One survivor

Virtual Promise

System : love interest level 2 

 

 

Everyone look at each other in a questioning look, their eyes landed on Chanyeol who shrugs with “don’t look at me am already in level 2”

Sehun,”I guess the system start to go crazy”

 

Luhan: guys! That wasn’t for Chanyeol

 

Kai, “then who?”

 

Luhan : ehm...(clear his throat wait few seconds) that D.O 

 

And everyone now was looking at D.O shocked! even D.O was shocked 

 

D.O “m..me?” He said but then look at the position he was in, he immediately back off, standing and look at the ground, his face was red as a tomato, and that when everyone know who he likes.

 

Kai in the other hand was speechless.

 

Luhan : yes I see your level 1 was on the red stone mission. 

 

Chanyeol and Sehun who start laughing at the two unconditionally made D.O uncomfortable, till Baekhyun stand from the ground and that made Chanyeol head slam on the hard ground “YA!!” but the gaze from Baekhyun definitely saying fix it.

 

He stand with “D.O you can like who you want it’s not a crime to be embarrassed with! I mean look at me having a crush on a bot! and I don’t hide it” D.O eyes went from the ground to Chanyeol who was trying to make it better for him “also Kai doesn’t need to love you back! it love interest it mean a one side, we understand that you never talk to anyone before, and you can’t control who you like! and Kai understand that for sure” Chanyeol look at Kai with dead eyes 

 

“Y..yes!” Kai hate how the word yes didn’t come out clear, he could think he lied but D.O just nodded understanding, and bow to Kai 

 

D.O, “am sorry for your disturbance, I can’t control it but don’t worry it just a one side interest and I won’t bother you!” 

Kai shrugs “it’s okay!” He said with almost a whisper but it could be heard.

 

 

Luhan : guys mission 3 is here.

 

Chanyeol roll his eyes “can’t I rest!” 

 

Luhan: basically you are behind me here!

 

Sehun open the item list to read it again, “you prove the knight is a leader, but can you prove that the team is capable? fight for the name of the best teammate and see who can stay alive” he look at his friend “there is a map to the place we need to go to”

 

 

Luhan : then move your legs.

 

He said with a smile behind that screen, Luhan find it weird how he start liking those guys out of no where, it just a game a chat but they were good, he felt a vibrate on his personal phone, he look at it and found a message from Key

 

Key - Lu! what did you do? they seem not satisfied with your team, they change the mission to get a ride of someone.

 

“Damn!” He said out loud and heard a “what” from the mic “oh nothing! But you guys can counter people way a head of your level and it could be hard”

 

 

———

 

Chanyeol nodded “true! Reading the mission this could be just you guys fighting” the other kept silence “I don’t want to lose anyone of you” Chanyeol said looking at Baekhyun, he take his hand in his own, and immediately think how small and soft those hands are “not even you!”

 

Baekhyun look at the hand grabbing him, he look at Chanyeol who was looking at him with those eyes, they were breath taking he must say, but he eventually look at the road not giving any reaction.

 

 

Reaching the place, they saw a big and high round building that they can’t see his top side, 

 

“That” Kai said with a jaw dropped “so high!”

 

Baekhyun smiled at the view will that so familiar for him for sure, the five went in, to find 3 doors, with numbers 2 - 2 - 1 

 

 

System : greeting players, in front of you, there is three doors, the knight must go in with one other teammate inside the door having the number 2, or the mission failed. Others can choose freely whatever they go alone or with one, you have 10 minutes to decide.

 

 

Luhan : go with Baekhyun 

 

 

Chanyeol heard Luhan saying immediately, not giving a second thought.

 

Sehun roll his eyes, “well excuse me! but we don’t know what there! And I prefer 2 real people go with each other for back up!”

 

Chanyeol look at Baekhyun, who was listening to Sehun talking, “but isn’t he our win without killing! what if he died?”

 

“And what if me Kai or D.O died?” Sehun said in anger, “come back to your sense Chanyeol”

 

Chanyeol stayed silent, Sehun was right, for the good of each one, if he went with D.O or Sehun it a win, and Kai as a marksman if he went with D.O or Sehun it safer! But letting one going in alone from them is a dead for sure, and Baekhyun is the best choice to leave at this point.

 

Luhan wanted to scream behind the screen, but he got a private message and probably no one know about Key telling him informations, he couldn’t risk telling.

 

Kai did agree with Sehun “Chanyeol I think Sehun is right!”

 

D.O, “but leaving him alone! Doesn’t mean we are going to kill in the futur to stay alive?”

 

The 4 know it a hard choice! About risking the life of one, or becoming a killers after.

“I say we play for the present” Sehun spoke “whatever comes after we will think about it at that time”

 

 

And that made it so clear for everyone, that the best choice is to leave the ‘bot’ go alone

 

Luhan: no no no no don’t let him go alone! 

 

Sehun,”Why you insisting? do you know what in there?”

 

Luhan : no! 

 

Sehun, “then it the best decision! Right Chanyeol?” 

Chanyeol huffs in anger, his heart screaming to not let him go alone, but his mind was telling him the right choice is to let him.

 

“I go alone!” Baekhyun said and move without hesitation to the door with the number 1, but before he touch the door knob, he felt a grab in his arm, he turn to see Chanyeol holding him, his hold was pressing hardly like he doesn’t want to let go of him.

 

“Chanyeol” D.O said “we need to continue! Maybe he will be safe”

“Even if he is not!” Sehun scream “HE ISN’T REAL!”

 

“But...” Chanyeol said with sorrow “Sehun’aah!...my love...is real!” 

 

the words Chanyeol said made them all speechless, Baekhyun eyes got wide open, how could a person just loves him like that! is this guy crazy? he make himself bot for him to not get too much attached! But this tall giant knight is making it worse like he know he is real, well imagine if he know he is real! What he can do for him?

 

“Loey! the best choice is me going alone!”

 

“NO!” Chanyeol yells immediately “I can’t choose to let you go! I can’t let the others go alone! No! Can’t you hear yourself” he look at the other three “I don’t care if he is a computer made or anything, what if someone real was with us and we made it this far would you guys leave one of you?”

 

They stayed silence

 

“Answer me?” Chanyeol said in anger “what the point of playing a game if you guys will lose your morals in it? I prefer to go in that 1 room myself and try hard, but I can’t because that means I will make you all lose”

 

No words come out of the three...

 

 

“Then trust me” Baekhyun said with a soft smile taking Chanyeol grab off of his arm “I will try hard too, as much as you, I don’t want to lose here! I can’t lose here! and I can’t say you will be safe even if you are with each-other”

 

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol was shocked, hearing a full sentence make his heart skip a beat for sure.

 

Baekhyun look at the count down “See if your teammate are capable! That the mission, I don’t know if you guys are but I can believe you will do your best, now have a little faith in me and know am capable too!”

 

 

D.O unconsciously replied “that the most beautiful thing I ever heard from this bot till now! I trust you Baekhyun and I will win whatever behind that door” he look at Kai “and I will protect with my armor and life who ever with me inside”

Kai smiled, “me too”

 

Chanyeol who felt like a rock was on top of his heart, wanted to squish that red and white bot and keep it for his own, but the time was out and it 30s for the mission to start, he move his hand and grab Baekhyun thin with red ribbons waist with his two hands that he felt they fit perfectly on him and bring him near him, so near to the point he feel his fake breath in his neck,

 

“Please” 

 

Chanyeol said with a shaky voice, his heart hurts knowing he will leave him because of his own words and he respects it and also because it’s the best decision for the living human here! 

