[psst this is the only chapter]

I Give You My Heart

 

Screams rang in his ears and Youngmin slit the man’s throat to quiet him. The victim squirmed and spluttered from the new opening in his windpipe, still alive, as Youngmin ripped his shirt off and began carving a neat shape on the left side of his chest with the bloodied knife.

 

Youngmin sang quietly to himself as he peeled flesh and muscle away, exposing the ribs. The man went limp and quiet with death before Youngmin broke away bone and wrapped his hands around the vital and beautiful organ. He cut the tubes leading to it and slowly pulled the still heart from the man’s chest. He placed the lovely, soft organ in a glass jar, popping the lid on top and hugging it to his chest.

 

He stared lovingly at the heart, relishing the feelings he felt for it before tucking it carefully in his shoulder bag and standing up. He left the man dismembered in the wet concrete of an alleyway, wiping the blood off his hands with a dark cloth.

 

Youngmin tucked the cloth back into his pocket as he entered the apartment he shared with his brother. “Kwangmin . . .” he whispered into the dark apartment. “Where are you . . .?”

 

“Youngmin?” his brother called out clearly from the bedroom. “You’re here?”

 

“How’re you feeling?” Youngmin asked as he approached the bed. Kwangmin was huddeld beneath the covers, stifling a cough.

 

"A little better since I took that medicine,” he replied nonchalantly, eyeing the shoulder bag his twin held. “What’s that?” he questioned, indicating the bag.

 

“Kwangmin,” Youngmin knelt down next to the bed, pulling the jar out and presenting the human heart to his own. “Will you be my Valentine?”

 

Kwangmin’s face split into a huge grin. “Of course, Youngmin!” he cried, taking the jar in his shaky hands and holding it close to his chest. “I love you so much,” he murmured, gazing lovingly at the gift.

 

“I love you too,” Youngmin said with an overly sweet smile. It was all he could do not to pull him into a tight hug then and there; he didn’t want to catch the sickness too. He had to stay strong for his brother. For his valentine. 

 

--

 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY GUYS! 

I know I've been gone forever, but here's a little ficlet to let you know I'm still alive. Yeah, it's a one-shot.

I feel like I should have more to say, but that's honestly it.

And again, happy Valentine's Day!