Final 5.5

Winter Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Where am I? Yeah, Seohyun and Yoona's place." Yuri kicked herself out of the bed and walked out the room just to run back and throw up on the toilet. "Aish, those idiots." She blames her friends for having hang over at the moment. But she also scolded herself for choosing dare that led to bad dare that she successfully finished and was knock out in the end.

 

Walking downstairs, she could immediately smell the food from the kitchen that she followed it and she was surprised to see hangover soup and drink. "Yoona you stupid girl." She mumbles as she sat down and was about to have it when she saw a small card that makes her check on it first.

 

Yuri, please look after Seohyun. I already told her about it last night. If she asks to comeback home please drive her. Please ask her also to have a meal because I think she won't go out her bedroom. Thank you.

 

Yoona.

 

"This means it didn't end well." Yuri sighs. She opened the plate that was covered and a breakfast for Seohyun was already prepared. "She already left, or what?" She felt sorry and sad for them. But she hopes they still have the chance to fix their relationship. She thought they deserve each other despite what Yoona have done. "Aigoo, why is winter the worse season ever?" She chuckled and covered the plate back as she finally turned her attention to her food.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who woke up so early in the morning is having coffee in a balcony, just nearby the one she rented for her and Seohyun. She could see Seohyun's bedroom from her place and she's sure she's still asleep. She actually had few hours of sleep only since the night they are over. "It's 8am." She mumbles as she glances to her wrist watch. "She should be up by now." She grabs her phone from the table and dialed Yuri's number who took time to answer it.

 

[Your soup is the best always. Thank you for this.] Yuri greeted the doe-eyed instantly with how grateful she is.

 

"Did you check on her?"

 

[Yes?]

 

"Seohyun."

 

[Oh, she's. I'm sorry I haven't checked. Hold on.]

 

Yoona rolled her eyes as she waited patiently. She could hear footsteps which keep her on the line.

 

[Seohyun? Are you up? It's Yuri. Can I come in?] Yuri's voice is so clear from her side. And she hopes Seohyun will response. [Seohyun-ah, the breakfast is ready. It's bad to let it wait.]

 

'Aigoo, I know this would happen.' She let out a heavy sigh, reaching for her coffee and drink it carefully while she keeps in touch with Yuri.

 

[I'm sorry Yoona. She's not responding.] Yuri returned to her.

 

"I have a spare key on my room. It's on top of the desk. Please use it and send her the breakfast." Yoona instructed further.

 

[I'll talk to you later.] Yuri hang up right away.

 

Getting up from her seat, Yoona returned to her bedroom and lied down on the bed with a long exhausting exhale. She feels like giving up but her love for Seohyun is keeping her strong and going. But making sure she's fine is what she can do. She doesn't hope about getting back with her anymore.

 

Closing her eyes, her tears dropped once again as she slowly drifted to sleep.

 

-

 

"Omo, you finally-"

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun didn't let Yuri continue her words as she apologizes with a big bow. "But you can leave now, Yuri-ssi." She weakly asks her as she made a bried eye-contact with the latter. She walked to the kitchen and found the breakfast ready.

 

"I cooked for you." Yuri immediately followed and told her. She knows she would like to hear it came from the doe-eyed. "I will leave once you finish that."

 

Seohyun sighs as she pulled the chair and sat down. She took her fork and took a bite on the omelette and immediately she pouted sadly and tears roll down her cheeks, as she recognized the taste who cooked it. "Where is she?"

 

"Um, you're talking about?"

 

"Yoona. She cooked this breakfast not you."

 

Yuri awkwardly smile. "You really know how she cooks."

 

Seohyun didn't say a thing as she got up and left the kitchen.

 

"Where are you going, Seohyun?" Yuri tried to ask but she went upstairs already and locked the door on her bedroom. "Aigoo. I'm sorry. Um, I honestly woke up with the breakfast already there and her stuffs are already gone. Seohyun whatever was the problem between you two please talk with this with her. She-"

 

"She cheated. She doesn't love me, Yuri. She was just playing with me." Seohyun cut her mid-sentence again while she's crying. "And I hate her." She sobs while hugging her knees.

 

"I don't think so Seohyun. I know what she did but she didn't mean that. I think she didn't tell you what really happened did she?"

 

"She did. She told me how stupid she was to do that. She's guilty."

 

"But..." Yuri sighs. 'Yoona not really gonna tell her what made her do that does she?'

 

"I want to be alone, Yuri. Please leave me alone now. I'll be fine, don't worry." Seohyun continue to cry. She's too weak and not strong enough to take the pain but she'll be fine. She knows herself.

 

"Okay. Please take care of yourself." Yuri said for the last before she hesitantly left her door and completely leaves the house. But just as she got out, she saw Yoona.

 

"How is she?" Yoona quickly asked her.

 

"Of course, not fine. You're so brave to tell her, Yoona. But please, don't be hard on yourself. You know exactly-"

 

"I don't think it's necessary to tell her. I'm afraid it will happen again since I am sick. She doesn't deserve someone who will love her and will hurt her again and again."

 

"Aigoo, I don't know with you." Yuri sighed heavily, walking passing on the doe-eyed. "She only took one bite of the omelet by the way." She added while going to the parking lot.

 

"Thank you, Yuri." Yoona could only said to Yuri before she disappears. She didn't think twice and she entered the house where an empty and quiet atmosphere immediately greeted her. It's already so heavy but it got heavier inside when she heard her sobs and cries.

 

Carefully, she took her steps upstairs and was about to call her name but she stopped herself. Rather, she sits down on the floor and rested her back on against the door and let all the cries from the inside engulfed her already broken heart. She knows it's hard for her and so as for her and she hate herself for being the reason. She hates herself for hurting her. For being really careless and allow that to happen.

 

'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.' She keeps telling the words in her words apologizing non-stop even though she's not hearing her thoughts.

 

Moments later, she suddenly heard footsteps. She quickly gets up and head straight to the next room and peek behind the door to see if she's coming out. It was on time Seohyun walked out the room, sniffling while walking downstairs.

 

'Her puffy cheeks aren't cute anymore.' Yoona thought and pouted sadly because her cheeks are so puffy from crying and it's breaking her heart. She slowly stepped out of the room and carefully made her way downstairs, making sure she won't create any noise.

 

She peeks a little to see what's going inside the kitchen just to see Seohyun is eating the breakfast she made. She keeps sniffling and wiping her tears while taking a bite at the same time. Her lips formed into a tiny smile watching her eating. It's all that she likes to see, she will not miss her meal. She waited until she finished it before she run upstairs again and nearly fell when she reached the bedroom. But she was relieved the younger girl never seen her. She was safe on her place.

 

Seohyun just entered her room was feeling strange but she decided to ignore it and returned to her room, just spacing out but not crying anymore. She's tired of crying out all the pain when it doesn't help her.

 

She suddenly got curious of who is this 'girl' Yoona was telling about, she got up, took her phone and called Yuri. "Yuri-ssi."

 

[Oh Seohyun. Glad to hear from you again. Have you-]

 

"Can you tell me the name of the girl?"

 

[Girl, who?]

 

"The one Yoona... did it." She bit her lower lip after mentioning the doe-eyed girl's name.

 

[Oh, Rose. Park Rose. Her co-worker. Why?]

 

"Thanks." She ended the call right away and scroll on her contacts to search if she has her number but to no avail, she sighs loudly. But she noticed an unknown number was on her caller logs. It was the same date of the accident that she felt strange and decided to dial it. The next line rings and she waited patiently until a female voice answer.

 

[Hello?]

 

"Is... Is this... P-Park Rose?" She got hesitant but she keeps the line open.

 

[Seohyun. Happy to hear your voice.] Rose sounds really bright on the next line. [Heard about the accident. I hope you're doing alright now.]

 

Contemplating to continue, it took at least five minutes for Seohyun to continue. "Do... do... you-you like Yoona?"

 

[Yes? Uh... she-she told you about what happened?]

