The one with the Breaking-in

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

This night the wind howled through the broken window carrying a scent that would bring a change to SWORD. It has been a few days that none had seen Cobra or Hiroto. The word was out that Amamiya and Sannoh were enemies now. Yet none of both parties acted like that. Even Masaki who was the last who received the message. He weighed the odds and still couldn't understand his younger brother. What was going on lately with Hiroto?

A shade lifted his head and placed his glass of whiskey at the table. He blinked in surprise. The message had been correct: Amaya would indeed marry into Kuze Family. He said icily "We have to prevent this from happing or die!"

Around him, the room's wall was filled with maps, newspaper articles and any information he and Cobra gathered about Kuryu group. They even paid a sudden visit to Cherry Chang. Although she could not verify the conclusion that Hiroto and Cobra had reached, she outlined that Kuryu has its hands now over the Casino plans and the deeds. No one could relax now as the worries were somehow proven. It was a great possibility that Amaya agreed upon on everything to save them and SWORD.

Their target was now clear. The sky was silent and dark, and a slight breeze stirred the air. Both of them leaped on their bikes and headed over to Kuryu headquarters. Today they had one party officially announcing their plans to restart the Casino plan in another region. It was today when all Kuryu was busy attending the celebration that Hiroto and Cobra decided to strike.

Hiroto stood with quiet assurance in the dusky moonlight, then strode into the tunnel that would lead them behind the main building. He looked at Cobra who was following him. Hiroto knew the way, he had memorized the map. All their work of the past days had led to this moment. Hiroto took a last steadying breath and broke through the old door into the basement.

Behind him followed Cobra. The basement was dark only a blue dim light was noticeable. Yet it was enough to ensure them to pass through the underground halls. The silence made it only spookier. Mist s closer as they found the wooden stairs that would lead them to the second floor were Ryu's office was. All the documents should be kept there. A piece of information that was offered by Noboru. He was informed about it when he was still working under the Iemura.

They watched the main corridor for danger for long minutes, but the only thing that moved was the mist. Downstairs in the central area, the party had already started and the rest of the building seemed to be abandoned. Cautiously, both released the tension and moved forward. Moonlight cast them in pale shadow as they broke into the office and towards the safe.

Furuno, the hacker, had provided them with a chip-wear that could spot the password of the safe in no time. Hiroto locked it in and waited. Nothing happened. He picked it up again and restarted the process. This time the algorithm started running and in a few seconds, the safe was open. Hiroto cast a satisfied look over Cobra. He pulled the documents and started looking one after the other.

"Here it is! The casino plans and the deeds of Nameless City, even Sannoh!" he whispered and handed them to Cobra. "I guess that is the reason why the Triads stopped going after us!"

Cobra nodded and took the documents securing them into his jacket. "We have to go! Is there anything else?" he asked gazing at the door to make sure no one was coming.

Hiroto went through the Document one more time. "No, those documents are not related to us," he responded. Then he was ready to place the rest of the document back at the safe when he noted one more document pinned in the safe's wall. He reached for it and grabbed it reading it. "This is..." he said as he noted it was the contract that Amaya had signed.

Suddenly the alarm was set off as he had grabbed the document. He hid it into his poked and closed the safe. Cobra gave him an angry look and pulled Hiroto with him. Both of them were now running down the corridor as fast as they could. Armed Kuryu group members started running after them. At the end of the corridor, there were two options. Down the stairs, from where they came from or to the end other aside of the building.

Hiroto paused suddenly and pushed Cobra down of the stairs lightly. "Run! I'll delay them!" he uttered under his breath and handed Cobra Amaya's contract.

"Oi! I can't leave you behind!" Cobra cried out "We are on this together!"

"If we are caught our efforts will be in vain!" Hiroto ensured him "Trust me on this! Run!"

Finally, Cobra agreed and escaped underground and Hiroto remained taking the second hallway. Soon Kuryu was after him and he was storming off the western corridors of the Kuryu group. He had no idea where he was going, but his first priority was to lead them away from Cobra. Cobra managed to escape thought Hiroto ended up trapped with ten Kuryu men surrounding him.

