Text

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two awkward teenagers stood in front of Minhyun's house. It was a single floor terrace and there really wasn't much to see from the outside but even as Baekho was welcomed inside, he noticed that everything was rather simple. There were only the bare minimum and there was no ornaments or little decorations or even picture frames. The only thing that stood out was when Minhyun headed to a small altar that was in the corner of the room.

 

"I'm home," He said softly while placing his palms together for a short while before motioning Baekho to come in.

 

"You live alone?" Baekho asked as he took off his shoes and followed the taller male into his house.

 

"No. I live with my mum but she's almost always at work too. So like you, I spend most of my days at home alone," Minhyun said and Baekho raised his brows. He didn't know they were the same in that aspect. He guessed that was why Min would lounge in his house for hours even after their study session. It was because no one would be home even if he did come back. Just like Baekho.

 

"The altar..."

 

"My dad. He passed away three years ago," Minhyun replied with a small smile as he brewed tea.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss," Baekho said and Minhyun nodded.

 

"I'm over it already," he said softly as he placed a cup of tea down onto the coffee table. Baekho took a seat on the couch and smiled a little.

 

"Thanks." Minhyun sat down beside him and stretched a little. "So... This is where you stay, huh."

 

"Yeah."

 

Baekho wasn't sure what he was expecting to be honest when Minhyun had invited him over to his house but he guessed this was roughly what he anticipated as well. Just a simple home. They sat in silence but once again, it was short lived. "So... Back to what we were saying earlier... What are we?"

 

"Whatever you want us to be," Minhyun replied casually as he stared at the fidgeting male.

 

"That's not an answer," Baekho huffed and pouted. Minhyun smiled a little, finding Baekho's expressions fascinating. The other always had a lot of facial expressions when they were alone together.

 

"We could stay as friends but... Friends don't kiss."

 

"So... Are you suggesting...?" Baekho fiddled with his fingers.

 

"What am I suggesting?" Minhyun leaned closer to Baekho just to and it worked since Baekho shifted further, still not willing to look him in the eyes. The red was reaching his ears and Minhyun found that awfully cute.

 

"I-I don't know! That we don't kiss anymore?"

 

"Oh." Minhyun wasn't sure if he should feel disappointed or whether to laugh at Baekho but he leaned back against the couch. "We don't have to if you don't want to."

 

"I!" Baekho finally turned to look at Minhyun but just as quickly looked away as well.

 

"I've always wondered... Why can't you look me in the eye? We have known each other for almost 2 whole years now and we talk almost every morning," Minhyun decided to finally ask.

 

"Well... Your eyes are so... Sharp. And they always look... Like they're in deep thought. It's just awkward. I don't know! I feel nervous every time I look you in the eye."

 

"But you didn't feel nervous looking Min in the eyes. And you said they were pretty too." 

 

"That's because Min... I could only look at his e-wait, woah, when did I say your eyes were pretty?" 

 

"When you were drunk. You also said that you like Min, just to get it out there." 

 

Baekho shut his lips as he froze up. He did what now?! Not only did he kiss Min when he was tipsy but he also said those things? Holy crap. Baekho silently cursed himself internally as he covered his face, letting out strangled groans. "Wait?! So you already know how I feel towards you then?" 

 

"No. I know how you feel towards Min. But you're always saying how you don't like Minhyun so I don't know how you feel towards me as Minhyun." 

 

"Oh god. This is so complicated." 

 

"That's why I told it wouldn't be simple if I showed you my face before this. You were the one who said you would still want to be friends and that you wouldn't hate me." 

 

Baekho recalled saying those words now and he might have regretted it slightly. But he didn't want to regret it either. He really thought Min was a great person and if he was Minhyun, then he should be able to accept the student president too. Right? "Let's go on a date." 

 

Minhyun thought he heard wrongly so he stayed quiet. Baekho turned to him with a frown. He tried to keep his eyes concentrated on Minhyun but found himself getting flustered when their eyes met. Still, he tried to stay strong. 

 

"Did you hear what I say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter