Chapter 18

The Banging YG Family

 

Disclaimer- if you're offended by people saying prayers or blessings before food, skip the last part of this chapter
 
 
 
Elianna woke up in the warmest, softest bed she'd ever slept in, and even better than the feel, it smelled like heaven. A mixture of light musky cologne, mint and citrus floated in the room, with just a hint of tobacco. 
Sitting upright she groaned at the ambush of light assaulting her from the large windows to her right. 
Blearily rubbing her eyes she blankly stared at the bedside clock before realizing the time. 
 
"Oh my god!"
 
"Don't worry, " Seunghyun stood in the door, leaning against the doorframe with his hip jaunting out. 
"Your uncle called your job and told them a family emergency had come up, and you couldn't make it." 
 
Elaina took a minute to take in his appearance, the plaid flannel pajama pants did absolutely nothing for him, not like the designer trousers she was so used to seeing him in. The paint splattered tee shirt was even more surprising. 
 
"You look like a 3 year olds walking canvas." She blurted out, her eyes widening once she realized what she's said. 
 
Glancing down Seunghyun smiled, "That's cause I am. Hayul made this for my birthday last year. See?" 
 
Turning around he pointed to the neck of his shirt. There in place of an outer tag was the distinctive handwriting of a child, 
Seunghyun-Hyung, followed by a lopsided heart. 
 
"Oh." She nodded dumbly. 
"Wait, did you say my uncle? What uncle knows-" 
She stopped short, her eyes widening as she looked up at the man in the doorway.
 
Smirking Seunghyun peeled himself off the doorframe, "You better get up, Ji's making breakfast. His inner domestic is coming out."
 
"Bae Oppa," she called out, successfully stopping Seunghyun. "How is he?" She continued. 
 
"See for yourself." A tired voice called out. Making his way past Seunghyun, YoungBae shuffled into the bedroom and face planted onto the bed. Turning onto his side he sighed heavily before reaching out and placing a hand on Elianna's knee. 
 
"Oppa," she greeted, trying to genuinely smile at him, "How are you feeling?" 
 
"Like my son died." 
 
Both Elainna and Seunghyun stiffened at the calm distant way the words were spoken. 
 
Glancing up at Seunghyun Elainna realized there really were no words to respond. Instead she leaned down and placed a light kiss on the older mans brow and smoothed down his hair in a comforting gesture. 
 
Their silence was interrupted by Jiyong who was buzzing down the hallway trying to wake up the maknaes. "It's breakfast time!" 
 
Watching from the doorway Seunghyun smiled when a door opened. Looking into the room he gestured down the hall, "Dae. Maknae's still in bed." 
 
Curious, the pair joined Seunghyun as audience, Jiyong had the spatula in hand as he tapped his foot on the hardwood floor before shrugging and rapping on Seungri's  door, his voice sweet and cheerful. "Maknae! Come on! I made breakfast!" 
 
Pressing an ear to the door the trio watched as the leaders expression grew sour. Huffing indignantly Jiyong jiggled the knob, his voice loud and harsh. 
"Lee Seunghyun you listen to me.  You are going to get out of that bed and you're going to come eat breakfast with all of us, as a family." 
When no movement came from within Jiyong reached into his apron pocket and pulled out a key. 
 
"He said he got rid of the master key." YoungBae whispered, eyebrows raised. 
 
"He only kept a copy of Ri's." Seunghyun countered, a full grin on his face.
 
Jiyong had unlocked the door and was now making quite a ruckus trying to get his youngest band member up. 
"Yah! Listen here you little brat----maybe if you didn't stay up all night-- watching you wouldn't be tired!" 
 
Seungri's mumbled retort was followed by an undignified shriek, and the trio laughed as Seungri raced out the room in his boxers, rubbing his shoulder. 
 
"Hyung! How could you hit me with the spatula?! That's so unsanitary!"
He whined as he kept a safe distance away from the angry man. 
 
"How dare you insult my cooking?! 
I didn't spend over an hour slaving over a hot stove to hear complaints before you've even tasted anything!" Eyes narrowing Jiyong got right in the young mans face, "Listen kid, you better get your act together, you've been-"
 
"Uhm, Hyung?" Daesung called softly from the kitchen entrance, "Hyung a timer just went off." 
 
Jiyong scrambled towards the kitchen, shoving his way past the group in the hallway. 
 
"THE BISCUITS!"
 
Racing towards the kitchen Seunghyun happily bounced on the balls of his feet "YOU'RE GONNA MAKE BISCUITS?!" 
 
"Correction," Jiyong beamed, pulling a pan out of the oven, "I MADE biscuits." To prove his point he proudly held out the tin, the kitchen filling with the warm scent of freshly baked bread. 
 
"Jiyong, will you marry me?" Seunghyun sighed, wrapping his arms around the young mans thin waist. 
 
Rolling his eyes Jiyong snickered, "Hyung, how many times are you going to ask me that?"
 
"As many times as it takes." 
 
"You propose, once a year." YoungBae dead panned, "Let him go Hyung." 
 
"Never!" Seunghyun cried out, tightening his grip around Jiyong, "Who will make me food?" 
 
"Hyung, I cook like once a year. For that marry Dae." 
 
Said boy blushed and vehemently shook his head, "No, he's too big of a baby. I would get tired of him in less than a year." 
 
"My sentiments exactly." Jiyong nodded while Elainna, YoungBae and Seungri chortled with laughter. 
 
Appalled, Seunghyun his heel and stomped to the table, flopping into a chair with the grace of a rag doll. 
 
"You guys are mean." He mumbled absentmindedly, playing with the weighted napkin holder. 
 
Within a few minutes Jiyong had dished up all of the food and the table was crowded with the fruits of his labor. 
 
"An American styled breakfast?"  Seungri gaped, eyes widening at the plate of crisply fried bacon Jiyong was setting down. 
 
"I thought I'd change things up a bit." 
 
As everyone sat down,  Jiyong cleared his throat before they could begin. "Uhm, Daesung-Ah? I was wondering," 
 
Looking up from the plate he was filling Daesung noted the troubled expression on Jiyong's face.
 
"Hyung? What is it?"
 
By now the everyone had noticed Jiyong's nervous behavior, and the leader let out a sigh of frustration before continuing. 
"I was wondering, if maybe, you could, say a prayer or a blessing?" Gazing up at the games around him he quickly added, "I mean that's only if want to, if you don't mind."
 
Smiling widely Daesung nodded before taking the hands of Elianna and YoungBae, who sat on either side of him. YoungBae grasped Jiyong's had, who reached out to take Seungri's. Smiling gently Seungri took Seunghyun's hand, adding softly, "We haven't done this in forever."  Nodding Seunghyun placed his hand in Elianna's to complete a circle around the overflowing table. 
 
"Lord, we thank you for allowing us to come together this morning, as a family..."
 
 
AUTHORS NOTE

I don't know if I've told you all, but I love you guys. And I got a job, so I feel so much better about everything because now I'm not broke and school starts in a few days so I've been banging out chapters. 

I will be updating again either tomorrow or Monday so please give me comments and feedback! 

Did you guys by like the last chapter? It was the angst too much?