 

“Come back to me”

 

 

“Let’s go! It’s time” Sehun said

 

And Chanyeol nodded looking down to those very very close cheeks, he close his eyes and left Baekhyun going in inside of the doors without looking back, because he know if he did he won’t leave him, Sehun followed him unconsciously, Kai and D.O nodded to Baekhyun and went inside the other door, that leaves Baekhyun going inside the door with the number 1.

 

 

Luhan didn’t say a word, but his heart inside yells millions of words when he silently read the notification 

 

System : love interest upgrades level 3

 

 

>>>>>_<<<<<

 

 

Chanyeol goes in, the place was pitch black, he felt Sehun coming behind, that light from the door they came from was now fading with the door closing behind them, a seconds later and the place was bright!

 

The two of them were standing in a glass box, what they saw outside is a lot of glass boxes concealed to a round wall that have no end down and no end from the up, same as that building they enter into it. And each box have 2 to one players inside of it.

 

Chanyeol look at his left side to see Kai and D.O standing in one of those glass boxes and he look to his right to see Baekhyun in one too

 

 

System: congratulation players, each of you choose the most capable of their teammates after the knight who enter the door number 1, the remain members are safe to wait till the mission 3 finished, now let the fight begins for the best teammate till one survive.

 

With that Chanyeol saw the glass under Baekhyun got shudder, and he just fall down “BAEKHYUN!” he screamed hitting his own glass but his eyes never left the one falling till he wear that hoodie and disappeared “LUHAN!”

 

Luhan : Am trying to go down with him, but I can’t see him, 

 

Luhan in the other hand was moving with his visual down, since one of his team are down he have the access to do so, but down there it was from the second 1 a slaughter, 70 players, one survivor! That insane the moment they reach the ground they start to kill each other, no mercy at all “where are you Baekhyun!” But Luhan get no respond, his health is still full so he might be standing in some place waiting for the best opportunity and if he talk, they will know his there.

 

Chanyeol, “LUHAN!!”

 

Luhan : his still fine his full health! But I can’t have an eye one him. 

 

Chanyeol, “YOUR THE IT HOW CAN’T YOU SEE HIM”

 

Luhan : am...I told you security! (Luhan start to get panic)

 

Sehun, “Chanyeol chill! he is a bot it’s win to our team”

 

Chanyeol look at Sehun with full anger “SHUT UP!”

 

 

————

 

 

Down there, people start to take their weapons right away, no one hesitate, kill or be killed, this is the point of this mission, no one give a glimpse of mercy to anyone, the fight between the players remain for half an hour, Luhan keep seeing how stable Baekhyun health is! And that was fine for him, but what wasn’t fine for him is how other IT see or speak with their players, how could they let them do that! Most of the IT in this building were his friends, a top of their own school, the best in manners, those who can honor the country for sure! But now they all seems uncivilized! 

 

Luhan gasp silently alone, if the bottom of the city is the uncivilized as they say, what the point to make everyone look like those who live in bot, if the bot himself is a good person in the game? What they are trying to achieve from all this game and killing? To prove that human are killers with their nature? but why Baekhyun isn’t one of them if he lived there!

 

So many questions came to Luhan mind when he saw how much time it takes for one to survive, and after a long fight one stayed there, he wasn’t close to be in a good shape, but he stayed alive with 1/4 health for sure,

 

“I win!” 

 

The guy there said loud because even if he stayed alone the system ignored him 

 

“I WIN!” He screamed again, but no one give him intentions

 

Luhan know he didn’t win yet! Because Baekhyun is still out there with full health and in any moment he could show up and kill the guy

 

But no respond for some minutes made the guy go crazy “I SAID I WIN! BRING ME BACK TO MY TEAM” he scream and scream, to the point he start to hit everyone there l, dead bodies, with his axe since he was a tank, maybe someone is still alive...

 

 

“I SAID I WIN!”

 

 

“What are you thinking Baekhyun?” Luhan sais his eyes look up to the boss who was looking at him again, Luhan swear if eyes could stab you he would have been stabbed million of times now.

 

Everyone was watching...they stayed waiting...waiting for one survivor.