a year", her best friend nudged her lightly on the arm, and Soobin let out a sigh.

"If it was that easy I would have done it long ago, and besides, I just have a tiny tiny crush on him, really tiny", Soobin let out a small smile, while Areum shook her head in disagreement.

"If this is just a mere crush, you wouldn't be rendered speechless every time you see him at lunch, but you know what, I'll just let you off this time", Areum wiggled her eyebrows, teasing Soobin and giving her a smirk.

"Nothing is going to change Areum. I'm just going to be one of those girls that look at him from a distance, and this year is going to be the same", she shrugged, before eating her lunch that had gone cold.

---

If Soobin had to be thankful for something, she is definitely thankful that Sehun and her were in different university courses. She was one that was passionate in Communication Studies and Literature, while Sehun studied Business. Therefore, their paths would never cross. 

That would also mean that she did not have to ever embarrass herself in front of her crush, ever, and she was more than satisfied with that. 

With a spring in her steps, she walked towards her Modernism class this semester, a module that she was extremely excited to attend. But what she did not expect was to see her crush sitting at the back row of the lecture, using his phone with a stone-cold expression.

"What is he doing here?" Soobin thought to herself, and looked around the auditorium for an empty seat. As the module was a fairly popular one and she had arrived just a few minutes before lecture started, the only available seats were in the row that Sehun was situated at.

She mentally cursed herself for her terrible luck and sat just one seat away from Sehun, just so she could have space to breathe.

The latter heard the sound of someone walking towards him and stared at the girl that was looking at him dumbfoundedly.

He looked at her for a good second before returning his gaze towards his phone. 

Soobin sat down awkwardly and tried to put her focus to the front, where the lecturer was standing, setting up the projector. She tilted her head just a little bit to look at Sehun.

She did not mean to be creepy, but she has never been this near him and he sure did smell good.

"Stop it Soobin! You're being weird!" she chided and slapped herself lightly on the lap, shaking her head in disapproval.

Sehun heard the person sitting a seat away from him fidgeting more than usual and stared at her once again. However, he saw the girl flailing her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter