I...

Never Say You Love Me

You blinked your big doe eyes, obviously dumbfounded while Chunji kept shutting his eyes tightly, waiting for your answer to his sudden confession.

“Chunji…” you whispered with your eyes slightly enlarged in disbelief. Chunji shut his eyes more tightly than before. A part of him was very nervous to even hear your response but the other part of him was hoping you to accept him to be your new boyfriend.

You kept quite for a while and you are motionless since Chunji had his arm encircled around you from behind. You stared at the rose in front of you then shifted your gaze to Chunji’s hand that was holding it.

Slowly, your lips curved into a sweet smile and you gently took the rose from his hand. Chunji’s eyes flew opened abruptly and he blinked them repeatedly, trying to figure out what had just happened.

“Chunji-ah, I’m…” you started breaking the ice. Chunji, who was really nervous since this early morning quickly retracted his arm from encircling you and covered both of his ears with his eyes shut tightly.

You slowly spun on your heels and faced Chunji. A soft smile came upon your face when you saw what he was doing and slowly, you placed both of your hands on his warm ones.

Chunji slowly opened his eyes and stared at you deeply in your eyes, trying to predict what your answer will be. He dropped his hands while his eyes are still searching for any clues or hints on your answer.

“Listen…” you inhaled a deep breath. “Thank you so much for your hard effort to even do this” you smiled at him sweetly with pure tenderness and gentleness in your eyes.

Chunji just kept on gazing at your eyes as if he’s exploring every bit of stars he saw in them.

“But…” your expression changed instantly and Chunji automatically widened his eyes in shock. He searched your eyes again for some hints but can’t find any of them.

Like he knew what will happen, tears suddenly welled up in his sparkly eyes, making them sparkled even more. If what he think is true then he’ll be really depressed. He also can’t predict on what will happen after that if you reject his honest confession towards you.

You once again took a deep breath and gazed at him intently in the eyes. Chunji also gazed back at you without resisting avoiding any eye contact.

His eyes grew wider by the seconds when negative thoughts whirled in his head and controlled his emotion.

“But I know…” you whispered softly and soothingly, just enough for Chunji to hear since he was closed to you.

Chunji’s heart started reacting in funny ways. It was drumming and thumping really hard until he doesn’t want to listen to what you are going to say after this. He was scared if you’ll reject him. If you do, what will he become?

His shoulders felt really heavy from every word that came out from your mouth.

And…

What you said next had left him befuddled as well as dumbfounded and his heart that kept on beating crazily earlier had stopped right at the moment.

The tears that had welled up in his eyes had finally rolled down and he can’t conceal his feelings anymore.

“But I know if I just answer with this, you won’t accept it… So I’ll straight-forwardly answer…” you paused for a while as you looked up at him to make sure he was listening carefully. “I…”

At the slight pause after that made Chunji gulped in worry *Please, please, please* he prayed.

“… Love you, too” you finally managed to say the words that Chunji had really wanted to hear from you. “I love you…” you repeated again to make sure that Chunji had heard you.

And now that he had really heard the most beautiful words from the girl he loved, he snapped out into reality and his lips curled into a wide happy smile. His teary eyes harbored happiness, relief and mostly love. He really can’t convey the feelings he was feeling right now.

He then without wanting to waste much time, grabbed your shoulders and pulled you into his protective arms. You softly smiled and gladly encircled your arms around his waist. Chunji hugged your even tighter as his tears fell and wetted your shoulders and you don’t mind at all.

Chunji kept on crying in happiness and you just patted his back soothingly so that he would stop wasting his tears on something like this. Your smile never left your face as you snuggled into the crook of your boyfriend’s neck.

------------------------------------------

Ahaha! XD

What did you guys expect? A rejection? ;)

Comment and subcribe!