You can't hide the secret

Flowers

The day went without a hitch. They spent time together, ate, laughed, went out to enjoy the sun, the water... Everything was being perfect. Well, almost.

Yuri made an effort to smile and to pretend that nothing was happening, that everything was fine. It's not the first time she did it, that she pretended to be happy, but it's always more difficult for her to do it with her group than with the people outside.

Yoona and Tiffany helped everything go well from afar. As much as they wanted to be by her side, they thought that the black pearl also wanted her moments alone and with the others. She needed to spread her mind and not think about what she had.

When someone proposed to play a game of volleyball, the two became alert ready to cover Yuri as soon as possible. But the black pearl was so fit that the match barely tired her and, thank God, she didn't cough a single time.

Swimming Yuri felt free for a long time. It is no secret that she loved to do so. Naturally, she moved away from the sand and spent a good time here and there or simply floating.

That night they did an unespected karaoke at home. All except Yuri, who apologized for .

By midnight they had all gone to the rooms already. Tiffany fell asleep as soon as she touched the bed. Yuri read a little until began to itch. She turned to get her water bottle and realized it was empty.

"Great," she thought as she got up and went to the kitchen to get another one. There she saw the maknae picking up a couple of bottles as well. The little one made a yawn.

"Oh, unnie" was surprised to see the pearl. "Do you come for water?"

Yuri nodded as she approached. Seohyun held out the two in her hand, and turned to take others.

"Thank you Seoh-" Yuri could not finish the sentence when a coughing fit began. She left the bottles quickly and put both hands to trying to camouflage the sound.

Seohyun was so frightened when she saw Yuri fall to the ground on hee knees as she coughed that she quickly went to her room.

"Hyoyeon-unnie" called.

"What's wrong?" she asked, worried at the sight of the young woman's pale face.

"It's Yuri-unnie, she..." started but seeing that she couldn't go on she took the hand of the blonde, who was already getting up and took her quickly to the kitchen. There Yuri was still coughing.

"Yuri!" exclaimed the dancer. She crouched beside her quickly and brought her arms closer to those of the pearl trying to calm her. She caressed them as she whispered words that seemed to calm her companion little by little.

"F-Fany..." managed to whisper between coughs and coughs.

Seohyun quickly went to the room and thirty seconds later she was back with an alarmed Tiffany who had got up just by hearing "Yuri" from the mouth of the maknae.

The American approached and together with the dancer managed to calm the cough. Seohyun stayed a little apart hoping not to burden her unnie anymore.

The cough seemed to have calmed down so Yuri withdrew her hands from with some fear and there they were, more petals. Now two colors: white, which was their color, and red, from the blood that had come out with them.

Yuri raised her fearful gaze toward the eyes of Fany, who watched without making a move. Then she saw the face of Hyoyeon, who could tell that she was trying to understand what was going on. Finally she looked at the maknae, who fell to the ground this time with her hands on her face as her eyes filled with tears.

"No... It can't be," she cried as Hyoyeon embraced her without fully understanding. "Tell me it's not what it looks like."

"Seohyun..."

"Say it!" asked the young woman now, crying. When she did not receive an answer, the tears fell even more.

-----

A while later the four of them were in the YulTi room with the explanation said and tears shed by HyoSeo on the way.

Hyoyeon, sitting to Yuri's right, had her half embraced in fear, as if she was going to go from one moment to the next and, in a way, it was possible.

Seohyun, sitting with Tiffany in her bed, looked at the floor without knowing what to say or do. So many years of studying, so much knowledge that she had but none could help her friend.

"Who else knows," Hyoyeon asked, breaking the silence.

"Yoona" replied Yuri. "She found out the other day when she visited me.

"Now I understand why you have been watching Yuri-unnie all day," said Seohyun in an almost inaudible voice.

"Did you plan to say it, Yuri?" asked the dancning queen again. She noticed the pearl moving somewhat uncomfortably in her arms.

"I... It's not that I didn't want to tell, but it's all been very fast and you know that I don't like to see you badly and more knowing that it's because of me and..."

"Sorry, I didn't want it to sound so rude," apologized the blonde as she watched the inner struggle of the tallest. "I just don't want you to go through this alone. Neither I nor any of us."

Seohyun nodded. "Besides, there's a cure, isn't there?"

"About that..." began Yuri and, thank goodness, Tiffany intervened.

"Why don't we rest and talk about this another time?" she asked as softly as she could.

"Oh, right, it's too late already," fixed the maknae. "Unnie, come on," she said to the blonde holding her hand, "we have to sleep our hours to have a healthy life.

"B-but..."

Seohyun ignored the blonde's protests. She kissed Yuri on the forehead and said goodbye to Tiffany. Then she dragged Hyoyeon to her room.

Yuri sighed. Tiffany sat next to her.

"Are you okay?" she asked, holding her hands.

Yuri nodded. "Sunny and Sooyoung won't be long before they find out either," he said. "They're very smart when they want to be. And I doubt they haven't noticed that I'm not as I always am.

"It's lucky Taeyeon is clueless, isn't it," she joked. Yuri smiled, "Have you... thought about telling her how you feel?"

Yuri moved into bed and lay down looking at the wall, with her back to Tiffany, who sighed and lay facing the ceiling. Just when she thought Yuri wouldn't answer, she heard her voice.

"Clearly, it's unrequited love. Telling her won't change anything. I'll just be ridiculed, she'll feel bad for not reciprocating and that's the cause of my situation.

"Yuri, listen to me well. There is nothing ridiculous about telling someone about your feelings. On the contrary, it is precious. There's nothing nicer than being told that you're loved," Tiffany said very seriously. The pearl turned a little to see her face. "I respect your decision anyway. Sooner or later she'll know what's wrong and she'll go crazy knowing that someone is causing you pain. I can't wait to see her insulting herself," she ended up joking to lighten the mood.

Yuri smiled and returned to her position looking at the wall. Tiffany turned off the light, hugged her and closed her eyes.

"Good night, Yuri."

"Good night, Tiffany. Thank you.

And with a smile on her face, Tiffany fell asleep.

----

 

Another one, friends. I hope you enjoy. :)