He fought a few before guns were brought into the game. He rushed outside and climbed down the balcony with bullets flying right and left to him until one hit him against the right shoulder blade. He lost his balance and fell in the back yard. Hiroto out of persistent Vigilance and sharp reflexes avoided most of the bullets. He cursed and spun around standing up. His shoulder was bleeding and it was aching, but he had to escape from that place.

Meanwhile, at the Party, everything seemed smoothy. The guests were arriving. Amaya dressed formally was standing next to Ryu. She still couldn't believe it she would be part of Kuryu Clan. Those few days she was living in that forsaken place she was missing her days she spent with the Amamiya Brothers. He hated the lessons that were given to her.

It was chaos in her head; she did not know why she ended up agreeing to that foolish thing. How did she get there? What to do? Where to go? All those questions baffled her head, for the moment she opened her eyes. She breathed deeply scanning the bright chamber that filled with so many people. Why were so many important people still supporting Kuryu? It bothered how shallow people could be.

Sadly, she could not understand. Her mind was clouded, the past a fading dream and nothing to prove if it was real. There was part of her memories that were still there, and part that was blended like pieces of a puzzle. A puzzle she could recollect only tiny pieces. Hiroto was slowly becoming a faraway memory. Yet why did she feel him so close?

It was then when the Alarm rose. Ryu almost jumped. And the look in his face already told Amaya something bad was happening. At once, he ran off calling his men. She followed him. She found out that someone broke into his office and documents were stolen. "No way!" she mumbled to herself. A forbidden hope rose inside her and her brain started to work.

That break-in was related to her; it had to be. Again she forgot the contract she had signed, the blood oath she took. The time she heard gun shoots she was troubled. Amaya dushed off aiming to reach the area from the gunshots were heard. The armed men were still running around as it seemed the man had escaped. She followed them downstairs in the back yard.

The Kuryu men went left, she turned right. The blood drops in the corner pointed her that way. Clue that the men didn't notice. A few more seconds of running and she ended in the entrance of the tunnel. Hiroto's bike was parked there. Cobra was already gone. She paused as in front of her was now standing a familiar face.

Her black eyes made the mistake to take a look further. She noted him standing there his gaze pinned on her. Amaya was dazed. She curled her lips and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes once again. Hiroto was still there watching her. A fire burned low inside her. She stood in the deepest of her shadows, looking across him. She shouldn't be there. But she could not leave. She had to be sure he was okay. She strode only then to notice, that he was bleeding.

Amaya worried now reached him leaped into his arms. Hiroto didn't wait only watching her running towards him was enough. Now he knew why she acted like that. He had seen the documents and read the contract. He was a fool he believed her words. He should stop her before things got too serious.

She suddenly felt Hiroto's hand on her shoulder, he was close enough to her reach, though when he made contact his skin was cooler than she imagined. There was no hint of sadness in his eyes like the news had reached him. His lips formed the words her legs gave away and she sensed his arms catching her, not pulling her up but ensuring she met the ground more gently. The anticipation tingled through her, like electrical sparks on the way to the ground, gathering in her toes. She needed to render understandable, how things were.

He was not slumped at all, his body was clearly too muscular for that, yet it was just as relaxed as his face. He was smiling; smiling as if something good were about to happen. The world felt through her feet. How could the 'ert' smile and look so relaxed? Did he know? And why was he even there?

Yet, once again, her mind was enchanted, charmed and fascinated by him. For her, he could be at the ends of the earth and still she would feel pulled towards him. There was something about him and her that matched, each half loving the other so fully that life alone would be meaningless.

Amaya's gaze slid to the side. Hiroto pulled her against his chest nearer. Ignoring his bleeding shoulder. He did not need any words, the emotions that filled the area was enough, to make it clear. How deeply in love they really were. His nose tickled her ear. She let out a tiny gasp and squirmed uncomfortably. She felt his lips softly graze her slender neck. Her face heated. She summoned enough courage to meet his gaze. His dark eyes twinkled. 'He knows!?' she thought. Every move he made, would give away, that something had changed since last time they spoke.

