The Philanthropist

ENEMIES

It is 2 am at the Aéroport International Mohammed V located on Nouassuer in the suburbs of Casablanca in the country of Morocco. Even at the early hours of dawn, reporters from all around the globe came in flocks like wild migrating birds.

They are all here to see a specific person. 

At exactly 3:29 am a flight bound from France landed safely at the Moroccan grounds. The reporters were swarming like bees.

In just an hour and a half they tripled in numbers crowding the airport depature area. When a reporter for CNN caught a glimpse of a woman's silhouette approaching the mechanical door. He started to point at it and instructed his camera man to focus on the approaching figure, soon after the opaque glass door opened revealing a woman with black silky hair, pale white skin with brown hazelnut eyes wearing a slightly loose white long sleeves polo topped with an opened up gray checkered coat paired with black high-waisted pants and a shinny brown leather shoes.

The woman walk with pride as she held her head up high with a blinding smile plastered on her beautiful face. 

"Miss Lee, is it true that you'll be the new ambassador of the International Charity Association?"


"Miss Lee, are the rumors true about you being a revolutionary?"


"Miss Lee, is it true that you have an affair with Denmark's Prime Minister?"


The woman was bombarded with questions by the flocking news casters. With all their raging numbers, the guards had a hard time keeping them away from the woman. Because of this the said woman tapped one of the struggling guard and instructed him to get out of the way. The buff man gave a look of disapproval but the woman was persistent with that assuring look in her eyes that says everything will be alright.

The big man just sighed and made a big push through the crowd, once everything was cleared out. The woman stepped out of the huddle circle. She then smiled at the cameras facing her and starts eyeing every single news caster in the vicinity. 

"I know all of you had waited long for my arrival, but I am really sadden that I cannot answer any questions as of now. Rather I will call a press conference in a few days and by then you are all free to ask anything from me. But today is really not a good time for there are alot of schedules a head of me and my team. I hope you all could understand."

With one last time the woman smiles warmly towards the crowd and climbed at the provided van by the airport for VIPs.

"Chaeyeon unnie, I know you have all the time in the world, besides the only meeting you have today is just one and after that will be free time until the next two days." A small Japanese woman who can be mistaken as a child told the older woman off.

"Well, it's not like I don't want to answer them you know. It's just that a one question ringed inside my ear." The older then answered unentertained. 

"Well, you are part of the revolution tho." Another woman who looks particularly more japanese than the other mused from behind while fiddling on her phone.

The Korean just chuckled at the statement as she fishes her phone from her pocket and browse on a news site.


"Looks like Sanchez did a great job." She then muse as she started pocketing her phone back. She then grip on something danggling from her neck. As she smiles with a slight hint of victory in it.


-


"Major, where the hell are you going?" A woman in a white navy uniform and a naval fleet hat that indicates her rank. annoyingly mused at the person whom torn her IV drops off and was about to speed out the hospital door, but was stopped when the uniformed soldier held her wrist. "You are staying here Major! That's an order." The woman who was wearing a patient's gown looked at the soldier with an angered expression and went back to her reclining bed. She then slumped at the bed and looked at the naval officer with bored face. 

"What are you doing here?" she asks, like a snake about to spit its venom. 

The uniformed Navy office just looks at her with a worried expression. "Being, stingy against a higher ranking officer than you, I see. Looks like this hospital is treating you nicely coz yoy now have the guts to throw some disrespectful acts."The woman still standing said in a slightly joking tone. The latter just looks away as the uniformed woman throws her a look. "Okay, Im actually not here to bicker with you. I'll cut to the chase. Brigadier General Son wants you back on the field. He knows fully well that Colonel Kang has just passed away but the army needs you. That's the only details given to me by your commanding officer, further details about why you are needed back will be discussed to you by the Brigadier General himself." The patient flicked her tongue at the order given. She was to tired to be back on duty and to top it all up. Her monther just died. It may not seem like she was affected but the woman is greatly shook by the devastating event 2 weeks ago.

 

 

Flashback:

 


She woke up in a room that reeks of ethanol. She probably knows she's in a hospital with an aching head and a slightly blurry vision because of the sudden light entering her retina. She could here a lot of groaning and pained cries so she assumed she's in an emergency room somewhere. 

"Doctor. Is my sister alright." A familiar voiced ringed on the Major's ear.

"Yes sir, she's fine. It was just a minor concussion." The doctor enthusiastically muses to lessen the worry of the man infront of her.

"Honey, do not over react." A woman in her early thirties. Probably his wife, calmed the man beside her as she beams a smile. 

Since she's at her thirties already, there are some wrinkles evident on the side of her eyes when she smiles but still even with that imperfection she still looks stunning which made her husband for some unknown fairytale like reason to suddenly calm down. 

"Hyung?" a voice from behind the doctor that seemed familiar to the panicking man earlier softly mused. 

"YAAAAH! How many times am I going to tell you that you should call me oppa and not hyung." the man then started to whine as he approached the young woman sitting on her wheel chair.

"cut to the chase. I know something happened." The woman in the wheelchair said coldly. 

The man sighed and saluted to the woman. "Liuetenant Kang Daniel, Im here to report about what happened to the summit on Palazzo re Enzo earlier. Number of injured 20, number of deaths 6 including..."  The man paused as he is hesitating to tell further about the reports.

"I know. Mom was one of the casualties of the bombing right." The woman on the wheelchair coldly said. Even so, her eyes had that glint of despair, pain and anger written all over it.

"Hye-" before the man could even continue he was cutted off. "dismiss. I want to take my rest." The woman continued as she signals one of the intern nurses that was standing in the corner to push her wheelchair. 

The man could only drop his head and shook it. "If only I did not refused mom's pleading for that rank ups, she would still be here." The man started to blame himself for the lost. "Honey, just let Hyewon be for the moment, there's no one to blame here. Soldier's life is risky. It's not your fault."

The man just smiles towards her wife. 

"Miss Park Jihyo! You can now settle the bill." A woman called from the cashier. "why don't you want to use Kang as your family name?" The man yet again whines. "Be-cause. I don't want to be included when the media is focusing on your family." She stated as she pinch her husbands nose which earned the giggle from the other. 

After retreating her hand from his nose Jihyo smiled and run to the cashier. Daniel then smiled at her wife before looking the direction her sister was pushed into. 

"I hope you don't make the same mistakes dad did."

again he shook his head and approach her wife who was happily settling down the bills.

 

 

-

 

This update was suppoed to be yesterday but I got a little too busy screaming on my tl abput how beautiful Chaeyeon is with her new hair. Anyhows I hope you guay liked theupdate since Chaeyeon is introduced now~

 

Also I would want to update this on a weekly basis so wish me luck~