two

Companion

2 Days After that, 08.00

After the commotions that happened two days ago, things actually not changed that much. Mina’s seniors still treated her the same, same busy and hectic days.. but what changed is how mina deal with everything. She grew more and more confident upon herself and instead of stressing and frustrated about all the works, she just smiles at it and does it with ease.

Mina now knew that the directors acknowledged her capability through the business plan she made, although they didn’t know that mina the one who made it. it gave her confident of course but momo is actually the main factor why mina could be this confident.

Mina can’t really explain.. but after what happened two days ago, she felt protected. She knew momo is just an ordinary staff without any positions.. but the way she tried to console mina and even ensured her to help her, it made mina felt safe and confidence overflowed inside her.

And now, she’s already in her office despite the office hour start at 9. But she thinks it won’t hurt to be early. Besides.. she still has works to do and the earlier she arrived in office, the more productive and effective her work will be.

.

.

Around 15 minute after her arrival, few of her senior came. Mina politely greeted them with bow and smile but like usual.. they ignored that and not long after they settle their belongings, they went out to grab breakfast. Mina didn’t bother by it anymore. she just shrug it off and focus with her works again.

 

“Where’s everyone?”

 

That voice broke mina’s focus from her computer and as she looked up, it was a women she never saw before. a women with light brown bop hair, petite yet firm body and the women looked really mature and somehow charismatic.  Mina just guessed maybe she’s other division leader’s or maybe some employee that already work her few years.. But even though Mina didn’t know who the women is, she still stood up and greeted the women politely.

 

“I’m sorry ma’am.. it seems like everyone still on their way here..and few were just went out for few minutes.” Said mina.

“Hmm.. I see I see.. by the way, I’m sorry but are you new here? I never saw you before.”

“Yes ma’am. my name is myoui mina, I’m a two month intern here.. pleased to meet you.”

“aah.. an intern.. You came earlier than your seniors? What a really great work etiquette.”

Hearing that, mina gave a bow and thanked her, “thank you ma’am.. I’m just following the company’s rule.”

“well.. do you know when this room will be filled up?”

“I think everyone will be here before office hour start, ma’am. If there’s something urgent, maybe I could help you with it ma’am?”

“oh.. nah it’s okay. I’ll just come back later. there’s something important I want to talk with some of this division staff.”

“well keep up the good work and see you later miss myoui.” added the women and mina gave her a bow before the women left the room.

“Ah wait ma’am!” and that made the women stopped.

“It might be rude but can I ask about your name? I’ll tell to the rest of the staff once they come.”

 

The women gave a smile and said, “My name is Park Jihyo. but.. you don’t really need to tell the staff about me coming here. I’ll just barge in later. and oh.. please just call me miss park.. I’m not that old..”

“Ah.. I’m sorry for that. miss park.”

“well see you later.” and after a small bowed, she left

 

“Park Jihyo? why her name sounds familiar..” although it’s bothering her, mina decided to just shrugged it off and continue her work.

.

.

09.10

The room now filled with people and already noisy like usual. But things went noisier once some of the staff came in in a really panic state.

 

“Yah yah! Team leader is here!” said that staff

“Eii.. kim-ssi.. do you think we would be fooled? She’ll be back next week.”

“No! I saw her! and she’s on her way here!”

 

Everyone started to panic after hearing that. some were turning on their computer and started their work, some taking out documents out from their drawer and turned the page in panic, some just stayed on their chair in a cool manner like nothing will affect them. mina? well she just witness all the madness in confusion. But she also felt nervous because this is the first time she’ll meet her team leader, the one who hired her and judging by how her seniors acted, she might be scary so mina slightly nervous upon it.

 

*Knock knock*

 

Everyone in that room looked towards the door at the same time and they automatically stood up. mina was dumbfounded upon how people suddenly acted.

 

“Welcome back, Park Leader!” said the whole room at the same time while bowing.

 

At that time, Mina was soo shocked when people yelled that. Although she also followed what the others did, but the fact that the women who just came, is the same women that she met earlier before everyone else coming and the most importantly.. she is her team leader…

 

That’s why her name sounds familiar! Park Jihyo is my team leader… Oh god how could I don’t know my leader’s face… it’s been two months for me here..

 

“Thank you for your greetings everyone.” She said as she walked in and went to her room.

 

The way she walks, strictness and charisma is overflowing from her and everyone just stood there, hands clasped politely and waited until she went inside her room. But just when they thought things could get a little bit calmer, it won’t.

 

“Wait me in Hall A. There’s something that we should discuss.” Everyone except mina kinda have a hunch on what exactly their leader wanted to talk about and that made them froze on their spot.

“Right. Now.”  said Jihyo before she went inside her room.

 

With that, the whole staff were squirming out from their desk, brought anything they thought necessary for the meeting and went outside the room. Meanwhile mina just stood on her desk, didn’t even know what to do. because she’s rarely join team meeting and she honestly didn’t know whether she should join her seniors or not. So she just sat down again, trying to finish her work and tried to be unbothered by the whole commotions.

But her effort was actually in vain as once she heard Jihyo out of her room, she automatically stood up again and ditched her work.

 

“Why are you still here, ms.myoui?”

“I’m.. working on my reports, ma—miss..”

“I told you that we have a team meeting, didn’t i?” the once nervous mina turned confused now

“I… thought.. an intern can’t attend team meetings?”

“What are you talking about? Of course you can attend and you MUST attend it. it’s team meeting and whether you’re permanent or intern, you’re still part of the team. So stop doing that and go upstairs.”

“y-yes ma’am.. I mean miss..” Mina then walked out from her desk but she waited for Jihyo to walk before her and she followed her from behind.


Hall A

The room is like a conference room, quite big and has plenty seats like cinemas. The whole division staff stood in front while jihyo sat on one of the chair in the middle row. No one dare to open their mouth while jihyo still adjusting herself in her seat and the atmosphere is beyond tense..

 

“Show me the business plan that you guys made.”

 

The whole staff froze when they heard that. they knew the responds weren’t that great before and now they’re nervous to present it in front of their leader. But they still did it and showed the file on the slideshow. And like what they expected, a sigh came out from Jihyo.

 

“Do I have to tell you everything twice? I told you to show me the business plan that you made right? does this look like it?”

 “Y-yes ma’am.. this is the one that we made and present it during the open forum two days ago.” There’s a long paused after that, a reaaally nerve-wreaking pause with Jihyo looked straight at them while playing with her pen.

 

*click*

*clack*

*click*

*clack*

 

“fine then. start the presentation.”

 

Mina was just stood on the corner of the room, way out of the center and didn’t do anything. she watched how her seniors explained the business plan carefully and few times tried to check her leader’s responds. And the way jihyo acted so unbothered and so uninterested with the presentation made mina worried.

The more she listened to her seniors presentation, the more worried she was. It all because of what mina tried to showcase in that business plan, wasn’t really well-present by them and she just worried that jihyo will misunderstood the real purpose that the business plan wanted to achieve. But she can’t do much… she’s just an intern and intervening presentation just for the sake of her ego, is really selfish and unprofessional. So mina just stood still, waiting for the presentation to be finished.

 

Soon the presentation was finished and Jihyo begun to ask several question about the plan. The seniors could answer all the questions, but it’s not according to the aim and goals that the business plan wanted. It’s basically an answered from their basic knowledge and experiences.

The staff now seems calmed down since jihyo showed satisfaction upon the presentation. every time one of the staff answered her question, she would nod her head and wrote something on her note. They thought it was a good sign so no more nervousness.

 

“Okay. thank you for the presentation.” she said as she closed her notebook. “and thanks to that, now I’m ensured that none of you made this plan.”

 

 everyone was shocked upon that question. They thought Jihyo was pleased with their work but turns out.. she was nodding because she’s confirming that none of the person who explained nor answered her question are the one who made the plan.

 

“Why you guys mortified like that? Do you think I’m stupid enough to be fooled?” that made the whole staff hung their head low, embarrassed.

“Anyone can see that none of you made this. you didn’t really deliver what the plan wanted to achieve, you didn’t understand every strategy there, and the worst thing is, you answer my questions based on your common knowledge. Not according to the business plan and broad it up.” jihyo paused a bit a she let out a really frustrated sigh

“Next time, if you guys want to throw the work to other people.. at least try to understand it so you won’t make yourself LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT.”

 

The anger was evident. Jihyo not the type who use harsh words when someone made mistakes. But for her, what her employee just did this time, is really intolerable for her and she’s beyond angry so.. harsh words came out naturally but she still wise enough not to use and cuss words.

 

Jihyo then let out another sigh after seeing her employee could only hung their head low. and then she asked, “Who’s the one that made this?”

 

Everyone went silence after that question. Some didn’t know what to do since basically they were told to follow along and on the other side, mina was contemplated whether she should rise her hand or not. But this responds made Jihyo more furious

 

“If none of you come out, I’ll fire everyone.” and because of that threat, mina suddenly being pushed and everyone pointed her.

“The intern? You made this miss myoui?” Mina meekly nod her head.

“By yourself?” mina nod her head and jihyo sigh again..

 

 “To the rest of the staff.. Do you think this is a joke?!”

“No! park leader!”

“Then why you guys dumped your job to this intern and didn’t help her even a bit?? You want me to fire all of you?!”

“No, Park leader! Joesonghamnida!” said all the staff in unison.

“Sorry? Do you think a sorry could fix everything? The whole board of directors questioned me upon my team’s capability because of what you guys did. You’re embarrassing me in front of the directors and even in front of the intern. Do you think a sorry could fix that?!” everyone sweated in nervous when jihyo said that.

“For nearly two months, I left all of you with no surveillance because I trust you. But then what? you guys made me fly back home earlier because I got a report that you guys went on early lunch break, took an early home leave, abandoning your jobs and the worst thing is... you guys exploiting the intern.”

 

And everyone started to freeze on the spot. They know now this is more than just the business plan thing.  Things that they thought won’t even got to Jihyo’s ears, apparently reached her.

 

 “Miss myoui wasn’t the one who reported it. I got from other worker so no need for all of you to put a blame on her. but miss myoui. you’re wrong too because you can’t stand for your own rights and I never want that kind of behavior exist in my team. Got it?” Mina nod her head.

“huh... I was working soo hard in Taiwan. Meeting clients, supervising and trained mr.cho’s daughter, trained the business division there. and then someone called me, saying that my team slacking off their job? I feel betrayed.”

“We are very sorry for what we did Park Leader!” the whole staff bowed their head, waiting for Jihyo to accept their apology.

“Lifted up your heads. I’ll accept your apology.. but in one condition.” Everyone lifted their head and curious yet anxious about what jihyo about to say

“I want all of you to work as hard as you can and starting tomorrow, office hours start earlier at 7 and you guys will leave at 7pm. That’s the consequences for abandoning your obligations and took other people rights. Understand!”

“Y-yes!”

“Now miss myoui.. Come here.”

 

Mina walked towards Jihyo, with head hung low and hands clasped with each other. She didn’t know whether this is a good thing or not.. although momo said many directors satisfied with her plan, but still.. maybe jihyo has a different opinion and it won’t be good for her.

 

“Tell me how could you come up with these ideas?”

“I uh.. I did some research on last year reports of marketing, finance, and business development division.. analyzed it and combined it with few theories and concept that I learn in campus..”

 

After hearing that, Jihyo suddenly stood up and walked towards where mina stood and once she arrived in front of her, She lend out her hand.

 

“Give me your name tag.”

“N-ne? T-this name tag?” Jihyo nod her head.

“you don’t need that anymore.”

 

Everyone in the back, was gasping full of worry. They never know what they did cause an innocent intern to be sacked out the office. Just like that.

 

Mina’s head currently in daze now. this is too shocking for her and it feels like her world crumbling down.. the confidence that momo gave her, suddenly disappear and somehow.. there’s a slight disappointment and regret to fully trust momo.. her heart scattered in billion pieces and thing that she afraid the most, exactly happened..

With shaky hands and heavy heart, mina pulled her name tag away from her neck and gave it to Jihyo. she took a few step backwards yet head still hung low. She feel betrayed, annoyed, sad, and also mad..

 

“Now turn around and thanked all your seniors.” Mina turned around but before she said anything, jihyo cut her

“Thanked them for being lazy, irresponsible, and unprofessional person. Because of it, you’re hired as my new assistance.”

“Ne?!” said mina who automatically turned around as soon as she heard Jihyo said that.

“N-new assistance?? Me??” asked mina in teary eyes. seeing that, somehow made jihyo soften and different with jihyo few second ago, now jihyo smiled and gave Mina a nod

 

The rest of the staff? Of course they were as surprised as mina. they never see this coming and won’t even knew this kind of thing could possibly happen.. but it happened..

 

“You guys know that I don’t have assistance right? I leave you guys without surveillance or even someone to replace me there not just because I trust you. but it also a test.”

“The directors, especially my father kept pushing me to hire an assistance and because I wanted to promote one of you to be my assistance, I didn’t even asked other division leader to take over my place temporary.. But apparently, the only one who is remarkably enough to be my assistance,  just Miss Myoui. so it’s your own fault that you guys don’t get the promotions.” Said Jihyo

“Now. the meeting is dismissed. Go back to finish anything you were supposed to do.”

 

 

With heavy heart, all of them walked out from the room and went back to their room. Being scolded, got punishment, and missed chance to be promoted made them completely regret what they did for these pass two months.

 

on the other side, mina still stood on her spot. She didn’t move an inch as she trying to digest everything. Few moments ago she felt terrible, like she’s ready to give up everything and never want to trust other people again. but now, she’s beyond happy and she really doesn’t know what to do. tears came down from her eyes as a form of relieved.

 

“Surprised?” that question made Mina woke up from her doze. She quickly wiped off her tears and answered jihyo’s question.

“Y-yes.. i.. I thought I was fired..” jihyo laughed at this and then she ruffled Mina’s head.

“Of course not! You’re too valuable! And oh.. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you who I am earlier before this drama happened.” Said Jihyo

“Oh no! it’s okay miss.. I’m the one who should apologize to you.. I should’ve know how my leader look like.. I’m really sorry for that.”

“Chill.. if you check the company profile, you won’t see my face either. It’s normal.”

 

“So! Since you already know who I am, you want to be my assistance?”

“B-but.. why me? I-I’m just an intern and just worked here for two months.. Beside me, there are still many senior that I think deserve my spot..”

“That’s what you think. Not me, or even someone that recommend you to me.”

“S-someone recommended me?”

“Mhm.. You’ll now later.. so.. do you want to be my assistance?”

“I-I would like to try.. But I’m sorry if I didn’t reach your expectations.”

“You’re indeed a doubter like what I heard.. relax! I’ll help you so you can reach my expectation.”

 

The current Jihyo is soo warm and kind.. Totally different with few moments ago and also different with what mina thought she could be. Although this warm side that jihyo showed her, is quite resemble to the first impression mina has when they met earlier this morning—where mina still didn’t has a clue that jihyo is her team leader.

 

“Now.. since you already agree to be my assistance.. there’s someone that you should meet and maybe you really need to thank her.”

“Ne? who is sh—“

“Yah! It’s time for you to come out now.”

 

Mina looked around the hall to see whether someone popped out from nowhere but all she could see was an empty room.

 

“W-who?”

“Ugh.. this girl.. If you don’t come out now.. I swear you’re going to owe me two lu—“

“Okay! fine fine I’m here.”

 

Mina looked towards the top row seat where the person been hiding since the meeting started. Once she saw the person, her eyes went wide completely shocked. 

 

“Momo..eonni?”

 “Hi.” said the person awkwardly

 

“She’s the one who recommended you to me and also the one that told me about what happened two days ago. You should thanked her.” Said Jihyo to mina in a really small voice.

“Yah! what you’re whispering there? don’t say anything weird about me!” said momo as she hurriedly went down in panic.

 Jihyo’s back were facing momo so the latter can’t even guess what Jihyo were saying and that what made Momo thought Jihyo said something weird about her. Meanwhile mina already flustered with the new fact that she just knew.

 

“Well I’ll leave you two alone for now. But please after this, meet me in my room okay myoui?”

“uh.. yes.. miss park.” Said the still flustered mina.

“Have fun mo~”

“Just shut up and go.” said momo as she pushed Jihyo away.

 

*BAM*

 

Soon after Jihyo went out from the room, silence coupe these two. Mina was still surprised and can’t process everything. Today was such a roller coaster ride for her. she’s happy, then sad, then happy, and now.. she’s shocked but.. nervous and excited.

 

“I think before I started the explanation.. I should properly introduce myself..” after a small paused, Momo then begun her introduction.

“I’m Hirai Momo, 4 years older than you and I’m the vice leader of Human resource division..”

“Vice.. leader?” Momo nod her head.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this. I just want to hang out with someone without they knew what position I have..”

“I-it’s okay.. eon—uh ma’a—uh.. mi—I don’t know what to address you now..”

“Just call me normally, mina.”

“O-okay.. momo eonni..”

 

“So. for the explanation… Jihyo and I are friends i think since senior high and somehow she asked me to work together with her in here... so that’s how me and Jihyo know each other.”

“I heard that Jihyo needs assistance and I know how picky she is. And for these passed two months we spent time together, I think your capability and quality matched with Jihyo’s standards so.. I ended up recommended you and I showed her the repots that your supervisor sent to my division, showed her few of your works and also.. told her about what happened two days ago..”

“Oh god.. I’m sorry for troubling you and thank you so much for that Momo eonni..”

“It’s nothing but.. that isn’t entirely the real reason..”

“So there’s another reason?”

“Mhm.. I uh.. well.. just don’t want to lose you..”

“L-lose me?”

“Mhm. You said you didn’t know whether you wanted to continue working here or not right? And.. I uh.. how should I put this.. I enjoy your company, love talking with you and just hate the thought of losing you.”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

Mina’s face turned tense as she heard that and Momo interpreted it differently.. she thought mina was unpleasant with her reason while the truth is, mina was just flustered with it.

 

“Okay I do admit I was so selfish since I didn’t even ask your consideration but yeah.. I just recommended you to Jihyo or more like begged jihyo to hire you as her assistance just because I want you to stay. sorry…”

 

After hearing that, a train of blush hit mina and she thought she could managed herself but no. the sudden burning heat on her face, and the wild thumping heart in her chest made her squatted down, buried her head between her knees, and circling her arms around it—trying her best to cover her blush from momo. This of course made the slow witted momo shocked and worried.

 

“Oh god.. Did I say something wrong?? I’m so sorry..”

“N-no.. i-it’s not like that..” said mina muffled as she still hid herself. But then she’s slowly lifted up her head and faced Momo. although she still covered her face with her palms.

“I’m just.. shy w-with what eonni just said..”

 

Momo let out a snort after hearing that and that made mina more and more embarrassed. Momo weren’t panic anymore. a wide smile spread on her face as she looked at the ball of shyness in front of her. She can’t hold herself and in the end, momo raffled mina’s head.

 

“Told you I’ll help you.”

“T-thank you.. you always do this kind thing to me but I never do anything to you..”

“Naah you don’t have to do anything for me. just be my best companion like you always do, it’s enough.”

 

Mina peeked a bit through her fingers and saw how Momo gave a really soft and warm smile. She looked at her for few seconds, but since her heart couldn’t hold it, she stood and bowed goodbye

 

“I-uh.. I need to get back to work. Thank you so much for everything.. I uh.. see you at lunch eonni.” And mina started to dash out her way from the room. and the shyness made Momo smiled.

 

Cute.



AUTHOR NOTES

SSUP YALL!

Hm.... At first, this supposed to be the last chapter. But since I’m not satisfied with this, I decided to make another chapter.. so it’ll be a three chaptered story. YEY! (dunno if this a great news or not tho ^-^”)

Don’t know whether the ending will be good or not but well.. I’ll just try to make it better than this one.

Wellp! I don’t have much to say.. if you want to subscribe, please do.. if you like this story, please click the upvote button, and please left your thoughts in the comment bar~~



And oh! you can share this to your fellow mimorings if you want~ ^^

Thank you for reading this story and love you guys!!





kamsahamnida