"Why are you here?" she questioned, as her petite body form leaned against him. The long silver gown was waving against the fair breeze. Her curly long hair formed a messy hairstyle, cause of the same breeze. "We agreed, never to see each other again!" Her words did not match her facial expression. Her eyes were wide open, a gentle smile was formed in her face and could not vanish.

She was burning. Why was she on such, fire? He was the most stubborn and fearless person she could ever meet. "You are wounded?" she mumbled worried noticing the blood against her hand.

Hiroto happier than ever stared at her. He would answer her, and they would talk as long as they needed it. Just, for the time being, he needed to touch her and look at her. He would admit, she was classically beautiful, or beyond it. She could never be as beautiful as some women. She would never be as wise and pure as others. But her large liquid jet black eyes held such intelligence and serenity that it was impossible for him not to be held prisoner by them. Her cheekbones weren't especially high and her nose was a little too small to be perfect, but there was undeniable symmetry to her features and perhaps that's what held him so captivated. Her imperfection stuttered and blushed him in such ways; he wanted to give her more than his own heart.

"Its nothing just a scratch!" he said. But what was winning him fully over was the person she was. She could easily like that walk into a trap only to save those close to her. "You spoke to fast. I fear you have taken deadly hurt before I could tell." Hiroto conceded, his arms were wrapped around her keeping her near him. He felt the warmth of her body, against his cold one. "You were wrong! You never let me talk!"

Amaya lifted her eyes and pinned her gaze against him "I was so wrong!" she agreed with him. She shifted her body against his "What did you find out? Who told you?" she asked him

"We know our people. Me, as well as Cobra, guessed you had your reason to act like that. And today while finding the document and your contract it was verified." Hiroto whispered under his breath, remaining close to her. "You have to talk to Cobra, leave this place."

"I have already given my word. I have taken a blood oath!" she revealed dropping her gaze.

"Idiot!" Hiroto shouted and he would strike her there and then "I don't care! You are coming with me even if it means starting a war with Kuryu."

He leaned in a little closer, their foreheads touching. Her very smell was flooding his senses now. She was so near, so close, and there were so many reasons he should not touch her. Yet, the moment was so alluring, he was bewitched and forever forsaken inside her dark gaze. He tightened his arms around her. His slender muscle form was touching against her fair body.

His lips brushed against hers. It was not an innocent touch, it was hot as a tease, fiery, passionate and demanding. She would pull back, she should. It was the right thing to do. But Amaya was never conflicted between wrong or right. Her senses had been seduced, and she did not need long to think straight.

"Amaya!" he whispered slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. Her heart fluttering at his voice as she shivered to his touch and tone. She could fully surrender now. She had no reason, no possible factors to keep her away.

And then he finally kissed her and the world fell away. Time collapsed, as the past, the present and the future united. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. He pulled her closer until there was no space left between them and he could feel the beating of her heart against his chest.

She hardly had a moment to react, before he pressed his tongue to her lips. It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of fresh and clean breaths. Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to her hip. It settled there and pulled her closer. She inhaled sharply. She was against his warm chest, chiseled to perfection.

As he kissed her, her brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout her entire body. After that, she was addicted, and drawn towards him. She couldn't bear to be with him. She could barely breathe when he was around. Her mind once again was filled with firework. In her stomach, butterflies orbit. Those kisses were her salvation and her torment. How much had things changed, she lived for them and she would die with the memory of them on her lips. How could it be, she was wrapped around him, in an impossible way. It was madness, that someone would admit having fallen so deeply in love. Yet, she was! She was surely more than ever. That 'ert' had stolen her heart, her soul and body.

Moments past and it was time for them to escape. Hiroto didn't ask her to follow he simply dragged her with him. Even if Amaya pulled away, he didn't agree. It didn't matter if she would break an oath and vow in this world. He would never allow her to return to Kuryu.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty-Seven


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^