Love Poem

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Byul woke up feeling whole and happy for the first time, waking up to Yongsun’s daisy perfume and feeling her hair tickling her nose. Byul shifted slightly, trying to regain the use of her numb arms. Yongsun snuffled softly and opened her eyes.

 

 “Morning, unnie,” Byul said, grinning widely. Yongsun yawned and made a weird squeak.

 

 “Morning Byul. What time is it?”

 

 “You’re closer to the clock.”

 

 Yongsun rolled over, bringing the blankets along with her. “It’s 9,” She said sleepily. Byul bit her tongue from choking. Yongsun’s sleepy deep voice was very alluring, Byul admitted it damn nearly turned her on. Yongsun stumbled out of the bed, stretching and as her joints popped. Byul propped herself up and watched as Yongsun took her comb and started combing her hair.

 

 “You don’t mind if I borrow your comb?” Yongsun asked, the comb posing an inch away from her hair.

 

 “Yea, I don’t mind,” Byul replied, going into the toilet to wash up. She leaned against the toilet door frame with her toothbrush in .

 

 “You’re so cute,” Byul smirked. Yongsun blushed and hit Byul lightly.

 

 “Ah ya.”

 

 Byul finished up and waited for Yongsun. She held out her hand and bowed slightly. “Shall we go for breakfast, milady?”

 

 Yongsun curtsied. “Of course, my prince.” They giggled as they ran to the kitchen, panting and still giggling. Hana was up, waving her spatula in greeting.

 

 “You’re up early,”  Hana teased, placing the plates on the table. “I’ve prepared pancakes!”

 

 “They look really good,” Byul commented, going to the sink to wash her hands. Yongsun followed suit. “Unnie, what time did you get up?”

 

 “8.30.”

 

 “Aren’t you running on 6 hours of sleep?” Byul joked and pushed out a chair for Yongsun. Yongsun smiled gratefully.

 

 “Yes I am honey but it’s alright,” Hana replied, placing a pot of maple syrup and grape jam in front of the two girls. “Go on.”

 

 “Don’t we have to wait for the others?” Byul asked. Yongsun was practically salivating while staring at the pancakes in front of her. She then noticed how there were only three plates of pancakes on the big empty table. Hana took her seat on Byul’s left and shook her head.

 

 “I think we should let them sleep a little more. Poor things are either hungover or just exhausted,” Hana said simply and used her knife to slice her pancakes. Byul and Yongsun looked at each other, shrugged simultaneously and tucked into their breakfast.

 

 Yongsun had to admit that it was the best breakfast she had in her whole life. She loved her parents’ and Wheein’s cooking but Hana’s pancakes override them. It was soft, fluffy and was subtly sweet. Slathered in maple syrup, it tastes better than McDonald’s and Yongsun couldn’t get enough of it. Thankfully, Hana had stacked about five pieces of pancakes, enough to get your fill and not too much to get sick of. Yongsun immediately wanted to bring Hana to her place and eat her food for the rest of her life.

 

 “Nice to know someone’s enjoying my cooking,” Hana teased, dabbing delicately with a tissue. Yongsun chewed and swallowed.

 

 “Unnie, this made me want to bring you home.”

 

 Hana laughed, her laughter was like the tinkling of bells, clear and sweet. “That’s what Wheein told me when she came over to celebrate Hyejin’s birthday. I can cook for you more often and deliver it over since you live so close to me.”

 

 Yongsun’s eyes widened. “Really?”

 

 “Really,” Hana placed her plate in the sink and started washing it. “Oh and I received a text from Wheein when I woke up. She said to tell you that she’ll be bringing Hyejin back and collecting you.”

 

 “Oh?” Yongsun gasped, trying to mask her surprise. Byul looked at her, Yongsun could make out sadness in the eyes of the younger girl.  “When is she coming?”

 

 “Soon, finish up your breakfast sweetheart,” Hana continued, drying her hands on a cloth. Yongsun nodded and ate, the mood of the table became more somber once Hana left to wake up the younger girls, leaving Yongsun and Byul deep in thought.

 

 “I guess this is goodbye?” Byul mustered after a period of silence. Yongsun couldn’t meet Byul’s eyes, nodding quietly. “I had a lot of fun with you, unnie.”

 

 “I know. Me too,” Yongsun murmured.

 

 “It’s going to be goodbye for now, I’ll see you in the new term,” Byul smiled, her smile brighter than the sun. Yongsun beamed through the tears that blurred her vision.

 

 “I’ll see you then, Moon Byul Yi.”

 

 ~

 

 Byul shifted nervously as she stood outside the field, practising her swing. It was nearing the end of her season, something she’s been dreading for a long time. Not that she was nervous, she just didn’t want to be the captain of the first team that doesn’t win the championship for the university. Just as luck had it, their semi-finals match was with one of the strongest teams in the region, if they lose, they won’t qualify for the finals and for the championships. Byul could hear the hollering from the people that came to support them, her apparent fan base screaming her name incessantly. Who let them in, she wondered, eyeing the pitcher as she got ready for the pitch. Seulgi was up, swinging her bat. Hani was at third base, they were tied 0-0, if Seulgi could make a hit, they might be able to score. 

 

 “Come on Seul!” Byul yelled. She knew Seulgi couldn’t hear her since the latter was tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter