Chapter 4

You're My Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not just about exchanging rings and promises. It's always more than that.

Bomi finally understood why people always talk about that. Like having that moment, why it always mattered, why it is so important.

One important factor in marriage is love. Given that she had that. But still what she really wanted was forbidden. Maybe for her country. It's always been considered as a sin.

Forbidden.

Girls most likely dreamt of a perfect wedding since childhood. A perfect church wedding.

Bridesmaids, bestman, maid of honor, groomsmen, flowergirl, ring bearer, a perfect ceremony, a day full of promising words and promises.

She's one those girls. She's one of those who dreamt the same.

But she always see it with Chorong.

Not a bridesmaid, not a maid of honor, not a visitor... But the one standing beside her, bringing those promising words, putting the ring on her fingers.

But then again, it's forbidden to even think of.

With their culture, being gay still have a negative stigma especially with families who have high religious respects.

But her family accepted her as what she is, giving all of their emotional support that she needed when she came out.

Back then, she thought life is just that easy. Her family made it look like it's normal, it's accepted and it's just that.

Bomi found a small hope.

But it's not as easy as it seems. She's in the middle of an experiment on how would she know if one of her crushes was straight. Like she will fall inlove and then end up being rejected.

Her confusion and frustration started when she learned how much she likes Chorong.

Cause she knew how hopeless it is.

Liking Chorong was already a mistake. Dreaming of a future together with her would be a sin.

------

Bomi glanced around to see the bridesmaids walking down the aile. Behind them, is the bride who simply stood out with her long black hair and elegant wedding gown. The bride looked so damn beautiful and person waiting for her in front is so lucky.

Everyone was in awe when the couple met. Bomi was just looking at them fondly.

"They are a lovely couple."

Flashback~~~

It's been a week after their confrontation. With Chorong ending it with a sudden determination that she's already married at 30.

Although it stings. Bomi had to accept it. Everything works on how it should be. It's a matter of time. It's just a matter of perfect timing. One day Changsub will ask Chorong's hand for marriage.

Sooner or later, Chorong will fulfill her own lifetime wish.

"You're leaving again?"

"I was assigned to Italy, don't know how long. It will be great for my career growth."

Lies. Another set of lies. She would only be staying there for 3 months. It's just a business project that will takes place in Italy.

"You're leaving, again." This time it's not a question. It's already a statement came out from Chorong's mouth.

"I'm sorry."

Chorong lifted her head and looked at the younger girl. If she only knew that confessing how much she likes Bomi would end up like that... Bomi would leave when she wanted to. That's the truth. Chorong blamed herself from not learning well.

"I thought things had changed. You're still the same Bomi. Still the same." Chorong murmured. Disappointment clearly written all over her face. Tears filling her eyes again so she avoided eye contact.

Bomi's heart sank.

"I thought you're better than that. I'm sorry I believed in you. That there is something. I'm sorry I end up comparing you with him that you end up winning. I'm sorry for believing that there's nothing he can do that you can't Bomi... I was wrong..." Chorong's voice cracked. "You can't stay for me."

"There is one actually." Bomi murmured sadly as she picked up a small satin ribbon lace resting on the box. It may be just a trash or something but noone even mind. She grabs Chorong's right hand and let it rests on her right knee.

She slowly tied the lace on Chorong's ring finger making it look like a ring.

"He can marry you. Like how you always dreamed about it."

"And you can't do that?" Chorong asked.

"I can't"

"Saying that you'll marry me at 30? Is that a game? A tease? A way of annoying me?"

"I'm sorry." Bomi's voice was low. Her head was down.

"Sorry?" Chorong repeated.

"It's just... Unnie... I know it won't happen. I know you'll meet someone."

"Really? How come you know it more than I do?" Chorong asked, frustrated.

"I'm sorry."

For the nth time. I'm sorry. As if It could fix anything.

Chorong forced herself to meet Bomi's gaze. After long years, the younger is still expert in hiding her emotions.

"Atleast now, you're saying goodbye. Shall I say thank you? Thank you, you're not leaving me hanging? That you're leaving now and I'm aware? Well, if that's what you want. Then thank you Bomi."

End of flashback~~~

"I'm so proud of you as you made it here." Hayoung squeezed Bomi's hand and smiled.

Bomi stayed silent as possible. The wedding itself made her feel so vulnerable and fragile.

With grim determination, she tried so hard to focus on the ceremony. The officiant's calm voice, delivering the words of commitment and devotion. The couple in front were so inlove as they stared at each other like they were the center of each other's world.

The sudden tears blurring her own vision surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter