Epilogue

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In her half-asleep state, Seulgi can hear the faint sound of their bedroom door opening. If it was any other day, she would’ve sprung on her feet and would immediately grab a bat or any other way to protect herself and her wife, Juhyun. But no, she wouldn’t. Knowing perfectly well who the intruders are. Two little bundles of joy who are making their lives extra special and memorable.

 

“Are …shshsshs Min Unnie?”

 

“Shhhh. Quiet …. Jeong”

 

 

 

 

She refrains from smiling too hard and gives the two cute lasses a clue that she is awake. She calmed herself down and focused on listening to the children

 

“Do you think Umma and Mommy will like it?” By now she can hear what the voices are saying clearer than earlier.

 

“Of course, Unnie. We spent a week making practicing how to make these cupcakes. Mommy Wan even taught us her secret recipe and she even praised and approved our work so yeah, I’m sure Aunt Seul and Hyun will love it. “   

 

“Okay so we just have to wait for them to wake up and we will do what we practiced yesterday okay?” The one with the huskier voice said.

 

“Uhmmm we will yell Happy Anniversary right when they woke up, hug them, and showed them the cupcakes we put on the side table. Yeah, I got it Jimin Unnie.” The other one with the softer voice said.

 

Upon saying those words, the atmosphere quieted down a little, but just a bit when Seulgi heard a groan of irritation which she perfectly knows came from the older of the girls. The act almost always reminds her of the time when her wife was younger and would do the same whine of irritation.

 

Definitely the daughter of Irene Juhyun Bae-Kang.

 

A low chuckle came from her lips, but almost immediately she felt warm hands held hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. She immediately swallowed the laughter threatening to escape. Finally deciding to end the little ones’ misery, Seulgi slowly opened her eyes and faked a yawn. She hasn’t even fully opened her eyes yet when a loud booming voice greeted her.

 

 

“Happy Anniversary Mama and Mommy”

 

“Happy Anniversary Auntie Seul and Auntie Hyun”

 

 

The little kids both shouted at the same time. They are welcomed by big smiles coming from the two adults.

 

“Come here you little rascals and give us a hug.” The couple opened their arms and welcomed the girls. Seulgi feeling a little playful, started tickling her daughter who erupted in bouts of laughter and tried to squirm away from her Umma.

 

Jimin Karina Bae-Kang

 

Flashback

 

A lot has changed once the whole ordeal with Jung Ilwoo ended. A year after their impromptu marriage, the couple, Irene and Seulgi decided to finally complete their little family. Seeing the painting that Seulgi made ignited something inside Irene at that time. And she realized how much she wants to have a piece of both her and Seulgi. A physical embodiment of the overwhelming love that they have for each other.  So, after spending time and savoring a few months of being married, they both realized that they should make the most out of being just the two of them. Having a child would mean devoting most of their time caring for and showering the little one with love and attention.

 

At first, the two decided to just use Seulgi’s eggs and an anonymous donor’s . The fetus will then be implanted in Irene’s womb via in-vitro fertilization. But their pregnancy journey is not as smooth sailing as they hoped to be. The couple was met with a lot of disappointments and devastation. Not once but twice. Irene suffered two miscarriages in a span of 3 years. The last one almost tore them apart and made them fully give up. Irene almost lost the will to continue. Prompting Seulgi to handle the company once more all the more caring for her grieving wife and mending her devastated heart all the while. The two slowly grew apart, with Irene isolating herself and closing her doors on Seulgi while the latter stopped all attempts of bringing her wife back and pushes her agony to the depths of her heart.

 

It wasn’t until Solar knocked some sense into Irene. Reminding her that she is not alone in all of that. That she still has a wonderful one, one that mulled heaven and earth for them to finally have their happily ever after. Solar made her realize that Seulgi lost their child too, but unlike Irene, she is now slowly losing her wife.

 

“Just take one good look at her Rene. Look at her not with your eyes but with your heart and you will see what she tried hard to conceal”.

 

That night Irene went out of her room once the one she used before Seulgi lost her memories, and went into their previously shared room only to see the silhouette of her wife’s heaving back standing against the rails of the balcony. The moon illuminated her now gaunt figure, a far cry from the well-toned Seulgi from a few years ago. Small and faint sobs filled the air as the younger lifted her head to look at the skies, her face shifting a little showing tear stains marring her face against the moonlight. The scene shattered Irene more than anything. She thought that losing their unborn children was the worst but the scene surpassed it by a hundred-fold. She wanted to curse herself to death because she once again broke her promise. A promise to not hurt her wife, to not make her shed tears of pain in this lifetime anymore.

 

With uncoordinated steps, Irene’s feet ran with all her might and throw herself against Seulgi’s body. She then engulfed the taller one in a hug. Despite being taken aback, Seulgi melted into the embrace once she realized how familiar the warmth enveloping her is. She hadn’t realized how much she missed this.

How much she misses being close to her wife like this.

“I’m sorry for everything Seul. I’m sorry for shutting you out. I’m so focused on my own pain that I failed to see how you are hurting too. They are your children too as much as they’re mine and I wasn’t the only one who lost them. I wasn’t the only one who was wallowing in agony. I’m sorry for being selfish.” Irene expected Seulgi to lash out and pour all of her frustrations but she got reminded once again that this is Kang Seulgi, the Kang Seulgi who loved her with all of her might.

 

She felt the younger shake her head against Irene’s arm, lifting it so she could take a look at Irene.

 

“No Hyun. You have the right to grieve in any way you want to.”

 

“But you stopped reaching out. I thought you lost hope in me. That made me even more devastated.” Irene felt soft lips against her forehead before planting itself against her lips.

 

“I never stopped Hyun. I just wanted to let you grieve by yourself. I wanted to respect your wish so I distance myself but I am within a heartbeat away. I will always come running down when you realized that you are not alone in any of this.” And just like that, Kang Seulgi managed to defeat Irene’s demons once again.

 

The two slowly rose back from the tragedy hand in hand. With fumbling steps, they started rebuilding their relationship. Once they were fully healed, they muster the courage to try for the last time. And this time it came to fruition. This time, they used Irene’s eggs and implanted the embryo in Seulgi’s womb.

 

After nine months of strict monitoring and arduous pregnancy, little Jimin is born. The little bundle of joy brought immense joy and fulfillment to her parents. Seulgi and Irene’s little miracle. The little Kang got most of her Mommy Irene’s looks but being brought up and guided by Seulgi, she developed a very warm and loving personality. But from time to time, the traits she got from Irene manifested themselves that Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter