02- It Can't Be

Bound By A Promise

Chapter 2:

[BoA's POV]

The alarm clock's shrill ringing woke me up early in the morning. Groaning as I rubbed my eyes, I took a glance at the clock. It showed 7:00. The thought of school flashed through my mind and I groaned again. Umma and Appa had enrolled me into Seoul High, a school which was just a stone throw away from my apartment for my convenience. I didn't really fancy school much for I found the things they taught really meaningless but I didn't have a choice, do I? The only one good thing about Seoul High is that there were no uniforms. Thank god. Uniforms would just give me another reason to hate school.

*Let's just hope today would be a good day* I thought as I staggered to the bathroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed.

'This is decent enough, right?' I said aloud as I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in printed tee, plaited skirt and a black cardigan and well, I thought I looked great. Smiling, I brushed my hair into a high ponytail and put on the necklace that Jaejoong gave me years back. That necklace was probably the most precious thing ever. I took great care of it and I had never once let my friends touch it although they had requested it many times before.

Taking one last look at the mirror, I grabbed my school bag and made my way for Seoul High.

[At Seoul High]

(Jaejoong's POV)

I was busily rummagging through my locker for my textbooks when I heard someone speak to me.

'Hey oppa.' a girl, I don't know who exactly, crooned.

'Oh hey... Hara.' I greeted as I slammed my locker shut, holding my books in my right arm.

'Oppa, are you free tonight?' she asked while batting her eyelashes at me. My part time job conveniently ended at six every day so it didn't really interfere with my social life.

'Yeah. Of course. Anytime for you babe.' I said as I slung my left arm around her waist and together, we made our way to class while attracting envious looks and glares from everyone.

*As usual...*

[BoA's POV]

'Oh my god. Wow.' I muttered aloud as I took in the sight before me in awe. Seoul High was freakishly big and it had lush green foliage surrounding it. The school campus was swarmed with lots of girls and boys, some whom were by themselves while some were talking within their own cliques. Based on what I saw, it soon dawned upon me that to be able to survive in this school, I obviously had to have a clique and that was just great. I hate cliques, all of them.

Taking a deep breath and plastering a smile on my face, I entered the school and made my way down the hallway. At the sight of me, some girls immediately stopped talking and gave me a glare while some boys gave me lecherous looks.

*What the hell did I do to them? Ah crap. FINALLY.* I thought as the general office came into view. I needed to register myself and collect my schedule and from what it seems, the general office might just be my escapade. Hurriedly, I jogged the last few steps to the general office and breathed a sigh of relief when the sound of papers fluttering and machines printing papers greeted my ears.

'Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kwon BoA, the new student. Do you have my schedule here?' I asked the ahjumma sitting by the desk.

'Ah neh! You're the new girl right? Wait a minute...Ah! Here's your schedule.' she said as she ruffled through the stacks of papers, finally producing a slightly crumpled sheet of paper.

'Kamsahamnida!' I said with a smile.

'No problem. Have a good day!'

With one last smile, I left the general office.

-//-

'Ah heck. Where the hell is this room 502?!' I muttered aloud in frustration as I roamed the school halls with my eyes fixed on my schedule. I had tried asking some girls but they all ignored me. Some even pushed me away. I didn't really mind the fact that I got ignored, but pushing? That was seriously rude! I wanted to say something back to them about pushing others away but I held myself back for I did not want to ruin my image on the very first day of school.

'Ah .' I cursed as I accidentally bumped into someone.

'Mianhae.' I apologised.

'It's alright. Hey, are you new here? I haven't seen you around.' the girl spoke.

'Ah neh. I'm Kwon BoA and you're?'

'I'm Lee Soon Kyu. Call me Sunny!' she chirped.

'Oh, it's nice to meet you. Uh, do you know where room 502 is?' I asked. From the way she spoke and carried herself, I figured she was friendly enough, unlike those other girls.

'502? That's the same classroom as me! Omo! That's so awesome~ Come on, let's go!' she said and pulled me along behind me. I smiled, my first day in a new school and I've already made a friend. Maybe things won't be that bad after all...

[Jaejoong's POV]

Finally, after god knows how long, the teacher came.

'Good morning class.' Teacher Ahn greeted.

'Good morning.' the class greeted back in a monotone. School was simply a waste of time. I could put the time spent here to good use, like let's say working to pay off the debts?

'We have a new student with us today. Please treat her nicely.' she announced. At this, the class got visibly more alive. The classroom door swung open and a rather tall girl with long, brown hair entered. She was wearing a printed tee matched with a dark plaited skirt and damn! She had nice legs.

*Hmm...my next target perhaps?* the thought ran through my head as I started thinking of ways to start conversations with her. She was going to be hard, I realised, as I watched the way she carried herself. She had dignity and pride, something which sadly, most of the girls here don't. Once they see a hot man, they'll practically throw themselves on him. Typical behavior.

'Annyeonghaseyo. Kwon BoA imnida. I just moved here from America. Please treat me nicely.' she said.

*Wait a minute...Kwon BoA? Why does that name sound so familiar? Kwon BoA....BOBO? No, it can't be...* I thought as I observed her closely for the birthmark that I know Bobo has.

*.*

It was her. This Kwon BoA had the same birthmark as Bobo and it was located at the same place-- her right arm. . What is she doing back here in Seoul? Her prescence here only brought back my old memories, memories that I had locked up in my head.

'So, where to seat you next? Hmm...' Teacher Ahn wondered aloud. At this, some of the guys in the class started raising their hands and shouting 'Me! Me!' which unfortunately, earned BoA a couple of glares from the girls.

'Hmm...how about Minhee? Yeah. Sit next to her, BoA.' Teacher Ahn said.

*Thank god it's not me or any other guy*

[BoA's POV]

Lessons were pretty much a bore. The girl that I was sitting next to- Minhee was really cold. I tried talking to her but she just ignored me. Seriously! What's wrong with the people here? After several failed attempts, I decided to give up and instead, occupy my mind with thoughts about Jaejoong.

*Hmm...I wonder where Jaejoong is right now? Could he be in this school too? Possibly...I'm gonna ask Sunny!* I made up my mind before lesson ended. It won't hurt to try right?

[At the cafeteria]

'Sunny-ah, do you know if there a Kim Jaejoong-sshi here?' I asked as we sat at a table, eating our lunch. Sunny, after hearing my question, put her sandwich down and gave me a weird look.

'Well, yes.' she said.

'Is he in here? Can you show me him?' I requested excitedly. Just the thought of seeing my Joongie made me happy.

'Well you see that guy there who is making out with a girl? That's Kim Jaejoong.' Sunny asked as she pointed at a boy with brown hair who was currently kissing, no wait, face with a rather pretty girl.

'Are you sure?' I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was this type of behavior even allowed in school?!

'Well duh.' Sunny replied.

*No...*

'It can't be... My Joongie won't kiss girls like that...heck! He won't even touch them!' I unknowingly muttered aloud.

'Joongie?'

'Huh? Oh, that's nothing...' I said, distracted.

'Well, if you say so~'

For the rest of lunch hour, Sunny started talking about the hot guys in our school but she was always continuously bringing up this guy called Sungmin or something. It was pretty much obvious that our girl here has a crush. If I had noticed this earlier, I would have probably or something but now, I just wasn't in the mood. My head kept replaying the scene from before. The scene when Jaejoong was making out with some girl.

*He...he can't be my Joongie right? This must be some stupid coincidence. It can't be... it just can't be!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm feeling really demoralised. I have so little subscribers and it's pretty much obvious that this fic isn't really doing well *sigh*

Usual drills please. Kamsahamnida :)