what we know

Hot Boy Bummer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun decided to talk to Jongdae. 

They were the closest of friends for years... almost a decade. And he felt so comfertable with the latter. 

Yet recently, they had been somewhat distant, due to the excess stress, Baek assumed. Baek tried to understand, he really did. He knew Jongdae had to work over his own issues, and so he waited until the perfect time to approach the other. 

Dae had a spare at this time, so Baek assumed that a little divergence from homework to have an important discussion would be no issue.

"Hey jongdae! Can we talk?" The bell had just rang. Baekhyun skipped his class to see jongdae engrossed in some... worksheet. It was kinda cute to see him concentrated over something miniscule. Yet also frustrating to not have his full attention. 

"What's up Baekhyuna?" He didn't look up from his work. This was important time for Jongdae to catch up on his tasks, and Baek typically bothered him with lewd jokes before heading to class. He was not going to entertain him today. As the chatter in the halls quieted, the pair were left alone in their couch area. It was already secluded, but now there was barely any background noise. Baek was getting irritated by the lack of communication.

"Nothing much. It's just... everyone's been kinda quiet lately. So I was just wondering... what's up?" He stated it with an unsteady voice. He wasn't sure how to approach this situation. Or what the solution would be. He continued to ramble some jargin in a nervous fit, completely losing site of what he wanted to say. The younger wasn't able to focus on his homework with all this seemingly useless jabber. He gave Baek a quick glance, a once over of his animated hands. He sighed out, "They're probably quiet because we've actually all got important things to focus on." He didn't mean for it to be harsh, but the slight annoyance Baek was creating did dampen his typically light-weight words. 

"What do you mean important things? We all have homework... I'm just wondering why y'all sound so out of it. Like uninterested in doing anything." Baek trailed off. He was hurt by the comment and also confused as to if Dae really just insulted him. "I mean I have work too, you know. Hapkido too. We're all busy. But we should still find time to relax right? And just be The Dogs hahahah." He gave a small smile up at the working boy in front of him.

"Listen Baekhyun, I'm sorry but I really don't have time for this yeah? You're not really making any sense. We do hang out during lunch." Jongdae paused his work. His slight annoyance gradually built into anger after Baek's unexpected confrontation. "And yeah you have stupid to do, but I don't even have time for extracurriculars. I gotta be serious about my marks. So please just let me finish this." He huffed as he went back to his worksheet for the nth time.

"Wow so now talking to me is a distraction too? What happened to all that 'best friends always there for each other' bull? This is a real concern for me. And how can grades be more important than our friendship?" Baekhyun started digging deeper into the issue as he got more upset by Jongdae's deliberate avoidance of the topic.

"You know what? This doesn't feel like a friendship when you obviously don't see my priorities right now. I'm getting pressured from everyone in my family to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter