Magic Mischief (one shot)

Magic Mischief

Magic Mischief

                It was one snowy day and people are busy preparing for Christmas. The boys were enjoying their holiday lounging at the comfort of their living room.

                "Ei, guys, when are we going to start decorating the house?" Yuto asked his brothers. He was leaning on the window sill, observing the the neighboring house which was already well decorated.

                "Hmm that's right, it's that time of year again." Jaejin agreed, walking over to Yuto and glanced outside the window.

              "Well, why don't we start decorating now?" Yoseob suggested. He was seated in the sofa.

              "As in right now?" Dongwoon looked over at Yoseob sitting beside him.

              "Why not? we could surprise Mom when she gets home." Taemin chimed in leaning on the sofa behind the Yoseob and Dongwoon.

             "Oh yeah, Mom had been meaning to decorate but haven't got around to it yet." Dongho agreed turning the t.v off with a wave of his wand.

               "What are you guys talking about?" Mir appeared from the kitchen with a bowl of snack hovering beside him.


               "They...We, were talking about decorating the house and surprise mom." Sungjong apparated in front of Mir to eat some of the snacks.

              "Oi! Don't just turn up like that!" Mir scolded when he almost dropped the snacks.

              "Sorry sorry."  Sungjong replied taking some food and shoving it on his mouth before disapparating again back to his seat watching Kanata and Ryunosuke playing chess. Mir shook his head.

             "You're using too much of your magic." Kanata told Sungjong sternly.

             "Newbies." Ryunosuke muttered under his breath.

             "Hey, don't forget you're a newbie as well." Sungjong retorted.

               "Yeah, but you don't see us apparating at every step we take." Taemin added. He, along with Yuto, Ryunosuke and Sungjong learned how to apparate just recently. 

             Yuto gave Sungjong a knowing smirk.

                Dongho watched them with a hint of envy. He won't be learning it til the next year. 

               "You'll have your turn soon." Jaejin patted Dongho's shoulders. Dongho smiled gratefully at his elder brother.

                "So what's it gonna be? Are we doing it or not?" Dongwoon asked, trying to avert everyone's attention.

               "Do what?" Mir asked again. Everyone raised their eyebrows at him. "Oh right, decorating." he turned back to his food.

                 "Voting time, raised your wands to those who agree." Yoseob announced.

                 Everyone raised their wands, except for Kanata and Ryunosuke who were intent in their game, Taemin and Yuto raised their wands for them.

                "Alright, we've arrived in a unanimous decision. Let's get started then." Yoseob, the eldest declared.
Everyone stood and got themselves ready for action. 

                "No!!!" they were startled by Ryunosuke's outburst only to find out that he had lost the game.

               "Game over. About time we end it." Kanata stood and joined the others with the downhearted Ryunosuke in tow.

                 Each of them either volunteered or was assigned a task to them by the older ones. And with that they started to work. Others who were in charged of decorating outside also went to work already.

                 "You guys clean up here while I go find us a nice Christmas tree." Jaejin reminded while putting on a jacket and disapparated after.

                 "On it." Yuto came swooping down, riding a broomstick. "Woohoo!" he exclaimed as he came to a halt.

                 Mir summoned a mop with a flick of his wand. "Could you lift it up?" he turned to Dongwoon indicating to the sofa. Dongwoon nodded and levitated the sofa with his wand. The mop started cleaning underneath  with Mir controlling it, moving his wand in a rhythmic fashion.
 
               Yuto did the same with the broom. Kanata was minding the featherduster while Sungjong started assembling and suiting up the life-size santa clause doll. 

               Sungjong was manually doing his job probably because of being chewed off for using too much magic a while ago.

              "Help!" Ryunosuke yelled. He was helping Dongho retrieved more Christmas decor when Dongho's spell had gone wild, and Ryunosuke got somewhat attacked and tied up by wires of Christmas lights.
 
              Dongwoon who got distracted by Ryunosuke dropped the sofa he was holding up, thereby breaking breaking the mop's handle underneath it in half. 
              
              "Oi!" Mir shouted.

             "Sorry, I ---" Dongwoon hastily levitated the sofa back.

             "Never mind." Mir muttered a spell and repaired the mop while Kanata directed his wand over at Ryunosuke and untied him.

             "Thanks." Ryunosuke breathe out gratefully, rubbing his arm and picked up his wand.

              "Sorry!" Dongho came running with a bunch of other decorations chasing after him.

              Jaejin apparated back with the Christmas tree just in time and with a simple wave of his wand, saved Dongho.

              "What---" Jaejin started to asked but was interrupted.

             "I told you, we should just have used levitation spell rather than animating them into life." Ryunosuke hissed at Dongho. 

              "Sorry, I..." Dongho was still panting that he couldn't finish his sentence.

             "That's enough. We won't make it in time at this rate." Jaejin interjected, wand raised, setting up the tree in place.

              The rest of them resumed their work. When Yuto finished sweeping, he went and helped Jaejin with the Christmas tree. While Mir and Dongwoon helped Ryunosuke and Dongho in putting up decorations all over the inside of the house.

               Outside, Yoseob had started lining the house with Christmas lights also waving his wand as if conducting a symphony. 

              Taemin was clearing the pathway from snow. After a while, he started building a snowman. As soon as he was done, he played some music with a swish of his wand and a bouncy beat resonated all over the house and loud enough to be heard outside to where he was.

              Curious at who turned the music on, the boys who were inside looked through the window and saw Taemin waving his wand over at the snow man which is now dancing to the tune.

              Everyone laughed. Sungjong who was finally finished with the Santa doll, also waved his wand over it and the the doll burst into life.

              The santa claus doll jiggled to the rhythm and joined the snowman in dancing outside.

              The rest of the boys scampered out as they enjoyed the show having already finished their work inside. Yoseob had accomplished his task wonderfully as well.

              Dongwoon was tearing up from laughing at the two dancing figures which was now dancing freestyle especially the Santa claus who was popping his chest and breakdancing. 

              The first song ended and everyone applauded Taemin and Sungjong who was bowing gracefully, like the performing artists that they are.

              Just then, the snowman started throwing snowballs at them and before they knew it, it had turned into a massive snowball fight. The ten brothers had even tucked their wands in their pockets and started forming and throwing snowballs at each other with their own gloved hands, laughing all the while.

             It was almost twilight when their mother arrived finding ten snow-messed-up boys in the lawn. Tired and out of breath from cleaning, decorating but most of all from laughing and the snowball fight.

             Their mother gave them a do-I-have -to-ask-what-you've-been-up-to? look.

            Without standing from their place, each of them raised their wand and with a simple wave, the house illuminated with bright lights and lively with Christmas melody.

              Their mother clasped her hands to her lips in delight., almost teary-eyed.

           "Surprise!" They greeted her, finally gathered some strength to get up.





End! ^_._^
 
 
A/N: what do you think? they're a bit rowdy but they're cute either ways. kekeke