 

"She did. But-"

 

[I do. I like her too, Seohyun. The way you like her.]

 

"You know... she's... d-dating me, right?"

 

[Yes, that's why it's unfortunate because she doesn't love me. Honestly didn't expect what she did but maybe it was because she's missing you a lot. You know, some people could hallucinate anyone if they miss their love. You're lucky though, she would die for you just to make you happy.]

 

Seohyun got confuse. "What?"

 

[I know you don't remember a thing from the past but last year, during your summer vacation with her, she saved you from drowning despite having cramps. She did all her best to bring you to the seashore using only one leg and arm. It was really heroic for her. So please don't be so hard on her. One mistake can't be the reason for every good thing she has done to you.]

 

She nearly dropped her phone after hearing it but she keeps it at bay. "But she cheated."

 

[Technically not. It was just a misunderstanding, Seohyun. Maybe she's wrong for kissing me but it's not 'cheating' for me because we never dated behind your back. I know it hurts too but that's how it is in a relationship. Learn and move on.]

 

Seohyun unconsciously hang up and fall on her back to her bed. All Rose's words hit her on the spot. It's not only giving her broken heart anymore, also headaches as she thinks it over.

 

Yoona who had been eavesdropping from the next room wonders what did Rose told Seohyun that it's now quiet and probably she hangs up already.

 

 

***

 

 

Since there's no more reason to stay, Seohyun decided to pack her stuffs and left the rented woodened house alone. She however did not expect a driver greeted her at the lounge after she check out. She had no reason to decline the offer and took the ride on her way back home. While on the road, she keeps in memory all the things they're passing through, including the restaurant they had their last good memories. The stuff toy she bought for her is with her and she's not even planning to give it back or throw it away. It's one of the memories she had with her during the short winter break. She can't have the guts to forget her.

 

After 4 hours and half, she arrived on her apartment, unexpectedly meet with her friends, Hyoyeon who helped her with her stuffs.

 

"Unnie, can you stay for a while?" She asks the older one who was about to leave. "I have questions and thoughts that I want to share, if that's okay for you."

 

"Sure, Seohyun. Whatever it is you can share it to me." Hyoyeon gladly stayed. "As long as you're going to feed me." She playfully added, sitting on the sofa with a grin on her face.

 

"I'll just order us pizza then." Seohyun took her phone and quickly called a fast food restaurant.

 

--

 

"You know, it's not easy to fall for someone. It takes like years to do that and only few lasted for five years in dating." said Hyo while enjoying her chicken. "But it takes just a second to break it just for one mistake. Heard about falling out of love too? That takes a while also before a couple break up. Because they care for each other so much that it's hard to make a decision."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun pouted and sighs. "Yoona and I have been dating for five years but it feels like yesterday when we started because I lose our memories." She took pour herself a glass of cola and added, "I think I'm really being unfair towards her." she drinks it in one go before biting on her new piece of pizza. It feels good to eat while she's hurting.

 

"It's fine to feel hurt because it was really unacceptable. But learn to accept and let go and heal. That can only happen if you forgive her, Seohyun. As time passes, that pain in your heart will go away, so trust that it will soon be over." Hyoyeon said as she took a big bite of her pizza again. She loves having conversations while there's food. Especially in a cozy living room and they're sitting on the floor.

 

"I miss her actually but it hurts."

 

"Right, it hurts today but tomorrow when you started to let go of it, it'll be like it didn't happen. But I believe you should talk to Yoona after you sort this out. What you did seems a little off and who knows if she's hurting more right now."

 

"That's what I am also thinking." Seohyun softly says. She recalled how she slapped her that stunned her. She saw how hurt she was too.

 

"Listen, don't give up on her, okay? Because I swear, you can't find anyone like her anymore. You and her are meant to be that you guys even reached five years. This is just a bump in your relationship. Don't let this be the reason to let someone like her go. You might regret, you know. And to tell you, she's the only person right now that you have. Well besides us your friends but she's more than special. We can't do what she can for you."

 

"Unnie that's your eleventh chicken, you're not yet full?" Seohyun noticed there are five left on the plate and she hasn't even bite one of them and she already had enough of the pizza.

 

"Chicken is life, Seohyun." Hyoyeon proudly said as she laughs and finishes her eleventh fried chicken. "But Yoona is lifer for you."

 

Seohyun laugh and almost choke on her food but she realizes she misses laughing.

 

"By the way, have Yoona mentioned about your car?" Hyoyeon continued to share what the young writer doesn't know.

 

"What about... It?"

 

"You guys had a fight about the cars you owned right now. Yoona doesn't like what you choose because she thinks the white car fits for you and the brand is better than what you like. But you insist to buy the black one and a different brand because it's cheaper for you. You guys were arguing about it for like an hour until Yoona decided to just go with what you like and she ends up buying what she likes for you, which is what she is using right now." Hyoyeon shared as she could still remember watching the couple.

 

"She didn't... Buy what she really likes for herself?" Seohyun is in disbelief.

 

Hyoyeon shakes her head. "She's weird." And chuckled. "Funny how the one she likes for you is still in good shape and she's taking care of it well."

 

"But that means... she always thinks of me." Seohyun halfheartedly said as she sighs.

 

"Right." Hyo couldn't agree more.

 

 

***

 

 

"Should I retrieve the photos on her phone now?"

 

Yuri almost choke on her food when she heard it from Yoona who was like her, drinking while a plate of fried chicken was on their table. "Yah, you come that far just to hide you guys are dating?" She's in disbelief that she can do that to her.

 

"It was just for safety proposes but guess what? She can really feel and observe well. So, it failed." Yoona sighs heavily, grabbing her can of beer and had a couple of gulps. She had been so confused weeks later. She thought she will just get over it but here she is, thinking of not giving up on her.

 

"You know when you guys are really connected with each other, you really can't break that. Destiny will always find you two. Believe me, you really can't go against that." Yuri said seriously. "Look at me and my girlfriend. We always fight and sometimes would even breakup but funny how we would always find each other again."

 

"You guys are different from us. Seohyun doesn't even remember a thing about me. I doubt she... she would even remember the things I've done for her."

 

"But the thing is, she likes you right now despite not having that memories. Wasn't that enough to keep fighting for her? You know, build memories with her again. Like how Elsa build olaf for her and Anna's memories."

 

Yoona chuckled softly. "That's really a good example... but how can I? She doesn't even answer my calls now."

 

"Did you try?" Yuri asks as she didn't think the doe-eyed did it after they returned to home.

 

"Two days ago."

 

"Seriously? Do it always. She will eventually answer you."

 

Yoona got quiet for a while before she took a piece of chicken and took a bite. "I think I will die if she answers."

 

"Why would you?" Yuri snickers.

 

Yoona took her phone from the table and showed her friend the photos of Seohyun from their previous fun times. "I mean just look at how cute she is. Who wouldn't miss her? I will die if I listen to her voice." She pouted sadly and cutely.

 

"You drunk, Yoona?" Yuri find it adorable and cute but she looked drunk for her by the fact that she already had her fifth beer.

 

Yoona smiled like a fool and just eat her chicken and she once again sulk as she looks at the photos. Then she would drink from time to time.

 

"Do you know that she's doing fine?" Yuri continues to talk to the deer however.

 

"Hmm?" Yoona raises her eyebrows.

 

"Hyoyeon said she just recently returned to work but to rewrite her unfinished novel. Isn't that indicating she's moving forward?"

 

"So, you're telling me I don't have a chance?"

 

"What?! No! That's not what I meant. I mean, that could actually mean she's not anymore living from what you've done. I think she's starting to heal."

 

Yoona blink and blink as she tried to process what the older girl have said. "She told me she wanted to continue the unfinished novel with me... But yeah, that's impossible. So she's rewriting it." She sighs heavily.

 

"What was the novel anyway?"

 

"It's about a couple that's struggling to continue their... Re... lation...ship." The doe-eyed realized something. "That novel... how did that even relate to us?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter