The one with the Night Kiss

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

Warning: Concepts contained in this chapter include kissing xD

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


It was his first time he was driving his bike to pick up a girl. A girl that annoyed him. A girl who had busted herself to live in his brother's room. But he could not blame only her. Masaki was equally to blame. Allowing a stranger into their house. Now he would have to share a flat with a girl. And although Hiroto caught always the attention of most girls without being silly flirtatious like his brother. He preferred being a loner.

He drove through the empty streets as fast as he could. The pink seat was still irritating him. He felt lucky that no one of the other gangs saw his bike at the moment. He would have been a mockery and ridicule. He managed to reach club Heaven without being seen or criticized. He took off his helmet and placed it on the throttle (grip).

Next, he leaped off his bike and stepped into Club Heaven. The club was crowded and it took him a few long seconds to spot Rocky and the drunk roommate. He was astonished as he walked closer and could clear now see Amaya. Her attire was so out of place, she was haven a silly smile on her face and was talking to Rocky and Koo. Though neither Rocky or Koo seemed amused by that.

"Oe! How did you end up like that?" Hiroto questioned as he walked through the crowd towards the end of the Bar were Rocky, Koo and Amaya were.

Rocky and Koo seemed relieved as they noticed Hiroto. They would finally find some peace from the talk active drunk girl. "You came. Is she always like that?" Rocky mocked while cracking a smile.

Hiroto finally reached them and stood between Rocky and the sitting Amaya. He glared at Rocky openly "Not really. But she is always annoying." he noted and turned to face her. "Come, I'll drive you back!"

Amaya tipsy and happy jumped off her seat against Hiroto "My ride is here!" she cheered and casually wrapped her arms around Hiroto to balance herself. Her head rested against his shoulder as she whispered: "I haven't paid..."

Hiroto was taken by surprise at her bold move, though he reached and wrapped his left arm around her to keep her steady. His eyes scanned her from top to bottom and he shook his head. "How much did she drink?" he mumbled annoyed. His right hand reached his pocked for money as he asked Rocky "How much for the drinks?"

Rocky tapped his right shoulder "It's on the house. You already have a lot to deal with." He was about to leave as he suddenly turned and faced Hiroto. "She was saying something about Doubt? What's going on?" Rocky asked the youngest of the Amamiya brothers.

Hiroto raised an eyebrow "She talked a lot. Yes, I think they are active underground. Masaki is looking into it. We will contact you if we get more information." His grip around her tightened while he was talking with Rocky. Amaya still in her world went on hugging and clinching against him. She found his ears quite interesting and was teasing and blowing air against them.

"There were rumors about Doubt. But now we'll also look into it." Rocky added as he was gazing at the drunk girl that was all over Hiroto. "You better take her home now, before ..." he suggested chuckling.

Hiroto frowned and pulled her off him, he put his arm around her stepping forward "Start walking." he demanded. He waved a fast goodbye towards Rocky and Koo. Then he slowly made his way out with the drunk girl.

Amaya followed giggling and keeping close to him. She was having a great time still, without any worry. She mumbled in a funny and crocked way "Do we have to go home? We could go get some more drinks. My treat!" she yelled. Next, she pulled away from Hiroto and hopped a few steps away.

Hiroto took a deep breath as they have reached his bike by then. "Stay calm!" he said to himself, trying his best not to attack her. "You've already had enough! Have you seen how you look? A total mess!" he uttered at her and grabbed her arm pulling her towards his bike. He mounted the bike and waited for her. "Get on! We are leaving!"

Amaya let out a snickering laugh and climbed behind him wrapping her arms once again around his waist casually. "You sound y when you are so bossy!" she hiccupped and sat cozier against the pink cowl seat. "The touch of pink... was missing! Now your bike looks so cool..." she went on mumbling like that as she leaned closer and rested her head against his back.

Hiroto rolled his eyes and turned the engine on. "Hold on tied!" he advised her, he wore his helmet and drove off. During the ride home, he could not hear what she was saying. But he noticed that she was talking without stopping or getting tired. Though he knew his words would go in vain if he started a fight with her. Tomorrow both her and his brother would be in trouble.

They reached home after a few minutes. Hiroto parked his bike and took off his helmet. He leaped off his bike and held his hand aiding Amaya to climb off and steady herself. He thought most of his trouble was over. Now he only had to help her upstairs. He would never, ever get involved with her again.

Amaya stepped down and accepted his help. She stood there staring at Hiroto with a strange smile on her face. She noticed his messy hair that was created when he took off his hamlet. She lifted her arm and let her fingers randomly brush his hair. Her eyes pinned against his as she tilted her head "Your eyes..." she mumbled, "Have a bit of light brown ..." She gave him a genuine smile and found him attractive in her drunk state.

Hiroto paused gazing back at her noticing her shirt that was still tangle and showing part of her lace bra. No men would say no to have a peek to a woman's cleavage. Yet it felt so wrong since that particular annoying girl was drunk. He slowly reached her shirt and buttoned it up. "Even drunk you should take care of yourself around men," he told her.

Then and there, for a second a moment was created. Amaya rested her left hand against his shoulder. Her fingertips softly teased the fabric and tangled it along. She took one more step closer and stood on her toes. Suddenly her lips touched his and she started kissing him.

Hiroto was caught up to the moment. He didn't pull back as he normally would. He leaned closer and let his arms around her as he deepened the kiss. His lips softer at first and then wilder kissed her. He pulled her even closer and soon they were making out, lips touching lips and soon their tongues tangled along.

Amaya wrapped her arms now fully around him, her body was touching his and she wanted more and more of that kiss. She could feel her legs trembling and she was almost out of breath as there were so much passion and lust inside that kiss.

Hiroto acknowledged that she was such a damn great kisser. He would keep kissing her overwhelmed by the moment until it started raining. And drop after drop the cold water brought Hiroto back to reality. He froze and looked at her speechless for a second. Then he pulled her inside the entrance of the building. He seemed confused by his actions. He hit his head and then slowly helped her upstairs.

Thankfully Amaya seemed sleepy and did not comment about the kiss. He unlocked the door and managed to get her inside Takeru's room. He covered her up and did not even bother to help her change from her dirty clothes. Afterward, he ran and hid inside his room avoiding Masaki. He locked his door and leaned against it hitting his back of the head a couple of times against it.

Why did he kiss her back? If she remembers tomorrow what would his excuse be? Amaya had already her alibi, she was drunk. Damn, he knew how drunk she was. He hates her and finds her annoying. Though tonight he had crossed his limits. He cursed himself for a couple more times and then went to bed. He actually could not sleep that night.


The next morning she woke up fully covered under the blankets, she sat up massaging her forehead. The headache from the hangover was kicking in. She lost count how much she drunk last night after the third drink. Her memory came back in pieces. She remembered she was drinking, dancing and talking a lot. She was sure she talked with someone from the White Rascals. But she wanted to forget that. She did not need more of SWORD members in her life. But after that nothing. How did she return? Who helped her to bed? She could not recall anything. And above all that, she had an odd dream. She dreamed of kissing the arrogant younger brother of the Amamiya Brothers. What a nightmare!

Although the kiss was real and she was the one who started it. But for now for Amaya, it was only a dream and for Hiroto a memory he decided to ignore. He left early that morning avoiding once again Masaki and Amaya. His plan of having a long talk with both of them was put in a hold. Since the kiss accident was more important to deal with at the moment.

After having her shower and changing her clothes. Amaya wore black leggies and a long woolen shirt. She reached the Kitchen still baffled and started making coffee. "What a strange dream!" she mumbled to herself. "I need to make it clear no more drinks. Even if Tanaka-san gets insulted." she sighed.

"How are you feeling? You drunk a lot last night!" Masaki suddenly cut her off. He had just returned, he was out researching a bit about Doubt and he informed Cobra. He knew Hoodlum Squad would contact the rest of SWORD. "Are you not working today?"

She finished making her coffee and grabbed the mug and sat down sighing one more time. "Don't remind me that. After the third drink, I lost count how much I drunk. I'm not sure even how I ended up here." she sipped some of her coffee and stretched before adding. "I am not working on weekends. But I will clean Takeru's room and settle in. I was wondering" she pointed at the area behind the couch "If I can use the desk as my office. I have all these designs, the laptop, and notes. I am working from home a lot, it would be like my second office."

Masaki noticed that she was a bit more talk active than usual. Maybe it was that she was not fully recovered from last night's alcohol. "Rocky informed me. And Hiroto picked you up." he clarified her confusion. "Then you will stay after all. Great news." he smiled and nodded at her. "No one uses the desk, feel free to use it." he ensured her.


The rest of the day she was cleaning and organizing her belongings inside Takeru's room. Last she started cleaning the desk and throwing away all the magazines and old newspapers. Of course, she asked Masaki and he agreed those were the only trash. After all, no one had used that Desk for a long time. The rest of the apartment was needy and clean. Yet the desk was the only part no one ever used.

"Hiroto-kun, where were you all day long?" Masaki asked when he noticed Hiroto stepping inside the apartment and closing the door behind him. He stepped closer and studied him. "Did you not sleep well?" he quizzed confused.

Though neither Masaki managed to finish questioning Hiroto neither Hiroto answered back. As Amaya suddenly rushed out of Takeru's room and caught their attention. "Finally it's ready! All done!" she said and gestured them to check the room.

Masaki nodded and dragged with him Hiroto they stepped inside Takeru's old room. The smell had changed now, but it was not much different from the old clean and refreshing smell that Takeru's room had. The bed was the same only the covers had changed. Also, many of the empty spots were now filled with women's stuff. Yet most of the room reminded still of Takeru. Even his leather jacket and his helmet was never removed from the end of the corner.

Both of the Amamiya Brothers were pleased with the outcome. Even Hiroto who thought Amaya would change the room in many ways. For a second he thought maybe he judged her too fast. His gaze rested against her and only then he noted she was staring at him back. Time froze and both felt awkward. Masaki was commenting on what a great job she had done with the room.

"Let's see the desk!" she suddenly said and stepped outside form the room towards the desk. She felt suffocating inside her room now as Hiroto was gazing at her. Because she started thinking that the kiss she thought as a dream, was not a dream but a memory. 'What on Earth has she done last night!?'

The desk and the area around though had changed a lot. Surrounding the desk were all kind of designs rolled and stuffed in sheaths. Her laptop was in the middle of the desk. Books filled the upper shelves and notes and files the rest. Her phone and an iPad were charging next to the Laptop. Then there was a picture of her, flowers and small gadgets.

"Oe! What have you done!" Hiroto uttered after he detected all the changes she has done in their main area. "Why are you all your stuff in here?" he turned and faced her. The awkward moment was forgotten and Hiroto seemed furious once again.

Amaya glared at him "I asked before using the desk. And if you ask me, it looks much better now!" she responded with a strong voice.

"Better! It's all pink and girly! You forget we only rent you a room and not the whole house!" he shouted at her and stepped closer.

"Tak! (Geez!) Get used to it because it will stay like that! Deal with it!" she yelled at him.

Masaki chuckled as both of them went on quarreling. He didn't even bother to stop them. After all, verbal fights and loud moments were always part of the Amamiya brothers. Amaya seemed to fit in those moments. He simply went to make something to eat and left them fighting.

That evening they both argued for a long time and made it clear how much each dislikes the other. True be told, that fight was so necessary for all the awkwardness to be neglected and the kissed to be forgotten. It was like both agreed that it never happened. Each for his reasons.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Seven


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^